The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Pharroh Mini Issues

Discussion in 'RTA' started by mitty18, Feb 28, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. mitty18

mitty18 New Member

Feb 13, 2018
    Hello friends,

I apologize if this is in the wrong thread, so mods feel free move the thread if necessary

I wanted to get into the building and re-wicking of my coils to try and save money, so I went with a pharroh mini and am having some problems, I'm using a flat fused clapton that comes in the Coilology 7 in 1 kit, SS316, the coil is reading at .26 ohms, glowing beautifully from the inside out, seems to be wicking well. The other day I decided it seemed time to add new cotton into the mod, dry burned the coil and got it glowing again from the inside out, first couple hits were okay, and then after that it was nothing but burnt flavor. I did scrape off the coils with a tooth brush prior to adding new cotton, but I still got burnt flavor. I essentially said to hell with it and put my Sub-ohm tank back on because that's what I was comfortable with.

I was running the coil in temperature mode at 75 watts and temp at 430-500 F. I tried switching to VW mode and was getting a bunch of dry hits.

I'm running it on top of the Vaporesso Revenger mod.

I'm not sure if it will help, but I can post some pictures later of what the coil looks like and the wicking job that I did.

Can't be sure what i'm doing wrong, but it was really frustrating and honestly haven't touched the tank since I got the last super dry, burnt hit.

2. Gallant

Gallant Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 4, 2013
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    seems like too much cotton

3. bombastinator

bombastinator Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    ... wait .. did you dry burn the coil with the cotton IN the coil? If so there’s your problem right there.

4. mitty18

mitty18 New Member

Feb 13, 2018
    I might be stupid, but i'm not THAT stupid. I tried with less cotton a couple of times and the tank only leaked on me.

5. bombastinator

bombastinator Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Oh good. Had to be asked, your post read like you might have. Wicking RTAs is always a bit tricky. There a fairly small tolerance between too much and not enough cotton and too long and too short of a wick. My assumption is one or more of these tolerances has been exceeded in one direction or another.

Watching a few wicking videos for your mod could help a lot if you haven’t done that already. Frequently the video makers go through some testing to find out what works. I’ve got a 22mm Amit, which is the single coil version of your atty and I had to watch a couple of them and fail a couple times before I was able to make a wick that worked.

6. Asbestos4004

Asbestos4004 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2013
    Im not familiar with the tank....but your wicks aren't carrying enough juice.
    I'd guess tails too long or too dense... choking off juice flow.
    Also, I'm not a TC guy, but you had to go out of tc to dry burn. Did you put it back in TC? If so, shouldn't TC be preventing these burnt hits?

• Like Like x 1
  7. steeledragon78

steeledragon78 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 28, 2013
    Owasso, OK, USA
    TC on the original pharaoh was spotty at best, due to how the deck and base are connected. i dont own a mini but the base and deck look like they are similarly connected. also, dual coil TC can be a BEAR with round wire coils, so i can only imagine a dual coil exotic TC build being even more of a bear to get right.

you may have more luck going single coil and getting that wicked right, which can also be a bear on the pharaoh. i gave up on mine when it went from dry hits to flooded mess to dry hits in 4 drags. it was too finiky for me, which is why i grabbed a engine nano and was much happier.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Vapenter

Vapenter Full Member

Mar 1, 2016
    BC, Canada
    I just got this tank the other day and put a .26 ohm, triple core fused Clapton in it. Kanthal core and ss wrap, 3mm id.

I found that with the 3mm id and rayon just slightly tight in the coil I didn't have to thin out the tails at all, they fit perfectly in the juice slots. I was able to chain vape it no problem at 45 watts in vw and only started to get dry hits (not burnt yet) when I went up to 55w, hit it back to back and very long pulls.

No leaking in the couple days since I got it either.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.