pen style 901 vs mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinterscher

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
Southern Indiana, USA
I'm seeing that the 901's are really popular. I'm assuming that the main difference between the two is the usual pen style has longer battery life, holds more juice. Are both, mini and pen style, good or do I need to just aim for the pen style? I have a 510 and an Npro that is on the finicky side (sometimes works great, sometimes not so much), so I would like to have a third set to be on the safe side and am looking at the 901's. Any help and or suggestions would be great!

mamacat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2009
WS, NC, USA
I personally like the DSE 901 just not so much the battery life. I have not tried the DSE 801, so take my suggestions accordingly. I bought 2 510 sets and went back to my 901 after a week.

I have read that the 801 carts hold more juice, so that is a consideration. I do not find refilling my carts to be such a chore anymore. I have this down to a science. :D

I am, however, really partial to the 901 carts and attys. I have since moved on to 901 compatible mods and am extremely happy. I am not suggesting you do this yet, but to save money, you might want to stick with one type of atty whether it be the 510, 901, 801 or something else. When you find the one you REALLY like then go from there.

Best wishes!! :)

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Why would you want ANOTHER auto switch PV? Expensive batteries, short battery life, batteries that get gummed up from liquid and die.

My PV batteries last 7-8 hours on a charge (heavy vaping), are sealed so no liquid can gum them up and cost $2 to replace. But then again, if you are a very light vaper/smoker, the 901/801 type might be just right for you.

Last edited:

Hinterscher

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
Southern Indiana, USA
WV2Win - what do you use? I have seen that they are supposed to be coming out with manual batteries for the 801 soon, that colored my choice. I am curious to know your opinion, though. You know a lot more about it than I do, that's why I'm asking for advice.

mamacat - Are you meaning stick with one type that uses the same type of atty, I assume? What others are compatible with the 510.

I must say I am very curious about getting a penstyle. Maybe I just should have asked for some comments on good penstyles and I found a deal on the 801 for $28.88 + free shipping.

Babachoo

Moved On
Apr 17, 2009
I use both the 801 and 901 daily. The 801 lasts longer and puts out a bit more throat hit, whereas the 901 doesn't last long but seems to give a little more flavor out of the juice, but less throat hit. I'd recommend both though. You can get either for around $18-$27 with a 1 year warranty from my 2 main suppliers.

EDIT: The deal in the post above me for $28.88 with free shipping looks good, as long as it is a full kit with 2 batteries and has a 1 year warranty. Not sure though because no link to it. :(

Last edited:

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I use the Screwdriver (SD) and the Prodigy (PD). You WILL NOT get even close to the throat hit with a traditional 801 or 901 that you can get with the SD and PD. These PV's are more expensive, up front, but with $2 for batteries, they will pay for themselves many times over. And with any PV, you will be buying many, many batteries.

- The ScrewDriver - An electronic cigarette that simply works
Contact us / About us / Totally Wicked eLiquid / Electronic Cigarette e-liquid shop

PureSmoker.com - Home of the USA Built PV !!!

Almost everyone comes around to these type PV's eventually. It's just a matter of how many cheap PV's you buy before you make the upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread