Persistent cough after vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

NicktheDick

Feb 7, 2018
Hello all, I have been vaping for a little bit now I stuck to 100% vg, but added about 30% pg I got from bulkapothecary.com to thin it out. I did not have any problems with coughing at all with the vg. Now I used this new combo and I have had a itchy chest and a cough a couple hours after vaping. I read that pg is harsher, but should it be bothering me hours after I have not vaped. Thanks in advance for any info.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Those sound like symptoms of a PG allergy to me (I have one). I vape 90% vg and 10% distilled water, to keep temperatures in my tank and coil down. Someone recently suggested PEG400 as a substitute for PG, as even with DW added, I'm a bit cloudier than I care for. It's working well so far (am using it cautiously still, to make sure I don't have a sensitivity) but so far, so good.

I'd start at 90VG/10DW for now, until you can get your hands on some PEG400 to try (if you so desire) because that will give your tanks less temperature/gunking issues, probably. I ordered mine from Amazon (a small quantity) but I will say that so far, I've been happy and will likely order in more bulk next time.

Good luck, if your coughing persists after you removed PG from the equation, I would say it might be good to see a doctor.

Best of luck,

Anna

• Useful
Reactions: Walee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread