Peanut Butter

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2020
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Hello,

I got some new flavor concentrates yesterday so I mixed a few juices right away. Few tobacco mixes went straight into the cabinet for steeping. Mixed a few dessert liquids, some one-shots and a bit of experimenting, also went into the cabinet.

However, I also received peanut butter concentrate so decided to try it. First time using peanut butter. I've done some reading before and many folks on other forums said (Found few posts on ..................) that they actually prefer PB without steeping, as many flavor concentrates taste dry or lose the peanut butter taste after 2-3 weeks of steeping, and apparently it tastes best freshly made. It's not a popular brand, UK made, so I couldn't really find much info or reviews online about this specific concentrate.
Peanut Butter E-Liquid Concentrate - The Mixmaster Range
I mixed a 60ml bottle, added few other things I thought might work:
approx. 67VG 33PG, 5% Distilled H2O, 10mg Nic
15% Peanut butter
3% Shortbread Concentrate
1% Acetyl Pyrazine
12 drops of Ethyl Maltol

I let it sit maybe for 2 hours, shaking from time to time. And started vaping. Oh man, it's disgusting. No depth at all, dry, weird taste- just disgusting, not very strong taste either (Smok Nord MTL coil, 0.8ohm, in a pod, not sure about the wattage I think it was like 15W though).
Is it the concentrate? Or any of the ingredient or ratios I used caused the fail? Is it even worth trying to steep it without any alterations? Any suggestions what I could add to try to fix it? Custard? Ice cream?

Thanks

Necrospecter

Dulce de Leche to rule them all
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2017
Fort Worth Texas
www.forsakengamingnation.com
I would definitely drop the drops of Ethyl Maltol regardless I find it can have a very strange effect on mixes with nut flavors. For peanut butter I personally use FW and give it at least 3 days depending on what else is in the mix

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Necrospecter

Dulce de Leche to rule them all
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2017
Fort Worth Texas
www.forsakengamingnation.com
15% seems super high for peanut butter. The 3 most popular brands average around 3-8%.

Crap I missed that part. I would say that is one of the problems however I have never used or heard of that peanut butter but I am going to order it just to try it out.

It looks like you were trying to go for a PB cookie so here is my quick PB cookie recipe just to give you an idea

Marshmallow RF SC 1%
Peanut Butter WF 4%
Sugar Cookie CAP 4%

Recommended at 30pg/70VG good as a shake and vape better after 3 days

I do feel that the combination of such high peanut butter combined with the Ethyl Maltol is the source of your strange taste

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2020
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
15% seems super high for peanut butter. The 3 most popular brands average around 3-8%.

http://..................com/threads/best-peanut-butter-flavoring.115549/

That's the thread I kinda based my % on. If you scroll down to 10th and 12th post you'll see that woman, Sandy, talking percentages. The recipe has 14% and later she says she's used PB in up to 26% (!)

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2020
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
PB1.jpg

Reactions: stols001

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2020
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
You guys are probably right though, I'll be more careful about what I find online...

I don't think I'm gonna let it steep. Most probably waste of time. I have an idea- I have some empty 120ml bottles, since it's 60ml, I'll prepare 60ml of vanilla custard, not sure about % maybe 10%? same nicotine, and let the 2 steep together. See how it goes. That will dilute both PB concentrate and the ethyl maltol, and custard hopefully will give it some depth. I wish I had marshmallow concentrate....

Another thing I was thinking of, but that's just a wild guess when I smelled both- how would it react if I mixed it with RY4?

I found that recipe where both were used (but completely different %)

https://..................../recipe/859335/Peanut Butter Tobacco

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Looks like she's using max totals as in single flavor recipes, instead of cutting them down to make a reasonable total. You can mix different brands together, at reduced percentages, to bring out the best in each and create a well rounded flavor (also known as stones). Generally it's best to start low and add more if needed, rather that go overboard and try to cut it. At this point, you might as well try to cut in half and work with one half to see how it works. Maybe, even better, try cutting it in thirds.

Any vanilla ice cream or vanilla custard might help.

Go ahead and do an RY4. Look up Goofy's Juice.

Last edited:

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
    May 1, 2020
    Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
    I think you can break the link if you need to link but this may also be unkosher so like don't quote me on that.

Anna
    Yeah not sure what's the script with that, don't wanna find out from an admin that I broke rule 137 paragraph 93 of the book of rules :shock:

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
    May 1, 2020
    Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
    Looks like she's using max totals as in single flavor recipes, instead of cutting them down to make a reasonable total. You can mix different brands together, at reduced percentages, to bring out the best in each and create a well rounded flavor (also known as stones). Generally it's best to start low and add more if needed, rather that go overboard and try to cut it. At this point, you might as well try to cut in half and work with one half to see how it works. Maybe, even better, try cutting it in thirds.

Any vanilla ice cream or vanilla custard might help.

Go ahead and do an RY4. Look up Goofy's Juice.
    I'll probably start with half and see how it goes. Don't want to make it too weak, everything I mixed so far including tobaccos was 15-20%. I'm currently vaping on a 15% virginia rolling tobacco one shot, 2 weeks steeping so far, and I really like it. But yeah, I can already see some stuff like peanut butter at 15% is defo a no no.

I just looked up goofy's juice. Looks good, I'm missing some ingredients though, graham cracker and I've no hazelnut, might have to hit the online store again lol. I have a feeling this is never gonna end :D

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I have a feeling this is never gonna end :D
    I suggest taking a look at e liquid recipes dot com (ELR). There's a feature there where you enter all your flavors and it will make recommendations. Recipes are also rated and average flavor percentages are given.

Last edited:
    Reactions: PeterKay
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread