Painted & ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Okay, I decided to paint. I was in the spray paint aisle and saw this color. Since atties are mostly silver and/or black I saw this textured semi-wet cinder block color. Ta-da! AND, the exterior is rough so I can grip it easily.

20151229_072640.jpg

Anyway, the battery strength. What are the indicators of weakness via usage. Just as a note, my resistances are right at 1.0 ohms. I imagine that I will determine drainage over time, but, I don't know how much usage it will get with having a few other mods.

Thanks!

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
A granite REO, nice :thumbs:

As far as indicators go, your vape will start to diminish long before you reach the maximum safe discharge level on your batteries. When it's no longer enjoyable, swap em out. I find that to be around 3.7V. At 1 ohm, of course depending on the batteries you use and your vape rate, you should probably get a full day out of a charge.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Granite, hmmm, I had not thought of that. There is a slight sheen to it from the clear coat, but I wanted to keep the roughness. I also put black tape around my bottle. I can tell when it is empty by the sucking sound. Basically, this one is black and granite.

Oh, when I put everything back together last night, I noticed that my flat-top battery did not connect. I put a nipple top in and all is fine. I'm a little nervous about bending the positive contact. Is their a "norm" for which battery is used?

Thanks for the "likes" all. This was a first. Maybe an "Elvis" one is next. :)

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Very cool treatment, Monsieur Fry :toast:

What was the product, if you don't mind divulging?

As for the bat life thing, you'll get to know your vape in short order and will be able to tell even the slightest drop off in performance. It's kind of like driving a standard - jerky and foreign at first, second nature with just a little familiarity.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Oh, when I put everything back together last night, I noticed that my flat-top battery did not connect. I put a nipple top in and all is fine. I'm a little nervous about bending the positive contact. Is their a "norm" for which battery is used?
typically flats or button tops will work, sometimes depends on the battery. for samsung 25r, you definitely don't want to use a button top for instance. Did the flat top work before? If so, you may want to make sure you got the + contact back in the right position and it's not getting hung up anywhere. Rob recommends the button top aw imr batts, but folks use all kinds in them both flat and button top

Reactions: Fishcakes

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
I actually don't remember the last battery. I have extras of both in the battery bin and their are different brands. They are all good batteries, just different ages and a couple of three brands. It works, life is good.

The paint is for metal, I forget the brand, but it is from Ace Hardware. The lid of the spraycan is a touch lighter in color because I have a clear coat on it. The lid feels rough, too. I am not near the garage. I imagine it is the only one Ace has.

I haven't had a metal mod before so sanding and repainting is an option now. Maybe I will get another from Rob. If my hands were steadier, I would consider some caligraphy.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Well, the durability is not like granite. I did put two clear coats on top. That took away some roughness so I stopped. I wanted the roughness so that it wouldn't slip out of my hands.

On the four side edges, my hand has been rubbing it down to the clear coat layer. The bottom is getting the same, but less so from standing it.

Kinda leaves the dilemma of just adding more clear coats and losing the rough texture or just letting it wear.

Just an update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread