Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Hey guys,

I'm ready to pull the trigger on this recipe I found on Reddit because I have the cake and pineapple. I'm subbing TFA Brown Sugar** for TFA Brown Sugar Extra and CAP French Vanilla v2* for TFA French Vanilla (should be close, right?).

CAP Golden Pineapple - 10%
    FW Yellow Cake - 5%
    CAP French Vanilla v2* - 2%
    TFA Brown Sugar** - 2%

Any suggestions or additions?

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2016
    Niagara Region, ON CANADA
    Hey guys,

I'm ready to pull the trigger on this recipe I found on Reddit because I have the cake and pineapple. I'm subbing TFA Brown Sugar** for TFA Brown Sugar Extra and CAP French Vanilla v2* for TFA French Vanilla (should be close, right?).

CAP Golden Pineapple - 10%
    FW Yellow Cake - 5%
    CAP French Vanilla v2* - 2%
    TFA Brown Sugar** - 2%

Any suggestions or additions?

Let us know how you like it. For me, 10% Cap Golden Pineapple would be way too much. I would start at 5% and see how I like it first. YMMV :D

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Let us know how you like it. For me, 10% Cap Golden Pineapple would be way too much. I would start at 5% and see how I like it first. YMMV :D
    I kind of felt the same way. Though, I heard Golden Pineapple has a tendency to die way down in mixes.

I'm sampling my solos of GP @ 8% and Cake @ 5% in a drip mix and it's seems close.

Last edited:

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2016
    Niagara Region, ON CANADA
    I kind of felt the same way. Though, I heard Golden Pineapple has a tendency to die way down in mixes.

Meh, I dunno about that. It will mellow out after a couple of weeks but the taste is still there. I used to go as high as 4% to 5% on Golden Pineapple but since my sense of taste has really come back I usually keep it to 2% to 3% these days.

5% FW Yellow Cake is high for me too though. If I was going to try that recipe I would cut all the percentages in half and adjust as necessary after I let it have a good 2 or 3 week steep.

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 14, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    I didn’t see a link for ECF concerning FV and I think it’s against the rules to link from elsewhere so I copied and pasted from Reddit...
    They're pretty similar in taste, but the TFA is more "light" tasting. I find the Capellas to have more of a robust, almost spicy taste.

Last edited:
    Reactions: smacuser

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Yellow cake that high you better keep some coils handy. Dont think I ever used golden PA above 5%. Usually 2-3 in a mix.
    I read that, too. I most exclusively build.

Good advice guys on the GP. I've going through elr and it looks like a 50/50 with the two flavors.

Reactions: NatashaTMT

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Give up on the moschino cherry? 5% GP and 2% WF SC pineapple would make a stable pineapple.
    MC is on my list. I'm looking to nail the cake first.

I saw where the discussion of the second PA would be great. INW PA was also suggested.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    MC is on my list. I'm looking to nail the cake first.

I saw where the discussion of the second PA would be great. INW PA was also suggested.
    INW has more of a juice taste for me. HS PA is good too. HS is a bit sweeter imo.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread