Paranormal 510 Pin Doesn't Move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
I'm in the Philippines. That wasn't an email, that was posted on Lost Vapes Facebook page (as specified in the Paranormal manual, including the PDF one on Lost Vapes website).

In The Fog - Philippines Online Vape Shop is the website I purchased it from.

Do you know what web site you would verify the authenticity code on? The lost vape site has nothing about the code. All my other stuff, Aspire, smok, Digiflavor, VandyVape, joyetech…. all have a web address to verify at. It's not hard to find or prove. I see nothing for Lost Vape. I'm not doubting you, I would need to be able to go back to the dealer to complain that it is missing. Hard to do if I can't verify by the manufacturer or a website where it is and/or how it works.

There really is absolutely no sign of them being used mods. BUT, tin foil hat, it could be a way of selling grade "B" product and playing the plausible deniability game. I have found Aspire pulls crap like that.

I'm not doubting you at all. I find it suspicious if Lost Vape has a verification scheme that a buyer can not publicly verify it even exist.

You know what I mean?

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
The scratch off is a QR code. I believe that it brings you directly to the authenticity page with the url integral to the code. I can't vouch for it as I never went through the whole process. I know and am comfortable with my vendors so I've never been the authentication type.

I thought that was a reply to you rather than just a FB post. I don't do FB so I can't say whether that's a better source than the LV website. I would post on the contact us for support on the website (maybe you already did and I apologize if I missed that in an earlier post) and give them a few days to respond. If no response I'd try again.

Still I think the online vendor should really bear the responsibility of making this right. It's brand new in your hands and I know of no dealer that would not take back a defective product upon the buyer's receipt. I hope they work it out for you. It sucks to spend that sort of money and not getting the sort of product you should have.

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
The scratch off is a QR code. I believe that it brings you directly to the authenticity page with the url integral to the code. I can't vouch for it as I never went through the whole process. I know and am comfortable with my vendors so I've never been the authentication type.

I thought that was a reply to you rather than just a FB post. I don't do FB so I can't say whether that's a better source than the LV website. I would post on the contact us for support on the website (maybe you already did and I apologize if I missed that in an earlier post) and give them a few days to respond. If no response I'd try again.

Still I think the online vendor should really bear the responsibility of making this right. It's brand new in your hands and I know of no dealer that would not take back a defective product upon the buyer's receipt. I hope they work it out for you. It sucks to spend that sort of money and not getting the sort of product you should have.

I really thank you for the clue. I see a big problem here. Neither of the mods have that scratch off code. When I got the first one and saw there was only verification on the board and not the mod I did look online to see if Lost Vape had a verification code. No where does Lost Vape mention that they can be verified.

If I had known with the first one it was missing verification, no way would I have purchased a second one (actually have a third on the way).

How would a buyer know they received an "Unauthorized" Lost Vape Paranormal if there is nothing to say an "Authentic Authorized" version should have a QR verification.

The third mod is from Ali Express. If it is a "fake" I can dispute it. But if there is nothing saying an authentic has a verification code, I can't contest that it is a fake.

This thread may become important so others don't fall into the same trap.

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
yikes I was about to buy 2 of these, thank you for the report. I think I'll give the Paranormal a miss

If you live in the U.S. there is a list of vendors you should be safe with: lostvape.com/retailers/
I have heard the Lost Vapes U.S. support is very good as well as local (inside the U.S.).

Where I live is a consumers nightmare. I swear it is China's defect dumping ground. You buy things like fan, toaster, coffeemaker, microwave, even light bulb, they test it before you buy it, because if when you get home it doesn't work, too late, you own it now. Customer service means once you pay them you're at their service. I've seen more PC/laptops with bootlegged Windows then authentic. Even when the person bought it from a store with a sign displaying the crime and punishment for piracy, lol.

It appears all these vape gear manufacturers have poor Q.C.. I did expect better from Lost Vape. But if you're in the U.S. they may be the safest bet out there.

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
Actually, sorry I gave that link. What a pain in the .....

Out of their list of "approved" only one seems worth dealing with: Elementvape - $139. 11 Finish variations in stock.

HSWholesale - No Stock, awful navigation, high prices.
Vaporsupply - No Stock, awful navigation.
Midwest Distribution - $196 MSRP. May offer you a better price once you give them all your information including SS number.
VaporDNA - $149. Finish limited to 1: Silver - Red Black Kevlar.
Demand Vape - Had to create an account (With ALL your details) to get a price.
Then: Warning: Your account requires approval before you can login.
Still waiting for approval.
Covalvapes - No Stock.
Vaporbeast - $180.49. Finish limited to 1: Gun Metal Red Black Kevlar.
Wetvapes - No Stock.
ECSupplyinc - No Stock.
Avtxwholesale - No Stock.
Thehouseofvapor - No Stock.
Directvapor - No Stock.
** Elementvape - $139. 11 Finish variations in stock.
Localvapeshop - No Stock, No listing for Lost Vape at all.
SZ Vape (Vypevapor) - No Stock, No listing for Lost Vape at all.
Wildbillstobacco - B&M in Ohio.
Mayvillagetrading - Requires login to see prices, selection. Give them all your information including SS number.
Myfreedomsmokes - $139.95. 4 Finish variations.
Alldayvapes365 - Requires login to see prices/selection. First registration try entered all information, site lost filled out page and returned to blank registration form.
Vapenw - No listing for Lost Vape at all.
Eciggity - $139.99. 3 Finish variations (all Pearl Fish).
Wholesale Uvapereast - No listing for Lost Vape at all.
Eightcig - 3 Finish variations. Requires login to see price.
Vaperoyalty - $129.95. Gun Metal Grey Black Kevlar Scarlet Resin, Gun Metal Grey Black Kevlar Carbon.
Medusadistribution - Only has 75C. Price/selection requires login.

• Informative

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
I poked around a lot and the only Lost Vape mod I found with a QR code was the Triade 250C. Didn't even see one in unboxing videos of the Triade 250. Someone on the Evol website said they had the Paranormal 250C and it didn't have a QR code. So it is confusing.

The vendor contacted me and asked for another video showing the 510 pin not moving and a picture of the serial number on the box and they would send it to the supplier. I guess wait and see what happens.

Maybe all vape manufactures do the same thing, but I find this odd on the warranty card for conditions NOT covered:
"- Products purchased lower than MSRP and from unauthorized vendor".

• Optimistic

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
lv dna warrenty.JPG
The only manufacturer I know of with that requirement is YiHi, and they get a lot of grief for it. I wonder if LV varies terms by country.

Still I hope the vendor makes it right for you.

Me too, lol.

I found this statement in the Paranormal DNA 250C manual on Lost Vapes website:
LOST VAPE’s warranty does not apply to products purchased through unauthorized
vendors.

I think, specially in the U.S., EVOLV may be actually standing behind the product.

I know here, the most I've seen a vendor claim to offer a warranty is 3 months, some sellers are actually offering none, not even DOA. They offer you a choice, sealed package or they will open it and test it before sending. Beyond that you are SOL.

The vendor will try, I think it is really up to the supplier.

I do wonder if Lost Vape does have an "A" bin and a "B" bin. And "unauthorized" is where their "B" bin stock goes.

Last edited:

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
At least it's unauthorized vendors, not just buying at a discount.

The rules on this stuff varies so much between countries it's impossible to predict a company's policies. It's one reason for mods like this I only buy from US vendors I already know, even if there is a cheaper option shipped in from a Chinese vendor. Then again I'm fortunate the protections of consumer rights in the US is generally favorable for buyers but it's still possible for stuff to go all awry. I hope it works out.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
yikes I was about to buy 2 of these, thank you for the report. I think I'll give the Paranormal a miss
Not me. I currently own 9 Lost Vape mods:
  1. x2 Triade DNA200
  2. x3 Therion BF 75C
  3. x2 Paranormal 250C
  4. x2 Triade 250C
I haven't counted all of my mods to be honest, but well over 50 I am sure and Lost Vape mods are my favorites.

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
Well the dealer has not gotten back to me with the response from the supplier. I am assuming the response for replacement is negative.

I took one more look at it. I discovered if I take the batteries out I can get the 510 pin to move a little (very, very little) when pressing down on it. Not as much as the 2 other Paranormals I now have. Put the batteries back in and it is like bedrock. It may be a combination of a small fraction of tolerances between parts. Battery door, bottom contact, battery sled, top contact, positive wire, positive wire solder, top of battery sled, top of mod, 510..... If pulling the batteries out allows for a small amount of easy give, that would make it a real tight line up in the first place.

While with the batteries in I can't press down the 510 with the tweezers, I tested a couple of setups and at least now I can screw them down without feeling a hard "scraping" kind of resistance from the 510 threads.

On what I thought were "plates" under the doors. They are not "additional" plates. It is actually missing a sticky black strip that covers the I beam, screws and opposing magnet under the doors. I do not think that is what causes the graphite doors to have a slight click and movement, or the wooden doors to be extra hard to fit and pull out. The missing strips makes me wonder if there was a QC repair done on it before I got it. There are no indications it was used prior to me. The door tolerances makes me once again wonder if there is a combination of tolerances that are a fraction of a mm off that add up in problems with the 1.5mm throw the 510 should have.

I did find out that Lost Vape does not handle problems with EVOLV board mods, in the U.S. EVOLV has a company in Ohio do repairs. Outside, if you don't want to ship it to the U.S. you really are at the mercy of the sell and/or supplier. I also found out going with what Lost Vape regards as a "authorized" dealer is no guarantee they will handle your problem. Elementvape is listed as an authorized dealer. Turns out someone had an issue with a Tirade and Elementvape wouldn't help them. They had to go through Evolv that had them send it to the repair center in Ohio.

I still like the Paranormal. Even with the other mods though I am a little disappointed to find the throw of the 510 pin is not as good as my SMOK G-Priv 2. I had higher expectations for that from Lost Vape.

If I had paid $150 I would of been very unhappy though. I only paid around $115, but I won't buy anything else from that dealer due to the supplier not standing behind it. Something is a little off with that one mod.

Last edited:

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
On a very positive side. I had ordered a Paranormal from a seller on Ali Express for $103 with free shipping. After my previous experience my paranoia had me deeply regretting it.

What I got was a 100% perfect production. Very happy with it.

The Ali Express "store" must be just doing drop shipping. Inside was an invoice from buybest.com. They give you contact information should you have any problems. They at least give you the impression they WILL stand behind their products. They claim their products are inspected 3 times before shipping. I do not know how they could unless it is actually them that put the final cellophane wrapping on the box.

But it is a perfect specimen. And at $103, nice, very nice.

I checked out their web site, right now they have the Paranormal and Triade on a very short period preorder for $101 and $106 respectively. I looked at their guarantee policies, they look to be no hassle/customer oriented and I tend to lean towards trusting them. Checked out prices on other mods they carry and they have some real bargains.

Unfortunately for me I have reached mod over saturation and there really is nothing else out there that appeals to me.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Vape Magoo, you can't grab it with tweeters and wiggle it to come up? I just checked both of mine which they both have Crown 1 tanks on them. One I haven't removed for a couple of months I am sure and it had a lot of juice down there. Geez! Those Crowns shouldn't leak, I wonder what that was about? It looks clean inside, so that is a good sign.

I checked my two for springy 510 pins and they seem fine. What kind of atty were you using on it? If the 510 pin is too long, that could screw up the mods 510 pin. I use Kidney Puncher Mod Guards on my Reuleaux mods. They are 0.5mm thick I think and stops 510s going too deep and damaging the mods 510. As Reuleaux 510 will break with any pin longer than 4.6mm I believe.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Unfortunately for me I have reached mod over saturation and there really is nothing else out there that appeals to me.
Well I have 3 Orion podmods coming today and will probably get at least 2 Drones which are going to be released soon.

P.S. You noted above that Eciggity Paranomals as $139.99. But Eciggity tells you up front to use their 10% coupon code on top of their webpages. So that is really like $125.99. Plus they ship them out with free Priority shipping and you get them in a couple of days. Plus Eciggity's customer service is outstanding. :)

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
Vape Magoo, you can't grab it with tweeters and wiggle it to come up? I just checked both of mine which they both have Crown 1 tanks on them. One I haven't removed for a couple of months I am sure and it had a lot of juice down there. Geez! Those Crowns shouldn't leak, I wonder what that was about? It looks clean inside, so that is a good sign.
I set up things anyways.
I checked my two for springy 510 pins and they seem fine. What kind of atty were you using on it? If the 510 pin is too long, that could screw up the mods 510 pin. I use Kidney Puncher Mod Guards on my Reuleaux mods. They are 0.5mm thick I think and stops 510s going too deep and damaging the mods 510. As Reuleaux 510 will break with any pin longer than 4.6mm I believe.

No, the dealer had me unscrew and pull the 510 out when I first got it to check for problems. I have a KF with a very short PIN and that actually does make a connection. So it is not a matter of the pin hanging low. It is definitely bottoming out on the battery sled. The only tanks I even tried on it were Siren V2's and KF's. I do use heatsinks as a way to protect 510's from juice and minimize wear and tear. I sanded down a copper pin on one of my heatsinks, I use homemade "washers" anyways to avoid direct contact between bottom of heatsink and mod plate anyways. So I have a workaround that is pretty close to how I set things up anyways.

The issue/point is something just is not right that the 510 pin is solid against the battery sled. The allotted clearance must be very small in the Paranormal even normally, with this one it is non existent.

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
Well I have 3 Orion podmods coming today and will probably get at least 2 Drones which are going to be released soon.

P.S. You noted above that Eciggity Paranomals as $139.99. But Eciggity tells you up front to use their 10% coupon code on top of their webpages. So that is really like $125.99. Plus they ship them out with free Priority shipping and you get them in a couple of days. Plus Eciggity's customer service is outstanding. :)

Actually with Ali Express I have gotten full refunds when I take a video of the issue (also get a full refund when items do not arrive within given guarantee date). The only thing is that only lasts up to 15 days after you confirm receipt. After that you are at the mercy of the seller. In the case of the Paranormal I got for $103 they do let you know how to contact them (buybest.com) and it is a 90 day no hassle warranty. Just send them a video like Ali Express. The problem Lost Vape I purchased from a local dealer here in the Philippines for faster delivery, avoid intermittent black hole postal service, possible customs hassle, just in case warranty needs. But that logic worked out to be opposite results.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm sorry to hear about your issue and I hope you get it sorted out. I have to say, buybest is very quickly becoming one of my favorite China dealers . They usually have pretty good (and if on flash sale prices excellent) prices, and shipping times are all around pretty reasonable. They are right up there with FT in my opinion. I plan on using them more when I have the dough to be purchasing more. etc.

Anna

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
I did receive a replacement for the Paranormal with the 510 pin issue today. The new ones 510 does have normal throw for the mod (I do wish they all had better throw).

There is also no minor wobble on one of the panels.

This one has a June board date. I did notice that under the panel there is no black strip over the screw/vent plate. So I am guessing they stopped using the strip after April 2018 production and it is not an indication of a repaired and redistributed mod. But that is only a guess.

I have given the build a pretty detailed inspection. This one seems to be the most flawless off all. I am being really picky here, but none of the 4 are exactly the same.

The sticker on the box was wrong, marked as a Mirage DNA75C. No harm on my end.

So the seller and the supplier made it good.

Paranormal Mirage.jpg

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
Word of warning.

I got a very good deal on Ali Express for a Paranormal for $104.00. The seller was VapeOnly e-Cigarettes.

Last week there was another seller selling the Paranormal for $94 and I could not resist, the seller is VapeFun Store.

VapeFun Store is a bad seller, he does not have stock and will not cancel and refund for reason "Product(s) out of stock". He continues to offer what I ordered even though he is out of stock. Long/short, he is abusing buyers to get fake order numbers up while not getting negative points for out of stock.

VapeOnly e-Cigarettes - Good.

VapeFun Store - BAD, Danger, Danger Will Robinson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread