PG/VG balance questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lm7nyne

Verified Member
Sep 18, 2014
Oklahoma, USA
From what I've read here and tried myself, PG is for flavor as VG is for vapor. So it really comes down to your personal preference. Try some different ratios to see what you enjoy the most. Now some flavors will taste better with different ratios, so keep that in mind. (forgot to mention that you can always run down to the local pharmacy to get some VG in case you wanted to see what it vapes like on its own.)

Norrin

Aug 29, 2014
Shetland
It's all a personal thing I like 50/50, other like more or less PG. The best thing to do would be to buy 1 flavour at 3 different ratios all the same nic and see whats best for you. Some say PG holds flavour better, from my experience I don't agree but it can take longer to steep. PG does give more TH and VG gives more vapour but there is no ratio that is best just what is best for you.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
While part of it is certainly personal preference IMO certain percentages work better with different flavors. my favorite tobacco flavors are higher pg and my favorite creams are inevitablly higher vg. fruit and citrus pretty good in that 50-50 range. Will something taste bad at 50-50 nope. But I am always looking for that perfect vape. It is always a flavor/cloud/throat hit combo that is very elusive. Just the same as smoking. That first cigarette of the morning was always tasty or after ... um.. certain other events lol. In the evening nothing but a good cigar would do.

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
I vape 80%VG. For me, PG is hard on the throat. Too much gives the sensation over time like a soar throat is coming on but never does. Others handle PG better, but describe VG as being very "heavy" on the lungs. Still other people don't seem to have an issue either way. You will need to find what works for you best.

I stick with 80% because it's just enough PG to be a good flavor carrier, and it thins down the VG just enough to not be like molasses.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Lots have mentioned that VG makes more vapor, and PG is debatably a better flavor carrier.
A couple other things to consider:

- Some people have an allergic reaction to one or the other - so if you find some allergic reaction to vaping, try heavy PG and heavy VG liquid, to figure out which one.

- VG is MUCH thicker, so it doesn't "wick" as easily in devices that need wick to suck liquid up into the coils. People who are vaping 100% VG liquid to make gigantic clouds are typically doing it in drippers - so they don't have to worry. But if you're using a tank system, you probably need a thinner liquid to flow right.

I mix my own, so if I feel like it, I can mix up some 42/58.
:D

invisiblehand13

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2014
Woodville, WI
It's all a personal thing I like 50/50, other like more or less PG. The best thing to do would be to buy 1 flavour at 3 different ratios all the same nic and see whats best for you. Some say PG holds flavour better, from my experience I don't agree but it can take longer to steep. PG does give more TH and VG gives more vapour but there is no ratio that is best just what is best for you.

Nice to know someone else agrees with me lol, I use VG heavy for cloud purposes but I get into arguments all the time about how I do not think PG carries more flavor (although that is the common opinion for the most part) and was even informed that this was a "fact" lol, it is all personal preference, enough said...

invisiblehand13

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2014
Woodville, WI
On another thread it has been recently speculated that in a humid climate you need to up the PG, in a dry climate more VG. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...1-vaping-reduced-lung-capacity-long-post.html
PG is more drying to the nose and throat. I notice my nose running a bit with 50/50. I am thinking of mixing more PG into my juices (currently at 50/50).

I live in an EXTREMELY dry climate (gotta love the desert lol) and I wonder if that is why everyone here prefers VG heavy juice. I work in a B and M and we only do 80/20 blends unless requested otherwise and this is a great theory, many thanks lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread