Parts list for DIY DNA30 dual 18650 mod (questions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

coblsobr

Mar 7, 2014
United States
So I'm about to order all the parts for my first DNA30 mod. Finding a good guide has proven to be very difficult and I'm not sure if I have considered everything. I'm going to post a list of parts below and I'd appreciate any input, including whether or not it will be everything I need. Thanks guys!

2x Panasonic nrc 3400mah 18650
1x Battery holder: Li-Ion 18650 Battery Holder (1S2P) With 2.6" long 20AWG & PCB (1S2P-18650)
1x Waterproof Metal Pushbutton with Blue LED Ring - 16mm Blue Momentary
2x C&K KSJ0M43180SHLFT tactile dome switch
1x fatdaddyvapes 510 connector
1x 3"x3" polycarbonate sheet 1/8 thickness
1x evolv DNA30 chip
1x evolv micro usb charge port with led indicator
1x Hammond 1590BBK project box (4.39Lx2.34Wx1.06D)
1x micro usb protection plug (rubber watertight)

I plan on using thermal epoxy (Is this correct??) To mount all electrically components, as well as sealing all the box cutouts with silicon sealant on the inside for protection in case or a spill or splash. I'm also going to drill a small emergency "blow off valve" in case of battery failure by drilling a hold and sealing it with silicone sealant (which will blow out and prevent pressure buildup) the polycarbonate sheet is for a wi Dow for the DNA30 screen. Will I need any resistors? Especially for the led in the fire button?:confused:

Again, I'll be greatful for any input, and I'm really looking for a pro's "all clear" that my parts list is complete. I have yet to figure out all the wire I will need but I figured I could go into a hardware store for that. Thanks again

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
Your parts list would depend on the schematic, and depending on specifically which switch it is, would determine how it needs to be included, and what circuitry is needed. Generally the list looks OK, but the devil is in the details.

Oh, are you planning on a screen cradle? They and the ribbon wire are quite fragile.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

rob33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
A World Traveler
I'll try to help you out, I've only built one myself. I would consider using a mini charger instead of a micro. Are you thinking about any fuse protection to the dna. Drill bits for the switches, top cap, cutting out screen and charger port, a small file set is helpful. VCT4 would be my choice of battery if you plan to be on the upper end of the DNA30 wattage. The thermal epoxy may be ok for the atty connector I wouldn't recommend for the electronic parts some has metal in it and cold temperature sensitive . When you get your dna be very careful with it, lots of reports of breaking screens and flexible connector wire coming loose from the board. Practice your soldering skills the dna board is not where you want to learn to solder. I'm sure some more experienced modder will jump in here but, this should give you some food for thought.

Last edited:

chebird

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2013
Western Mass
Hi, Coblso Im going to 2nd the idea to reconsider the batteries, I've been researching a build myself for a while, and with the dna30 you will be easily able to overpower those batteries. I would suggest you find batteries rated at 15amp or above those Panasonics are 6.8A max.

Rob33 said it, those Sony's are high amp batteries and proven:thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread