PG/VG Ratio for E Juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

shurpacabra

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
hello ecf. new member here.

Most all of the e juices I have purchased so far have been from local B&Ms, so I don't really get to see the PG/VG ratio of my juice. I've mostly tried Halo, Ignite, and Drip. They have nice throat hit and good vapor production, and I assume they are high in PG.

I want to order some new juices online where I have the option to choose my own PG/VG ratio. I want a nice noticeable throat hit, but also a LOT of vapor. I'm thinking 70/30? What do you guys recommend for me, and what do you personally prefer? Thanks a lot, and vape ON!

Last edited:

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
I started out on a 50/50 mix because I liked the best of both worlds. Rule of thumb is if you want more throat hit, go with more pg. If you want more vapor, go with more vg. Just something you have to play around with really in order to find out what you really like. Just like with flavors. Good luck to you on your journey. It's all fun. Happy vaping. :)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The ingredient most responsible for "throat hit" is the concentration of nicotine, then to a lesser degree pg (propylene glycol).

Pg is a better carrier for flavor than vg.

The ingredient most responsible for vapor is vg (vegetable glycerin).

The majority of eliquids have a ratio of 50/50 pg/vg. This gives a nice balance between flavor and vapor production.

wb7275

Apr 12, 2014
St. Louis
The ingredient most responsible for "throat hit" is the concentration of nicotine, then to a lesser degree pg (propylene glycol).

The majority of eliquids have a ratio of 50/50 pg/vg. This gives a nice balance between flavor and vapor production.

Definitely this. I've been around the board and found 50/50 to be my preferred mix. Good wicking, vapor and flavor.

edit: although I'm not really much of a 'cloud-chaser'. Have always been more about the flavor.

shurpacabra

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I diy my own juice and generally go with a 50/50 or 60/40 ratio. I get good throat hit and vapor production with either of them. I've tried 80/20 and 70/30 but vapor production is noticeably less in my opinion, and I don't feel that I'm getting more throat hit either.

thanks, ill consider trying about a 60/40 blend and work from there. I ordered a sample pack from HHV last night at 70/30 (that's the only option) with Dark Horse, Dragons Fire, Gaia, and Huntsman. Ill get one at 60/40 if I like it a lot and see what happens. really appreciate the info, vape on!

anumber1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
NW Ohio
I tend to order juice in 50/50 mix.
Works well for me.
Less wicking issues with that mix than high vg ratios, still enough pg to carry a lot of flavor. Good all around mix for me.
Me is the operative word though. It is a personal preference that I have found by experimenting with a variety of different mixes and flavors from different vendors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread