PHIX by MLV

Status
Not open for further replies.

dansus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Jan 16, 2016
    London
    The BO fires just by looking at it, one of the main things i like about it.
    Tight like the myjet yea but you have to pull a little hard to get it to activate which I didn't like.

Interesting, first ive heard of this. That would annoy me no end, had enough of that with the MVE.

Kong1988

Mar 20, 2017
    Hello everyone, my first post here in ecf..just received my phix by mlv mod on friday and i am really enjoying it!..matter of fact i enjoyed in so much i bought another pair..unfortunately today, one of the phix mod decided to not work..it would not pull out any vapor out of it, and when charged, the light blinked once..anyone else had this issue? The store where i bought it from replaced it with a new piece..just curious how are u guys charging it? Ive been charging mine with a 1a iphone charger or straight from a pc's usb slot..

dansus

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Jan 16, 2016
    London
    unfortunately today, one of the phix mod decided to not work..it would not pull out any vapor out of it, and when charged, the light blinked once..anyone else had this issue?
    A shop mentioned that 5 out of the 20 they sold came back with not firing issues. Problem may be related to main power wire coming loose.

dansus

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Jan 16, 2016
    London
    I picked up a BO, draw is super tight. Its already getting the dansus treatment.. :D

Phix_pod.jpg

DrDC

Feb 13, 2016
    I have to say, after using this device for the past couple of weeks, it is hands-down my favorite between the Juul, MyJet, and Phix (and the iCare Solo, which is an entirely different beast...really poor flavor from those IC coil heads). The draw is tight, and I've noticed no spitback or dry hits whatsoever aside from the occasional bit of liquid that gets pulled through the chimney if I try to draw too hard on the device. The spearmint flavor is great! I just wish I could find a similar flavoring to refill the pods with my NN salt solutions.

Refilling the pods is relatively simple if you use a knife to break one of the bottom corners. I would assume that it's primarily due to the ceramic wick, but I've gotten almost 6 to 8 refills out of each pod before the flavor is affected (which should give these pods a longer lifespan than the Juul in that regard).

If there was a way to swap out the ceramic wick and coil with a fresh one at the bottom of the pods (I know, keep dreaming, right?) instead of paying the $20-$25 for new pods each time, this would be an absolutely killer device. That said, I'll certainly continue using mine as long as I can afford it.

Reactions: stols001

DrDC

Feb 13, 2016
    Also does the juul pull liquid into your mouth? I find this issue with the phix after vaping on it for quite sometime even with different pods

Just wondering how does the juul compare to phix? Never tried the juul but thinking about getting one..

In my own experiences with both devices, the Juul pods can have a tendency to leak occasionally as well, especially when they're new. It's definitely not a regular thing, but I happen to notice it if I throw it into my pocket upside down and give the liquid (or probably just condensation) time to pool up in the chimney. It hasn't been a complete dealbreaker for me though.

I've also experienced a little of the liquid being pulled through the mouthpiece on the Phix. The only times it's been really noticeable for me is if I take a particularly long draw or simply try to draw too hard on the device. It seems like it mostly stops happening when I'm about halfway through the juice in a pod and I haven't noticed it after I refill them though.

The Juul and Phix--at least to me--seem very similar in terms of the throat hit and nicotine strength. Having used the Juul for quite a while, I find myself going back to the Phix over and over. There's just something about the smoothness in the ramp up and the consistency from the ceramic wick that I find to be so much better. With the Juul, it seemed like I would have to occasionally take out the pod and squeeze or reinsert the pod when the hits started to fade in strength. The Phix pods seem to be very consistent from a new pod until it's empty. I don't mean to sound like the Juul is totally inferior though...both are great devices in their own respects.

I'm not sure if others have other opinions of the two, but I just thought I'd throw in my two cents!

Apr 5, 2017
    • Deleted by retired1
    Apr 5, 2017
    • Deleted by retired1

Gcnc76

Dec 16, 2016
    United States
    V2 pods on the way, no refilling for you! But they do vape much better, apparently..
    Where'd you hear about this? Also, do you know what all has changed? If they really do last a few days, I won't mind them being non-refillable, but I'm curious how that can be, I mean, there HAS to be a way! Even if I have to drill a hole and make a plug!

3daysNcounting

Apr 25, 2017
    Hi all, wanting to chime in about the Phix, I LOVE it! I am a bit irritated however about the pod UNavailabilty! I was in my old smoke shop a couple weeks ago, talking about wanting to quit. The guy that works there said they had just gotten in this thing called the Phix, ran his whole sales thing on me, and yeah...
    Impulse buy!

BUT.... the little thing works! It flat out does the job, and I'm amazed! I'm not sure why, but the "original tobacco" flavor is like [edited] to me! I was able to smoke my last cigarette 3 days ago, and I'm done!

So here comes the mini rant.... I've been back to the store since purchasing the Phix, (several times) wanting to buy more of those pods... They've been out ever since! (Good thing I got a box of the hard strawberry pods along with the Phix)
    So, I went to MLV's website and purchased a couple boxes of the pods, and that was last week. They were "projected" to be delivered today... I haven't even received the email yet, that tells me they've shipped!
    I've heard the same about Juul pods as well...

My question now is this... Why? Its not like its rocket science! So yeah, the guy at the shop said that these pod systems have completely broken the proverbial glass ceiling, but REALLY? Hire more people? More shippers? Chemists?

Don't get me wrong, I HAVE done a bit of creative juggling and ordered 3 different bottles of Mr Salt-E, one of which I'm rocking in my iCare, and the other two are in transit.... But man.... that "original tobacco" flavor invades my sleep! o_O

And, as I was saying, I really DO love this little device, lol!

Last edited by a moderator:

David Wolf

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 11, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Hi all, wanting to chime in about the Phix, I LOVE it! I am a bit irritated however about the pod UNavailabilty! I was in my old smoke shop a couple weeks ago, talking about wanting to quit. The guy that works there said they had just gotten in this thing called the Phix, ran his whole sales thing on me, and yeah...
    Impulse buy!

BUT.... the little thing works! It flat out does the job, and I'm amazed! I'm not sure why, but the "original tobacco" flavor is like [edited] to me! I was able to smoke my last cigarette 3 days ago, and I'm done!

So here comes the mini rant.... I've been back to the store since purchasing the Phix, (several times) wanting to buy more of those pods... They've been out ever since! (Good thing I got a box of the hard strawberry pods along with the Phix)
    So, I went to MLV's website and purchased a couple boxes of the pods, and that was last week. They were "projected" to be delivered today... I haven't even received the email yet, that tells me they've shipped!
    I've heard the same about Juul pods as well...

My question now is this... Why? Its not like its rocket science! So yeah, the guy at the shop said that these pod systems have completely broken the proverbial glass ceiling, but REALLY? Hire more people? More shippers? Chemists?

Don't get me wrong, I HAVE done a bit of creative juggling and ordered 3 different bottles of Mr Salt-E, one of which I'm rocking in my iCare, and the other two are in transit.... But man.... that "original tobacco" flavor invades my sleep! o_O

And, as I was saying, I really DO love this little device, lol!
    Brewell makes the juice for the Phix and they describe their tobacco as "natural tobacco flavored" which makes me wonder if it's a natural tobacco extract or a tobacco alkaloid.
    I think these new pod mods will help a lot of people stop vaping, congrats on the three days!

Last edited by a moderator:
    • Agree
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread