PCC or Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
I'd have to go with a mod with 18650's. I had a 510 PCC in the past and know it wouldn't keep me going past a day or two. I'm using a Silver Bullet with 18650's now and they go all day, and I can get two days out of a batt if I push it. I've got 4 batt's so that would last me at least 6 days I figure.

If you're going to be near a vehicle you could use a PCC and a car charger adapter, they're only around $5. I've also seen a solar charger with a usb port, although I don't remember where anymore.

Edit: I found one http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10755919

Last edited:

uba egar320

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2009
WV
Dude, get something that uses a 14500, and an (insert your thread type) to 808 adapter. My protege rocks out on cartos for hours on end. For some reason, my SD MKII isn't a fan of the adapters. It still works, but I think the contact may be buggered up somehow. Maybe it would be fine with a diff adapter, Idk. Take 2 or 3 14500 batteries, on top of your pre charged 808 gear,and you're in the good.

Last edited:

Vapor Pete

The Vapor Pope
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
Rochester, NY
Dude, get something that uses a 14500, and an (insert your thread type) to 808 adapter. My protege rocks out on cartos for hours on end. For some reason, my SD MKII isn't a fan of the adapters. It still works, but I think the contact may be buggered up somehow. Maybe it would be fine with a diff adapter, Idk. Take 2 or 3 14500 batteries, on top of your pre charged 808 gear,and you're in the good.

Ummm... Uba.... I need visuals here. All this 14500, adapters, SD MKII etc.... you lost me bro :(

-VP

Maast

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Anchorage, AK
I go out fishing for several days too, I tried a PCC for the ego; waste of money - cant hold enough of a charge, so I went with a 18650 mod and a stack of precharged batteries, works like a champ.

I think the least expensive 18650 mod is the eastmall Indulgence, its the one I got, but I had to take it apart and re-engineer the whole thing to get it to work right.
What I really want is a Super-T Shockwave, but they're still not out. A silver bullet is a good choice too from all accounts.

juicejunky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
gone
An 808 PCc only charges 2 3/4 standard batteries. So that's 5-6 hours of vaping. An XL battery gives me 3-4 hours of fairly heaving vaping. 2 XLs weigh less than a PCC and give 2-3 hours more of vaping. Spend you money on extra batteries of whatever sort you like and carry batteries. EgoT 1000 batteries can be turned off in your pack, last 7-8 hours with KR808 cartos via .99 adapter from Good Prophets. Good for future upgrades to 510 stuff.

Bring a bottle of juice and dab in on your wrists if all batteries fail.

Have fun camping.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Definitely a bigger battery PV over a PCC. You will still need to bring along extra batteries. However, if you get one that uses the cr123a batteries, you can buy the non-rchargeable ones as an extra back up. I have found they will last about 10 hours on my Prodigy 5 volt PV.

The new Darwin has reportidly gone 48 hours before needing recharges but would still be too short for your needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread