Pico X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goodrat

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2014
Florida
www.rickviola.com
I've been using the original Pico for 6 months and just got the X. The button finish on the original started to wear and turn red (or copper color) and the top and bottom plates got dull at the edges, the display has dim spots in some characters but I still like it.
The new X is very comfortable and the finish should last. My only worry is the battery cap is very thin. The threads are not as nice as the original and should extend longer into the device body.
I think people are going to be looking for spare caps. I only see caps on some site in Greece.
I'm using a Billow 2 tank on it (22mm and tank spreads to 23mm). No space issues.
Nice fire button, bright display. Using wattage mode, Samsung 30Q, typically use 26 watts and it has 1.01 firmware.

• Informative
Reactions: bombastinator

Goodrat

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2014
Florida
www.rickviola.com
I should mention the very end of the threads on the battery cap on the X had about a 1/32 inch break off. It didn't affect the screwing down but I had to smooth it out with fine sand paper.
On the trip to work today with the X, I confirmed the button was better. I think the bottom edge of the box could be more rounded for pinky comfort and the slight increase in width made me wonder if I'd rather use the original Pico. Original Pico dimensions with plastic box and larger fire button like the X and original battery cap would have been perfect.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread