Paranormal 510 Pin Doesn't Move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
I just got my second Paranormal 250C today. When I tried to screw the tank on I noticed a bit of resistance. Tried different tank, same problem. I inspected threads under strong light and my 4x glasses. They looked fine.

Used a small screwdriver to test the movement of the 510 pin. There was no movement. Hard as a rock!

I tried a KF tank, because the 510 is pretty shallow and I wanted to see if it made contact. It did and the resistance reading was fine.

I have tried with both the Siren V2 and Siren V2 with a heat sink. A lot of resistance screwing it down. But it does go down. And it seems to read the resistance on the different coils correctly.

In order to read the KF something must be moving up after the Siren pushes it down. But there is no spring action when testing it. It is as hard as a rock.

Anyone else run into this issue?

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
Yeah, took a video and contacted the dealer to see what to do. Googled to see if anyone else had posted the same issue. Real bummer because to QC 510 spring should take about 1.5 seconds :(

Well, but multiply that 1.5 seconds by 10,000 units and you have... shoddy QC.
It's my opinion that most vaping companies (and electronic factories in general) just don't care because the cost to them to make a unit is so low, it's cheaper to replace the inevitable failures than to have a proper QC regime in place.

How else would entire runs of mods with serious problems get loose?

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Yeah, took a video and contacted the dealer to see what to do. Googled to see if anyone else had posted the same issue. Real bummer because to QC 510 spring should take about 1.5 seconds :(
You should email LV, customer service is said to be pretty responsive. I've not needed to for any of my Therions so just hearsay.

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
The dealer told me to pull the 510 pin out. The 510 actually has good travel and springs back once unscrewed from the mod. Spent a few hours trying to figure it out. It really appears that once installed it is bottoming out on the plastic beneath. If true, that would seem to mean the plastic "insert" was molded wrong. Poking around Google I'm not finding anyone complaining of the same problem.

Contacted the dealer with the results, so far no reply.

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
So far no reply from the dealer or Lost Vape. Sanded down a pin on a heat sink and put a couple of homemade washers made out of "calling card" type thingies, used a black magic marker so the edges are no longer white and you just don't see them. So it sits tight, no gap and no resistance without pushing the 510 any further than necessary.

While that works, a 510 that's worse than my primo mini's does not exactly please me, deeply disappointed.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
So far no reply from the dealer or Lost Vape. Sanded down a pin on a heat sink and put a couple of homemade washers made out of "calling card" type thingies, used a black magic marker so the edges are no longer white and you just don't see them. So it sits tight, no gap and no resistance without pushing the 510 any further than necessary.

While that works, a 510 that's worse than my primo mini's does not exactly please me, deeply disappointed.
It is not unusual to not receive a response for several days, there many customers needing attention. You should visit the Evolve forum, might find a trick or two there.

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
Who is the vendor you purchased it from. If you just got it, it shouldn't even be a warranty problem but a swap and replace the mod by that vendor.

It is an online dealer inside the country. He didn't respond back today after I informed him the results of his suggested fix. Because there is a vaguely defined restriction on the importation of "e cigarettes" I really hope he resolves this. Depending how Lost Vape would require it sent back and how Lost Vape would send a new one it could be a real problem. Don't really know if mods are included. I was told it is pretty much up to customs inspector working by a dealer. When I tried to check with NTA for a detailed list of what required a ICC the only response was "e cigarettes" and "e liquid".

I noticed on the new (problem one) Paranormal the graphite doors had a slight movement and on one side the wooden door fit was real tight. It took about 8 trys to pull it back off.

I decided to take a look and compare the 2 mods.

They're different. The one on the right is the newest one with the 510 issue. The piece under the panel with the plate and magnet I have only seen on the 75c in DJ's review. The old one (on the left) with no problem is what I have seen under the panel for the 250C in pictures on the net
LVP Panels new old.jpg

I'm wondering if there is a slight difference in the chassis between 75C and 250C and I have a 75C chassis mixed with 250C assembly.

Anyone know?

Anyone have a 250C with that plate and magnet under the panel?

• Optimistic

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
That is weird. Does the box pass the authenticity test? Was it really new in box?

There is no authenticity check on the box. There is one on the chip and both pass.

Mod 1
in our database. It was produced April 12, 2018.

Mod 2
in our database. It was produced May 24, 2018.

Definitely new in box. The chip is definitely a Evolv DNA 250C.

Noticed that the screws on the bottom of mod 1 are unfinished, on mod 2 (with bad 510) has gunmetal finish.

Starting to remind me of my primo mini's, no 2 exactly alike.

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
yikes I was about to buy 2 of these, thank you for the report. I think I'll give the Paranormal a miss

I had already ordered number 3 in silver, I'll see how that goes. Be interested if someone on here has one with the plate and 510 that travels. If so I can rule out that. Also interested if they have a board after may 24, 2018 if they have the magnet and plate under the panel.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
My LV mods all came with a scratch and check. Here's the one from my Triade
5A3D22F4-FA21-4CD5-AFB1-B96867678592.jpeg

Here's a close up

EBA531BD-809D-4AE2-B5BB-B11621759EA2.jpeg

The board may well be a genuine Evolv DNA board, but I'm still wondering if that isn't a board swap by a third party into a used body. I have nothing conclusive to help you out with being that.

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
My LV mods all came with a scratch and check. Here's the one from my Triade
View attachment 762697

Here's a close up

View attachment 762699

The board may well be a genuine Evolv DNA board, but I'm still wondering if that isn't a board swap by a third party into a used body. I have nothing conclusive to help you out with being that.

Interesting. Where are you supposed to verify that after you scratch it?

When I got the first Paranormal and didn't see any kind of verification on the box I checked both lost vape and googled. The only thing I found was checking the Evolv board.

There is nothing on the Lost Vape site that I can find, not even for the Triade. Is there a secret URL?

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
What country are you in? There is an official LV warranty repair site in the US on which LV performs warranty work for 6 months. Evolv offers a one year warranty on the board itself.

I've never heard of this sort of LV problem before, and many, including me, have multiple mods from them and in the occasional need for support or service can usually obtain it. The build difference is confusing, the lack of authenticity code is confusing, and that email sure as hell is confusing.

Did you buy this from an actual retail vendor or is this some type of eBay transaction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread