The Taste of Peanut Butter ????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
I've been DIY e-juice for awhile now. My biggest effort is to clone one of my favorite flavors, that being MFPB by Vaporgate. This has a nice, sweet peanut butter taste with hints of nuts and chocolate.

That being said, you think I can come close to this e-juice with a mix of Peanut Butter, Chocolate Hazel Nut and some sweetener.

The problem is,,,, I cant get the juice to have any Peanut Butter Flavor. I've tried Cappella, The Flavor Apprentice, Flavor West and none get that Peanut Butter Flavor.
The last attempt was a 6ml mix with.....
1.1ml (TFA) Peanut Butter,
10 drops (CAP) Graham Cracker,,
10 drops (SIG) Sweetener,,,
2 drops (SIG) Acetyl Pyrazine,,,,

First taste after a shake and vape is Graham Cracker. The juice tastes nice BUT,,, NO PEANUT BUTTER FLAVOR
The Peanut Butter Flavor blends after each day of steeping BUT,, never to reach the Peanut Butter taste.

Anyone have any ideas about this.
All thoughts / comments much appreciated !!!!!!

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
I've been DIY e-juice for awhile now. My biggest effort is to clone one of my favorite flavors, that being MFPB by Vaporgate. This has a nice, sweet peanut butter taste with hints of nuts and chocolate.

That being said, you think I can come close to this e-juice with a mix of Peanut Butter, Chocolate Hazel Nut and some sweetener.

The problem is,,,, I cant get the juice to have any Peanut Butter Flavor. I've tried Cappella, The Flavor Apprentice, Flavor West and none get that Peanut Butter Flavor.
The last attempt was a 6ml mix with.....
1.1ml (TFA) Peanut Butter,
10 drops (CAP) Graham Cracker,,
10 drops (SIG) Sweetener,,,
2 drops (SIG) Acetyl Pyrazine,,,,

First taste after a shake and vape is Graham Cracker. The juice tastes nice BUT,,, NO PEANUT BUTTER FLAVOR
The Peanut Butter Flavor blends after each day of steeping BUT,, never to reach the Peanut Butter taste.

Anyone have any ideas about this.
All thoughts / comments much appreciated !!!!!!

With all my peanut butter recipes I've learned from trial and error that you need to add something creamy, like marshmallow, Bavarian cream, or even cheesecake to really bring out that peanut butter taste. I've also learned that neither peanut butter tastes like real peanut butter alone, I use 1/2 FW peanut butter and 1/2 TPA(TFA). So if my recipe calls for 8% peanut butter I add 4% FW peanut butter and 4% TPA peanut butter. One brand is more nutty and the other is more creamy. Both together give a more peanut butter flavor, but neither works without a creamy note from another flavor added. Doing this gives me really good results.

Reactions: Gahh

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
With all my peanut butter recipes I've learned from trial and error that you need to add something creamy, like marshmallow, Bavarian cream, or even cheesecake to really bring out that peanut butter taste. I've also learned that neither peanut butter tastes like real peanut butter alone, I use 1/2 FW peanut butter and 1/2 TPA(TFA). So if my recipe calls for 8% peanut butter I add 4% FW peanut butter and 4% TPA peanut butter. One brand is more nutty and the other is more creamy. Both together give a more peanut butter flavor, but neither works without a creamy note from another flavor added. Doing this gives me really good results.

I appreciate your thoughts on this, and will do as you stated. I have CAP, TFA & FW Peanut Butter as well as many Cream Flavor's.
Thanks again !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread