The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

PH Study For Acid Reflux & Vaping?

Discussion in 'Health, Safety and Vaping' started by Dayvidpriddy, Aug 29, 2019.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Dayvidpriddy

Dayvidpriddy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2011
    Hey guys,

I'm having a PH study for acid reflux (where the put a wire probe thru your nose and down into just above the stomach area) and it stays for 24 hours and is then removed. I set up the appointment for the 12TH of September, I asked the person who will be doing the procedure if it was ok for me to vape during the study. She said nobody had ever asked her this before (or even about smoking during the study) which I found a bit odd (especially the smoking). She said she would have to get back with me after speaking to the doctor who ordered the test and also she wants to contact the vendor of the device they are using to ask them as well.

Was wondering if anyone here has had one of these studies done and if so, were you able to vape during the 24 hour study or were you told not to vape?

I guess the question could also apply to people who smoked cigarettes or still do smoke cigarettes who have had the test done as well.

Thanks!

• Informative Informative x 3
  2. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Interesting. Please report back on this one.

• Like Like x 1
  3. avremele

avremele Full Member

Jul 29, 2019
    I never ask a doctor about vaping. I educate them by reminding them how infrequently they see me since I switched to vaping.

4. Dayvidpriddy

Dayvidpriddy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2011
    I forgot to report back lol, the GI department checked with both the ordering physician and the company that makes the device being used to test me...both said it was fine to vape if that was my regular, daily activity.

• Like Like x 1