Status
Not open for further replies.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
hi all,
i'm going to purchase some ejuice today off the net.
i decided on mt baker for my first venture at buying juice from a non-local source.
the local stuff has been either pg or vg based depending on the brand.
i've mixed flavors so some are 50/50 pv vg based.
my question is i'm looking for a good % based mix of the two.
100% one way or the other?
or a % in between of the two.
i am looking for a balance of taste and vapor
any recommendations.
regards
mike

DisKid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2013
Bridgeport, CT, USA
Ugh.. I hate this part when starting something new. I still haven't determined my ideal pg/vg ratio. I've tried 50/50 and I'm not sure at the moment what some of my other juices are. I really like to have noticeable flavor but I'm wondering if the pg is what is burning my tongue and mouth or if it's the nicotine. I have no idea what ratio I want to get next.. such a difficult choice for a newbie.. Argh!

I hate options! :)

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
I doubt that PG is 'burning your tongue.' That is probably due to a flavoring or additive.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-liquid-discussion/237271-vg-pg-explained.html

Ugh.. I hate this part when starting something new. I still haven't determined my ideal pg/vg ratio. I've tried 50/50 and I'm not sure at the moment what some of my other juices are. I really like to have noticeable flavor but I'm wondering if the pg is what is burning my tongue and mouth or if it's the nicotine. I have no idea what ratio I want to get next.. such a difficult choice for a newbie.. Argh!

I hate options! :)

SchmidtyKy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Anytown, USA
hi all,
i'm going to purchase some ejuice today off the net.
i decided on mt baker for my first venture at buying juice from a non-local source.
the local stuff has been either pg or vg based depending on the brand.
i've mixed flavors so some are 50/50 pv vg based.
my question is i'm looking for a good % based mix of the two.
100% one way or the other?
or a % in between of the two.
i am looking for a balance of taste and vapor
any recommendations.
regards
mike

I order from MTBaker all the time, and I just get their house mix which is 80%PG 20%VG. I get pretty good vapor. But throat hit and flavor is more important to me, so I like the high PG. Plus, higher VG can clog things up easier than PG.

PhoenixD

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2013
Austin TX
I'm a big fan of flavor so maybe my next order I'll try 70PG/30PG. My recent orders don't give an option. Space Jam Robo Fuel and Uncle Junk's Genius Juice are as is.

I had the same dilemma, what percentage??? GOSH! Sometimes there are too many decisions!

My B&M where I "got my start" (2nd B&M I tried and they were a CLEAR winner for customer service, listening to what I wanted and gauging my habits as I went back. They make their own and it was "pretty good" (had never had any before! LOL) and they had ONLY a "house blend of 60/40". I did not even know to ask about the blend when I first went in and started buying! Even though I had been doing my research on this forum. That shows you how much all the info can fly in one ear and out the other! So when I got to finally ordering juice online, what do I do(??? very puzzled) Well I liked the flavors I picked in 60/40 and a copius amount of vapor is very important to me, I didn't enjoy cigarettes when I couldn't see the smoke either! The more the better. So I learned here that VG is responsible for vapor production, PG can carry flavor better, I just went with 50/50 (giving me ...maybe... 10% more vapor).

I suggest you find #1 (NUMBER 1! for me anyway) *juices that you LIKE or love* as your very first concern. Go for anything that's like 80/20, 70/30, 60/40 or 50/50 in the beginning. Once you find some juices that are ADVs for you (all day vape--something you don't want to put down, lol) THEN go back to the same vendor and get THAT juice, that same amount of nicotine in a different blend. But to me LOVING a few juices and having some "plan B" juice flavors that you like, that would be the first.

Another thing I did (after I'd already ordered everything in 50/50, lol) there were some I sort of liked but felt they could be a bit better so I would check the webpage for the place and see if they listed it or a customer service email to them to find out: what blend do YOU recommend for your juices?

Subdivisions

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
PA
50/50 works fine in any kanger bottom coil I've used (evod, protank).

I ordered from Mtbakervapor Friday and ordered 50/50 of cheesecake. I hope it's not too thick and doesn't cause issues with my recently purchased evod. I love this thing so far and I have an ismoka bcc mega on the way as well!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Seanchai

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
Georgia, USA
I suggest you find #1 (NUMBER 1! for me anyway) *juices that you LIKE or love* as your very first concern. Go for anything that's like 80/20, 70/30, 60/40 or 50/50 in the beginning. Once you find some juices that are ADVs for you (all day vape--something you don't want to put down, lol) THEN go back to the same vendor and get THAT juice, that same amount of nicotine in a different blend. But to me LOVING a few juices and having some "plan B" juice flavors that you like, that would be the first.

Yep, this is what I did when I got started. If you have no idea what kind of PG/VG blend you like, start with whatever the house blend and/or default option is for PG/VG, then when it's time to reorder, get the flavors you liked in a slightly different PG/VG blend. That way, if you find that you've gone too high for your tastes one way or the other, you can mix your old and new juices together and still be able to vape it. I started at 80/20 and 70/30 (depending on the vendor) and have settled on 50/50 as my sweet spot... but the higher PG juices still got vaped, cause I just mixed them with the new stuff.

Some people are sensitive to PG, some are sensitive to VG, and some are sensitive to neither and just prefer their juice a certain way... so there's no way to know what will work for you without trying some juices. An ideal mix in the eyes of other people, or even in the eyes of the vendor, isn't necessarily what will be ideal for *you*.... so just pick a starting point - as you have - and adjust from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread