PG/VG questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

adambean

Jan 12, 2012
Ohio
Hey all,

My local shop got me started on the whole e-cig thing and they primarily only sell full VG. I am now looking to start buying liquid online due to the price (local shop has ~50+ flavors, but charge $7 for 5ml); however I'm unsure of the whole PG/VG ratio.

It would appear most sites do a 50/50, 60/40 or even 70/30 ... but I'm not yet sure I fully understand what PG vs. VG truly is. To date, I've enjoyed my full VG and isn't PG technically more harmful for you from a chemical perspective?

Can anyone help educate me on the matter?

Also, I'm trying to find a good site for blackberry (my favorite so far) and blackcherry (have not yet tried, but assume I will like). Overall I seem to like the more fruity juices and not the thicker or even tobacco type flavors. I came across ECBlend which appears to be pretty awesome, but I don't see a full VG option?

Thanks!

Last edited:

mikeinbc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2012
Chilliwack, BC, CA
I would buy fruit flavors at Perfumers Apprentice. Here are some links related to what you are looking for:

PG:
Perfumers Apprentice - Propylene Glycol (PG)
VG:
Perfumers Apprentice - Vegetable Glycerine (VG)
Blackberry Flavor:
Perfumers Apprentice - Blackberry Flavor
Black Cherry Flavor:
Perfumers Apprentice - Black Cherry Flavor

Although some people are allergic, PG is relatively safe as far as I'm concerned. I would try mixing 60PG/40VG with the flavoring at 10% to start. There should be a testing period for you to determine what mixture is going to work the best for you. Try mixing small batches and go from there. Look for mixing programs to complete the process. Good luck vaping.

ITPython

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
Central Coast, CA
ECBlend does offer a full VG line

100% VG Base - ECBlend

Otherwise, you can just order reduced PG, which is very high in VG. I have not tried their fruit flavors, but their tobacco flavors are VERY pungent. Some of the strongest smelling juices I have had to date, And they all have a very distinctive underlying taste, kinda clove-like. So not sure if the fruit flavors will have that taste as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread