PEG question

Status
Not open for further replies.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
Anyone use PEG. I ask because I have dry sinuses and sores in my nose. I saw that PG can do that so I wanted to try DIY using PEG and see if that helps.
I've tried it, but found it didn't agree with. me @stols001 may be able to answer your questions though.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Mordacai

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
It's been a chronic problem for a long time so it may just be allerys or something. I just wanted to try something different and see if it's wortwhile.
I have a half liter from river supply if you want it. My order got lost, so I placed another, so I have a spare unopened bottle. Yours for the cost of shipping.

Reactions: stols001

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Anyone use PEG. I ask because I have dry sinuses and sores in my nose. I saw that PG can do that so I wanted to try DIY using PEG and see if that helps.
I experienced similar issues with one of my favorite long term use commercial liquids.
It was 100% VG and contained a substantial amount of flavoring (40%-50%).
Through a process of elimination, the flavoring was shown to be the cause of the issues.
I switched to DIY and max 10% flavor mixes. My nose cleared and I've vaped 80% VG, 20% PG juice for the past 6 years. No problems since.

TL;DR... IMO, it's the flavoring, not the PG.

HTH
I

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well it could be either or both. I had major issues in the beginning and PEG solved it. Of course, the majority of flavorings are suspended in PG so it could kinda be both at the same time.

I stay below 10% PG I am fine, otherwise not so much. Ideally I would love less fog from my vape (PG is great for that) but I find PEG400 to be a better flavor carrier. When I was using 90% vg I felt like my flavors were muddier sort of somehow and they were crisper with PEG400 and also ii is LESS viscous than VG only so you don't have the overheating issue.

It's worth a shot. Really. I gotta get some more from River before they run out or whatever. IDK.
Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread