Status
Not open for further replies.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
"CE2" is a type of clearo... many companies make them and they aren't all created equal. The Fluxomizer is another one that GV carries ( and are having issues with the company if I remember my gossip correctly ) and Vision's Extreme line that GV carries are some more examples. I've had good luck with the Extreme line... and haven't tried the Flux's at all.

In short... not all CE2's are going to be made by the company that makes the Phoenix line just so you don't get confused. I'm one of the few that never had luck with the original Phoenix's and haven't tried the newer version ... I usually use 3+ ml tank styles and I'm trying to move to the fully rebuildables that use ss mesh... so it's unlikely that I'll try others of this type.

I do keep up with what everyone says about these none the less... I've seen several that have had luck on the second series and also several that haven't... I believe the differences reported must come down to vaping style, equipment ( ie PV ) and/or the e-liquid used. Those types of things are the only reasons why I didn't see success with the first versions while many others praised them... I suspect the same is true of this later version as well.

If these ( first versions ) used to work for you and now don't ( second version )... instead of slinging mud... give details of the equipment you are using and what voltage/wattage you use and the e-liquids you are vaping on them... that way GV's will at least have some info to pass back to the manufacturer so they may be able to address it. While I may not use this type much more, it doesn't mean I don't want to see others that do like this type have issues.... It just doesn't do any good to only complain and not provide detailed info that may be used to help address the issues you may be having.

VapingTurtle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2011
The Reef just off the Florida coast

Lauralie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2010
Here, there, everywhere!
If these ( first versions ) used to work for you and now don't ( second version )... instead of slinging mud... give details of the equipment you are using and what voltage/wattage you use and the e-liquids you are vaping on them... that way GV's will at least have some info to pass back to the manufacturer so they may be able to address it. While I may not use this type much more, it doesn't mean I don't want to see others that do like this type have issues.... It just doesn't do any good to only complain and not provide detailed info that may be used to help address the issues you may be having.

clapping_hands.gif

koticat

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2012
USA...the tiny state of SC
I have had problems with both of them.....yet I'm still using them. Out of the 2 versions of the Phoenix, I have to say the original one was the best.....besides holding a lil bit more than the reborn, I could get 3-5 fills out of each one before I would notice off-flavor or dry hits. Then I would clean it. I could clean and reuse the original at least twice before tossing it. The reborns? Hmmmm, one trip and they're basically done....

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
I have had problems with both of them.....yet I'm still using them. Out of the 2 versions of the Phoenix, I have to say the original one was the best.....besides holding a lil bit more than the reborn, I could get 3-5 fills out of each one before I would notice off-flavor or dry hits. Then I would clean it. I could clean and reuse the original at least twice before tossing it. The reborns? Hmmmm, one trip and they're basically done....
I guess I'm having better luck with these than some people.
I did have some problems with a few of the 808 reborns with burnt hits for the first couple of hits (then they settle out and vape fine) and a couple developed cracks from having to pull harder to seperate from the base, but my 510's have been running like a champ!

mikecup

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2010
Peninsula, Ohio
I guess I'm having better luck with these than some people.
I did have some problems with a few of the 808 reborns with burnt hits for the first couple of hits (then they settle out and vape fine) and a couple developed cracks from having to pull harder to seperate from the base, but my 510's have been running like a champ!

I'm glad they are working for you. Why they work for some and not others is mind boggling.
Believe me I want these to work. I have used the originals since they came out, I have gone thru at least 10 boxes, they were my exclusive e cig and worked almost flawlessly.
I vape at 3.5 to 4.0v, I use 70/30 pg/vg juices. And I have been vapping for 2+ years.
Maybe the 2 boxes I purchased were defective. I doubt it.
Now I'm not slinging mud here (great term by the way).
I'm just giving an honest review. They just don't wick for me, burnt tasting, if you squeeze the tube and see the air bubbles from the wick holes, you may get a good hit, but after that it stops wicking till you do it again. Maybe the tube is to tight of a fit now because of the longer base, just a guess.
I have given up on the phoenix. And I realize its not GV to blame.
GV is a great supplier, and of course I will continue to purchase many more items from them.

RichardV

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2012
The Golden Isles of Georgia, USA
I will say that I have not tried the reborns yet. I have been using the originals and while vaping 3+ml a day of DIY Cotton Candy(16%PG/15% flavor/60%VG/9%DW) I usually go for a week before doing a dry burn and they have been lasting an average of 5 weeks use each before dry burning does not help. I still have 28 new ones in my stash box.:D

Adrena

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2011
Washington
I will say that I have not tried the reborns yet. I have been using the originals and while vaping 3+ml a day of DIY Cotton Candy(16%PG/15% flavor/60%VG/9%DW) I usually go for a week before doing a dry burn and they have been lasting an average of 5 weeks use each before dry burning does not help. I still have 28 new ones in my stash box.:D

LUCKY I'm down to 5 V1's...

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
I'm glad they are working for you. Why they work for some and not others is mind boggling.
Believe me I want these to work. I have used the originals since they came out, I have gone thru at least 10 boxes, they were my exclusive e cig and worked almost flawlessly.
I vape at 3.5 to 4.0v, I use 70/30 pg/vg juices. And I have been vapping for 2+ years.
Maybe the 2 boxes I purchased were defective. I doubt it.
Now I'm not slinging mud here (great term by the way).
I'm just giving an honest review. They just don't wick for me, burnt tasting, if you squeeze the tube and see the air bubbles from the wick holes, you may get a good hit, but after that it stops wicking till you do it again. Maybe the tube is to tight of a fit now because of the longer base, just a guess.
I have given up on the phoenix. And I realize its not GV to blame.
GV is a great supplier, and of course I will continue to purchase many more items from them.
Don't get me wrong, I beleive you when you say you're having more problems with the reborns. I find them a bit more touchy and have had to lift the center post on a couple to wick properly.

If I had a choice, I'd go back to the origional version too just for the extra volume of fluid it holds.

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
ill look into the reborns, but i will see if we can have the first versions return as well so people can choose from both
Thanks for looking into the issues.

While I had good luck with my first batch of reborns, the last couple did not perform as well.
I'm getting a slight burnt flavor for the first 1/3 of the tank, then it settles down to great flavor.
I think they either need to tweek the design, or go back to what worked so well before they messed with it.
Please keep us updated, the Phoenix XL is an amazing device that I plan to continue to use.

Note: I'm using 70/30pg/vg on a spinner set at around 3.7v

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread