Phone battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnguin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Picture 2.jpg I was just looking at my cell phone battery. It is a 3.7 volt 900mah lithium ion rechargeable. Thin, small and flat, would be perfect for a box mod. Has anyone tried this?

Since that's a 0.9AH, 3.7V battery; and, assuming that you'd want the range of low to standard resistance atty or carto range to use it with, you're talking about drawing anywhere from 1A to 2.5A of current from the battery (assuming a load resistance of 1.5Ω to 3.5Ω). The C-rating of that battery needs to be 3C or higher, or you'll probably destroy the battery (if the internal resistance is low enough to permit sourcing that kind of current in the first place). Cell phone batteries aren't famous for high C-ratings (because cell phones don't generally place high current demands on their batteries), nor are they famous for graceful deaths when they are over-taxed.

You could try it, but I suspect that your results will be less than spectacular.

gazob

Jul 28, 2011
Melbourne Australia
Ive got a mod with 2 1000mah lipos, Variable watts, works well, 2+ days charge time and recharges are quick 35-40 mins 9V 1A, balanced 2C charger on board. Not sure whether they are specifically cellphone cells, but they are similar form factor. Mod is a sealed box, charges through the 510 connector.

its the one hiding behind the lighter

IMG_20111005_203106-1.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread