Paypal cancelled Johnson Creek account

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandMom

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Not sure if this is the right place - but just found on Johnson Creek's website dated today 8/3/2009.

Faster Production and Where PayPal Payments Went

by JCMark Smirniotis on August 3rd, 2009

Hi Everyone!
As of today, there are no further inventory caps throughout the store! Our lab is humming as it produces record amounts of your favorite flavors of Johnson Creek Original Smoke juice. While we are leaving the extended production time in place for a few more days, we are currently on track to be shipping next day before the end of the week.
For those of you that have been waiting, we apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience – you should see a package any day!
Some of you have also noticed that PayPal is no longer a payment option on our site. Thursday morning we were told by PayPal that the company would not be processing future transactions relating to the e-cigarette industry – in our case that includes credit card and debit cards not tied to PayPal accounts. Though we were disappointed to see PayPal ignore our long and successful relationship, we were able to make the transition to a new processor with barely a hiccup.
Before dawn Friday, a new card processor we’d been working with very closely was integrated into our site. Though we understand many customers enjoy the conveniences of PayPal, we can assure you that our payment process is safe and secure – It uses 128-bit SSL encryption (the highest commercially available) and adheres to PCI (Payment Card Industry) Security Standards to keep your data safe.

We do not know how thorough PayPal’s actions will be in regards to e-smoking. As one of the most life-changing industries to reach many of our customers in recent years, we hope these changes won’t hinder the growth of such important technology. Similarly, we hope that any of our peers working with PayPal will be able to overcome any potential obstacles and continue to reach the people seeking these products.
Thanks for your patience, your loyalty, your trust and your feedback!
Regards,
Mark Smirniotis

Duckies

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Philly
Recommend suppliers withdrawl into their bank accounts as soon as feasible. You don't want PP locking your account pending an 'inquiry'.

Also, check out Google Checkout. A friend who is working on a NFP unrelated to ecigs got locked out (& funds frozen) by Paypal for excessive activity shortly after the project launched and he was able to transition to Google without any problems for donations. This was just last week.

lm921

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2009
kentucky (usa)
paypal,google and all the rest are false security blankets. you can always make a phone call to your credit card company and reverse any transaction just as easy if not easyer than paypal/google. also if you do dispute a clam with a credit card company, it cost the retailer big bucks!
the retailers only use pp/g because of you! the customer, CC are cheaper for the retailer to use for any kind of business unless your sales are lower than 10K week. Screw PP/G and all the rest:evil:
Im not mad, i just like getting even:evil:

Yes i was once a internet retailer and i got screw more than once by PP/G both.
It got so bad i just got out.

Edit to add, you can get a pre-paid cc at any store :)

wezzie

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
New Orleans, La
I just had to use my credit card to order supplies with one supplier:grr:. This is the second time I tried to order using PayPal and it did not work! There was a yellow background colored message (too ticked to remember exactly what it stated) telling me I could not use it. Stupid goober ..... ignorant manipulative controlling bozos.

That's directed to the PayPal people!!! NOT to the suppliers...I need and love you people.

Last edited:
Edit to add, you can get a pre-paid cc at any store :)

But a few of the suppliers I have used *only* accept PayPal. Or at least, they did...

There was no option for Visa or MasterCard, at all.

Apparently PayPal did some sort of housekeeping today, and it boogered up the site for most of the afternoon. I had tried to make orders from both Eastmall and TW. FInally got the Eastmall order in, but the TW order wouldn't go through--it kept saying "try another method of payment." Well, there was no option.

But after I read this thread I tried again, and it did go through, so for the moment it looks as if you can still order from TW.

Last edited:

Vapinginmyboots

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2009
Upstate NY, USA
Not good... NOT GOOD AT ALL! I becha u can use paypal with tobacco purchases online, ..../pipe/hookah purchases online, so on and so forth. WTF is the big deal with paypal and e-cigs? What does paypal have to lose, or does it GAIN somehow monetarily? Logic says it would only lose money. There is no official ban yet, but paypal is all ornory over e-cigs, regardless of the benefits or harm to anyone.

A quick question if i may: can u use paypal linked to a different credit line or checking account for e-cigs? If not, my card is getting CUT UP ASAP! I dont use it for anything but e-cig stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread