PG-VG Ratio questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. Been vaping for about 2 months now, definitely enjoying the tinkering and experimental aspect of it. About to buy a few mods, but that's another post for another day!

My questions are about pg vs vg. I'm familiar with the different qualities of each, more or less. This is not a health related post - I have no pg allergy, and have been vaping pg based liquids so far. But I'm about to try a new liquid vendor (quick nic) and they offer the option of mixing any given juice with different ratios of pg to vg.

Does more vg produce less TH? That's not necessarily a bad thing for me. I'm vaping 18 mg pg only juice currently, and at higher voltages I'm loving the huge clouds, but not liking the throat hit - too harsh, but the nic level is perfect for me. Would a greater vg to pg ratio smooth out the pg scratchiness I'm feeling?

How much vg is too much in a mix? I mostly drip, but sometimes use a map style tank.

Thanks!

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
PG - thin, lets through the most flavor, most nicotine TH, most nicotine irritation
VG - thick, dulls/smooths everything PG lets through, makes thicker visible vapor

Typical PG/VG ratios that work well

Plain atomizer - any PG/VG as long as the juice flows at least as fast as you vape
Plain stuffing cartomizer - I use PG w/ 20% or less VG for easy wicking and good carto life
Dual coil carto - some say they can use up to 100% VG in these
Tanks and reservoir cartos - like 30% Vg or less, may work with some thinner 50/50

I also avoid juices that drop a lot of flavoring sediment (clogs everything). When I get one like that, I find a different juice.

Last edited:

base234

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2011
Over the edge...
I'm vaping 18 mg pg only juice currently, and at higher voltages I'm loving the huge clouds, but not liking the throat hit - too harsh, but the nic level is perfect for me. Would a greater vg to pg ratio smooth out the pg scratchiness I'm feeling?

How much vg is too much in a mix? I mostly drip, but sometimes use a map style tank.

Thanks!

Yes a higher VG ratio might smooth it out. Worked for me. I now vape 100%VG with carts and dripping. Talk about clouds of vapor! I don't use tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread