Not open for further replies.

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
Cool let us know how it works out! I'd be interested I'm trying as well.

I've actually though about trying something like that. I don't know why but the smaller opening seems to make a difference in the vape.
I think I'll try and find something with the right diameters and give it a go.

Ariel_MX

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2010
Guadalajara, México
Is it just simply a matter of having a smaller opening? I wonder if we can just restrict the Ody opening with a smaller tub inside? I wouldn't really want to stuff some tube into it, though...

I already did that some months ago, I tried different plastic tubes, tube inside tube to reduce diameter, etc. I didn't notice a big difference, but it could be due experimented with my Odysseus V1, which has a shorter mouthpiece, so the "diameter reducer tubes" had to be very short and it didn't work as with the Penelope's mouth piece, which starts with a small diameter tube.

Scott_Simpson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Fort Wayne, IN
Anybody running the Penelope Fatty consistently? How do you like it?

I love it. I have it on my new Kicked Stealth, and it looks like they were made for each other. No leaks, no problems ... just expanded capacity and a lovely look. Actually makes Penny look like Ody ...

jgrubb

ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2009
Damn I'm late to the party. I just got my ggts revision 1 back yesterday from a trade I did a year ago like an idiot. Wanted to treat my old girl with a new rebuildable to make her complete. Imeo, do you have enough spare parts that you could throw one together for me I could purchase? I've spent the last 4 hours cleaning the ol' girl back up from being abused... I'm desperate here :) help!

mrgoodwrench2u

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2012
Toledo, Ohio . U.S.A.
Oh come on Imeo , Odysseus V-1 and V-2 , 1 run , and then discontinued. Then Penelope 1 run and discontinued.

Then what Ithaka 1 run and discontinued ? And then Achilles 1 run---ect....ect...
Your getting hard to keep up with here in just a years time. I and many ,many people love your products but many are very frustrated
because they can not get the GG's they want and hear about because they are dicontinued already. It seems you put alot of work and thought into the mods to just through them away after a production run.

Is Ithaka and Achilles is going to take the place of UFS , IAtty , Odysseus , and Penelope ?

penelope will not be produced any more jg. Achilles and his tank will replace it

comptechltd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2011
So. IL (St. Louis)
Oh come on Imeo , Odysseus V-1 and V-2 , 1 run , and then discontinued. Then Penelope 1 run and discontinued.

Then what Ithaka 1 run and discontinued ? And then Achilles 1 run---ect....ect...
Your getting hard to keep up with here in just a years time. I and many ,many people love your products but many are very frustrated
because they can not get the GG's they want and hear about because they are dicontinued already. It seems you put alot of work and thought into the mods to just through them away after a production run.

Is Ithaka and Achilles is going to take the place of UFS , IAtty , Odysseus , and Penelope ?

I would have to agree. I have a Penelope ans use it all day every day. It is a remarkable piece of engineering. I was considering buying another but now looks like that wont happen. IMEO, I think you have done wonders for the vaping world and hope you continue to do so but it seems like every time there is a pre order I don't have the cash. A couple of hundred bucks is significant to me. Now understand, if the product was available normally I would buy it in a heartbeat. When you had the pre-order for Ithaka it was closer to Christmas and I was strapped. Maybe up the production run a bit. I realize you don't want nor need a warehouse full of unpurchased Ody's or Penny's but you gotta be a bit more realistic. I would love to be able to buy an Ithaka but I've reserved myself to the fact that it probably isn't going to happen. I refuse to spend my whole day stalking a web site for when they pop up only to be kicked off because of time-outs from their crashed server. I also refuse to spend twice as much buying one from the classifieds.
I'm sorry if I offended you because I really think you have done wonders for the vaping world. I would be beside myself if I ever lost my Penny. It wasn't my intention to offend. I just had to vent.

Steve

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I cant really tell Mr. I discontinue items because I am making something much better. I dont know if someone feels bad about that but I think he had to think exactly the opposite.
I can stop thinking of course and keep the same model for the next 2 years but I dont think that anyone would like that.
And as I said I will keep supporting my models but I cant stop making new ones:)

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
No offend here compt. But I started preorders to solve the "stalking on site" problem when a batch comes out. Now I see that you have another problem that is that you cant buy what you need when you have the money. So the best solution is to do preorders to stop the "stalking problem" and to make more units than preorders so some people that dont want to do a preorder can still buy it in later time.

I think that I just did this with Ithaka buddy:)
I would have to agree. I have a Penelope ans use it all day every day. It is a remarkable piece of engineering. I was considering buying another but now looks like that wont happen. IMEO, I think you have done wonders for the vaping world and hope you continue to do so but it seems like every time there is a pre order I don't have the cash. A couple of hundred bucks is significant to me. Now understand, if the product was available normally I would buy it in a heartbeat. When you had the pre-order for Ithaka it was closer to Christmas and I was strapped. Maybe up the production run a bit. I realize you don't want nor need a warehouse full of unpurchased Ody's or Penny's but you gotta be a bit more realistic. I would love to be able to buy an Ithaka but I've reserved myself to the fact that it probably isn't going to happen. I refuse to spend my whole day stalking a web site for when they pop up only to be kicked off because of time-outs from their crashed server. I also refuse to spend twice as much buying one from the classifieds.
I'm sorry if I offended you because I really think you have done wonders for the vaping world. I would be beside myself if I ever lost my Penny. It wasn't my intention to offend. I just had to vent.

Steve

comptechltd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2011
So. IL (St. Louis)
So the best solution is to do preorders to stop the "stalking problem" and to make more units than preorders so some people that dont want to do a preorder can still buy it in later time.

I think that I just did this with Ithaka buddy:)

That's what I wanted to hear!!! Thanks Imeo

Steve

ram007

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2010
manila
Its a dog eat dog world, if imeo stops inventing then we'd loose a couple of his innovations. I think let him build what ever he wants as long as he does not stop supporting his previous creations or atleast provide spare parts. Ecig's and its accessories are a luxury and not a necessity. I for one want the ithaka but can't afford it so I skipped it saved my cash and kept my oddy now I've got a little extra for the achilles (which in reality is what a really need a "dripper" to use with my ggts.
As for imeo he should just make a lot per batch so we'd have a long run for each item plus the sellers could always cannibalize em for spare parts.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I think the idea of producing more than the number of pre-orders is a great Idea. I think what ever the total of pre-orders and doubling that would be great. It would give people who want a gg item to get one. I know there are GG collectors that order not only 2 but 10. Which is their right, but I think for others who would only need one to get something they can have for a lifetime. Either way Imeo make his deserved money and also allows others to be able to obtain something they yearn for.

WHen I see some peoples collection of un-used pristine items, of course I say thats amazing, but I see all the people who have searched for years with no avail. Part of me says its a bit selfish to "hoard" these things that were made to be used. I can understand also, if one has the money, why not get one or 2 extra as a collectors piece or investment.

Ive seen at least 2 members recently put up giant collections of up to 5 or more of each items: Brand new, unused of Penelope, Odysseus and other items. They were being sold at higher than retail. I cant help but think wow, good investment, but at the same time "scalper" comes to mind. They were bought even at the price.

Just a thought, that others feel also. People have the right to buy what they want with their money, and as many as they want. But those that want one to use and enjoy cant get the items, feel upset and wronged.

These are just my opinions and not meant as a criticism to any of those people who keep wonderful collections. I know that in all the hearts of passionate collectors (me included) its not always the thought of buying and making money) most never sell off their precious collections. When I finally got my Odysseus I loved it so much, and knowing that it was out of production made me want to have another as a backup to use it on another device. I also bought as many as I could afford of the inner parts that I thought would wear out eventually in case the parts ever stop being made. I know Imeo will continue to make parts for his past items but we all know that wont be forever.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread