Passthrough Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

deejay187

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2011
Coventry, UK
Ok so I received my 510 passthrough today in the mail. It's the type with no battery inside. Manually operated.

It was working fine when i first tried it out. Left it plugged in to my powered usb hub while I was out. I have come back tonight and the red led on the tip just flashes 3 times, and no vapour is created.. almost like a flat battery. Tried it on wall seperate wall adapter, same problem except when i was pressing the button i was getting a strange high pitch noise coming through my speakers.

Strange this is when i remove the atomizer, the red led light stays on. As soon as i put it back on its flashing again and not working.

Can anyone help me out with this? Heard of this issue?

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
PTs should usually be used on an AC to USB adapter that offers at least 1mp (1000mA) of power. Is that how you are using it? (not your fault if you are not since most places sell stuff without instructions)

I have a different model of PT but these are the AC to USB adapters I use. They also sell an international version with different AC plugs.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882021122

It has 2amps available. A standard mini battery usually needs 500mA (1/2 amp) to charge so i can charge 4 batteries on it at once. A PT need 1000mA (1amp) so I can run a PT while charging 2 batteries (at 1/2 amp each).

Last edited:

deejay187

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2011
Coventry, UK
I just tried it on my Macbook Pro USB port & it is working! I initially avoided this as I read they generally dont have enough power, and preferred idea of not have it connected to my laptop directly anyway.

I really thought it would work with a standard usb wall adapter that came with my riva though? your saying otherwise? and the facts suggest you're right... i'm just surprised?

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY
All direct PT's I've seen (without the inline battery) require the minimum 5 VT 2 amp (2000ma) wall adapter so the one that came with your Riva Kit would not work, as its not 2 amp.

By the way, I love my 510 direct PT that I've been using for 4 months now ! Your juice will go a bit quicker but I've not found it to be a major difference to my 3.7 VT mod. Atty's best in the 3-4 omh range. I've often used my Joye in the 2.3 omh range and its been fine although I am careful to be sure I give it a chance to cool down between vapes as it will get really hot if you're not careful at that omh. Not a good idea to use the LR atty's on the direct PT. Good Luck!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread