Pheonix TC leak - I stopped the profuse leaking !

Status
Not open for further replies.

cocoabellaRSD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2012
Texas
I opened a pack of CE2's and took out the rubber O-ring and I found an extra one I had kept from an old clearo, with my supplies and stacked 2 of of these rubber o-rings just above the fill tube of my Pheonix TC. Now my drip tip
goes all the way in and seats right against those 2 - O-rings. Since I put in that 2nd O-rings, i haven't had the issue with it
leaking profusely. I still am getting a bit of juice seepage from the battery-threaded end of my Pheonix top coil , but
using the 2 O-rings has slowed that leak a great deal. I can at least fill it now and not lose most of my juice after letting
it sit.

keelalagirl55

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
as for the leaking at the battery end.....Bad found a solution to this as well. It's a bit of overwicking that is causing that issue. If you lift the plug and rotate the slots away from the wick slots on the post, you will eliminate that. IMO, I'd start with just a little rotation if you aren't having a lot of overwicking just to cut off some of the slot....if it continues, rotate a little more ;) HTH

cocoabellaRSD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2012
Texas
This solution is already posted in the main thread for the Phoenix TC's... badkola was the one that found it and they are now including some rings with the latest versions they are selling

RD thanks for your reply.
I realize GV presented the solution with the rubber O-ring.
And I did try that, but my Pheonix was still leaking. I decided to try putting in a second o-ring , so now am using
2- O-rings - or double stacking them , this way my drip tip seats flush with the o-rings, leaving no space in between
the o-ring and the drip tip ( using 1 o-ring , I still had a gap between my drip tip and the one o-ring and was still
getting leaks).
I am not trying to step on GV's toes here, or 'steal their idea for the fix' . Was just trying to help people out sharing what I found to help me stop the leaking in my Pheonix TC, which was adding an additional o-ring to double stack them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread