PG/VG Newbie question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enzzo

ECF Veteran
May 18, 2013
USA
Hey there,

So I use a MVP with an iClear 30 usually around 3.8v (not sure if its relevant but just in case there ya go) and I'm looking to start getting some different juices then the normal volcano ones I've been buying. I'm currently interested in a few flavors at mt bakers but I have to select what PG VG %'s I want. I have no clue what those are and what effect they have on the juice. My other juice purchases were just pick a nic % and size. Can anyone give me a clue to what this means and help me find the right mix for me?

Edit: I also see people saying that the juice was "steeping" for 2 weeks. What does this mean, they just let it sit there? And is this necessary for their juices?

Last edited:

rbeckys8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
idaho
PG- thinner, more flavor and less vape.
VG- Thicker, bit less flavor and dense white vape clouds.

You can be pretty safe with 50/50 mix depending on your preference. Try a few different combos to find what you like. May not want too high of VG with an iclear.

I just ordered one..I vape 100% VG..hope I didn't screw up!

TXSundevil

Oct 9, 2013
Dallas, TX, USA
Not bad for the tank, but the higher VG liquid may have problems saturating the wicks well resulting in dry or scratchy, or even burnt hits. This however has not been my experience with any of the iclears be it 16's or 30's They have been great with everything for me up to ratios with 80% VG. Alot of folks do have problems with high VG content wicking well though, so just a word of caution there. Even high VG liquids vary alot, as some vendors dilute the VG itself in with water to cut the viscosity.

Cr0tchF4i

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
San Diego, CA
I just ordered one..I vape 100% VG..hope I didn't screw up!

Nah you'll be ok. If you're having wicking issues try adding a drop of two of distilled water and mix it around. I do that with some of mine to thin it out a bit.

I always use 100%vg- especially in my RDA- dragon clouds.

DetraMental

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2013
United States
Don't worry too much. You've been given great advice and simple fixes if you do run into problems. The iClear is a really forgiving tank and wicks great so I don't foresee you having any problem. You may have to wait a few extra minutes upon initially filling the tank for it to wick properly, after that you should be fine. Happy Vaping :vapor:

Krazirob

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
Cameron, NC
just remember the more PG you have the more TH you will get and it will be thinner in texture.....the more VG you have the more Vapor you will get and it will be thicker.....with clearomizers I've found that the closer to half and half you can get the better it will wick.....once you start getting into the 20/80 ratios it may not wick right if its 80 VG or it may flood if its 80 PG. Get 50/50 and see how you like it IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread