Passthroughs, why are they so expensive in a shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeftCatcher

Mar 10, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Ok, so I went home (11hours away) for a wedding recently, and I left my only charger behind.
it's in the mail, so I whipped out my cheapo $5 passthrough only to find out that the cord broke.
i found it on fasttech for $6. All the local shops near me either don't carry it, or they want $30+ for it...
then the guy tried to sell me an aluminum kayfun clone for like $75, and 1 $129 passthrough kit set up for a car, and a mod, and batteries, ....
do these people think i'm really gonna buy their cloned crap @ 600% markup?!...
I'd rather buy it from fasttech at 1/6 the cost and wait 17 days. And spend the rest on tools to fix/mod the same crap I got from fasttech.
but it hit me today, I hate mods. I use my passthrough the most, I just need a way to power it.
so got this:
https://www.fasttech.com/products/1382500
https://www.fasttech.com/products/1711000
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404814810.689301.jpg

Now the cord on this USB passthrough sucks, but I'm fixing that now, and there are all kinds of battery power supplies.
Most people tell me to get an itaste, but why? There like $50-$90 and they do little if any more...
if I'm gonna spend that kind of cash, mind as well build my own and make it a vape utility belt of doom.

Last edited:

BigCatDaddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Near Austin, Texas
Now, ya just spent $20 plus shipping and yer gonna have to wait forever to get it, when you could have hopped over to 101vapes website and got an Itaste VV3 for $25 and you wouldn't have to wait but a couple of days. $40 would have gotten you an MVP. Both are passthru and are tough as nails to boot.

LeftCatcher

Mar 10, 2010
Atlanta, GA
If I understand you right you need a charger for your passthrough. If that's the case, you can get one at any Wallyworld for next to nothing. I should be a micro USB. I just use the cord for my cell phone.

yes, i have chargers for a wall outlet and 12vDC (car) already, i just want to see how this works. then when it takes a crap. i'll mod it. after all it was only $15...

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Now, ya just spent $20 plus shipping and yer gonna have to wait forever to get it, when you could have hopped over to 101vapes website and got an Itaste VV3 for $25 and you wouldn't have to wait but a couple of days. $40 would have gotten you an MVP. Both are passthru and are tough as nails to boot.

The vv3 is exactly what I was gonna recommend, you beat me to it. :D I used to keep either of mine plugged into my PC's front USB so much, my PC thought it "detected new hardware." ;)

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread