Peppermint vs Spearmint

Status
Not open for further replies.

jebey29

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Winnsboro,LA
Ok..my head just won't wrap around the different flavors between Peppermint and Spearmint.

I love peppermint...and i think i love spearmint..but i cant remember what it tastes like.

Can someone describe the difference for me ? if possible ?

Thanks so much

Not sure i can describe the flavors adequately but peppermint is just like the candy...those red and white candies.

Spearmint is like the juicy fruit gum. Im not sure how old you are but back in my kid candy days the only gum choices we had were the yellow juicy fruit gum or the green juicy fruit gum....or you could get the 1 penny gums. Remember?

Ladycats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2008
Western North Carolina
YEah jebey..i remember that..i always loved the juicy fruit..yellow...but i cant remember what the spearmint tastes like...im gonna have to go out and get some i think..LOL

I'm thinking spearmint is sweeter...but i could be wrong

Go buy a pack :p:D Isn't it Doublemint Spearmint, in the green pack .........

RIMP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
YEah jebey..i remember that..i always loved the juicy fruit..yellow...but i cant remember what the spearmint tastes like...im gonna have to go out and get some i think..LOL

I'm thinking spearmint is sweeter...but i could be wrong

Spearmint, my ex friend is those litle green leaves shaped candies that were like big gumdrops in taste:rolleyes:
RIMP:evil:

LibertyRevolution

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2009
CT, USA
www.youtube.com
If your talking about doublemint Gum (made by Wrigleys)...

"The actual flavorings used in Doublemint gum are evidently a trade secret, but the company does say that the main flavor ingredient is peppermint."

It tastes like its got some spearmint or wintergreen in with the peppermint.

I have Dekang "Doublemint" it taste like doublemint gum.

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Someone asked me that as well, the difference between the two. And I found myself dumbfounded and tried to offer that it was just two different types of mint, which didn't quite capture it at all. Well, most of you know what the hell a candy cane tastes like. That would be peppermint. As for spearmint...maybe it would be best to part with $1 and buy a pack of spearmint gum.....

ZERO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
people's republic
For me the difference is:

Spearmint is sweet and light cool

Peppermint is heavy cool and menthol

If that makes any sense????
cuckoo.gif

I prefer Peppermint...
smoke.gif

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
Go with 'sweetmint' for spearmint - its describes what it is as opposed to peppermint's toothpastey, gives you a kick freshness (lol). Peppermint is much nicer - but sweetmint would delineate the 2 flavors quite well I think.
(menthol would be nose-hair burning slap in the face mintyness - I have such a gift for words :lol:)

LibertyRevolution

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2009
CT, USA
www.youtube.com
Well, I know what they taste like to me, and I know the difference by taste, but I've never (ever) had to describe the difference between the two. So, I guess I'll have find a way if I'm going to offer them as flavors.
You already did:
As for spearmint...maybe it would be best to part with $1 and buy a pack of spearmint gum.....

I LOL when I read that.

I would just say:
"Spearmint: It tastes just like spearmint"

lol

LibertyRevolution

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2009
CT, USA
www.youtube.com
I hear tasty vapor has sweetener now.

I'm in the same boat as the guy looking for a sweeter mint...
So this thread amuses me.

I haven't tried any of the TV mints, I want to, but I got to get through some more of this apple pie, and cafe macchiato, and butte rum, and bananas foster first.

I have tried peppermint from Rath and its very dry tasting. It didn't have that candy cane sweetness I was looking for. It was most definitely pepperminty, just harsh boarding on mentholness. I actully mixed up some of it with my TV butter cream doubler, it taste sweeter now, but now its like mint frosting. Not that that is bad, its a definite improvement over the dry harsh peppermint.

skywalk

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2009
Malaysia
LOL....this thread is giving me the giggles.

Ok...i think that spearmint is the sweeter mint.

Liberty...i found that mixing some sweetener in with the peppermint is almost like candy cane....( and Tasty Vapor has that sweetener now )

Next on my order is spearmint..and wintergreen :)

clumsygirl, have you tried mixing sweetener in their menthol? I didnt like the menthol because of the dry mint taste. Maybe if I add some sweetener it'll refresh the taste

skywalk

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2009
Malaysia
LOL....this thread is giving me the giggles.

Ok...i think that spearmint is the sweeter mint.

Liberty...i found that mixing some sweetener in with the peppermint is almost like candy cane....( and Tasty Vapor has that sweetener now )

Next on my order is spearmint..and wintergreen :)

hey sky,

No, havent tried the sweetener with menthol yet...but it works wonderfully with the peppermint.

I may have to just try that with the menthol.

Thanks for the tip
pls let me know once you try ok? I have a lot of menthol that i'm not vaping. if I can spice it up with sweetness i'll pick up some sweetner for sure!

Cari

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2010
Beach Dreaming
So it seems that Spearmint is sweeter than Peppermint, and where does Wintergreen fit in the picture? I've always thought that Spearmint was more minty than Wintergreen, and Wintergreen was the sweetest of all the mints?

Ugh, I'm so confused.......will one of my fellow mint lovers help me out please? I'm leaning toward trying the Wintergreen first, looking for just a little mint with a lot of sweetness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread