The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Permission groups

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and Help' started by weskeene, Jan 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. weskeene

weskeene Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 31, 2013
    Quincy, IL
    What does the Permission Groups setting do in your profile? I've got two choices: Senior Member with Ads and Subscribing Member. I have no idea what the advantage of one over the other is.

Thanks.

Wes

2. Killjoy1

Killjoy1 Ω Destroyer Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    New Hampshire, US
    It will change the color your username is displayed as. For example, the light purple of "supporting member" or the darker purple color of "ECF Veteran", etc. I think using the standard post-count-based user title colors it red

I don't know offhand if the color schemes are different in different forum skins, so pardon if my color descriptions aren't the same as what you see

3. weskeene

Dec 31, 2013
    Quincy, IL
    Thanks! I would never have guessed that's what it controls.

Wes Keene

4. Killjoy1

Killjoy1 Ω Destroyer Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    New Hampshire, US
    It may affect the presence of ads, too, now that I think about it. The more senior your rank (based on post count) the less ads you see IIRC. Selecting supporting member I think removes the ads, as well

That might have changed or I might not be remembering right, I've been here too long to remember for sure

EDIT: geez, I think I need to go to bed. My brain is definitely tired if I'm putting disclaimers in all of my posts :lol:

5. weskeene

Dec 31, 2013
    Quincy, IL
    Haha. No big deal. I haven't seen an ad here in a very long time. Frankly, I was starting to wonder about that. Your explanation fills in some blanks.

Another quick question: You know how some people are able to customize their title, so you don't see Ultra Member, or Senior Member, but like what you have...how is that done? Is that based on post count, too?

Wes

6. sonicdsl

sonicdsl Admin
    Reviewers Mgr
    Asst Classifieds Mgr
    Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 11, 2011
    That should be available to you now. Click Settings at the top, then Edit Profile on the left, or click this link: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/profile.php?do=editprofile

In the second section "Optional Information...", the first section is labeled "Custom User Title". Just fill in the blank, then scroll to the bottom and click "Save Changes". To reset to forum default, just select the checkbox in the same section, and click Save Changes, and it will reset.

Hope this helps! :)

7. weskeene

Dec 31, 2013
    Quincy, IL
    Oh cool. Thanks! I've already updated mine, now.

Wes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.