Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Hey guys,

I'm ready to pull the trigger on this recipe I found on Reddit because I have the cake and pineapple. I'm subbing TFA Brown Sugar** for TFA Brown Sugar Extra and CAP French Vanilla v2* for TFA French Vanilla (should be close, right?).

CAP Golden Pineapple - 10%
    FW Yellow Cake - 5%
    CAP French Vanilla v2* - 2%
    TFA Brown Sugar** - 2%

Any suggestions or additions?

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2016
    Niagara Region, ON CANADA
    I kind of felt the same way. Though, I heard Golden Pineapple has a tendency to die way down in mixes.

Meh, I dunno about that. It will mellow out after a couple of weeks but the taste is still there. I used to go as high as 4% to 5% on Golden Pineapple but since my sense of taste has really come back I usually keep it to 2% to 3% these days.

5% FW Yellow Cake is high for me too though. If I was going to try that recipe I would cut all the percentages in half and adjust as necessary after I let it have a good 2 or 3 week steep.

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Let us know how you like it. For me, 10% Cap Golden Pineapple would be way too much. I would start at 5% and see how I like it first. YMMV :D
    I kind of felt the same way. Though, I heard Golden Pineapple has a tendency to die way down in mixes.

I'm sampling my solos of GP @ 8% and Cake @ 5% in a drip mix and it's seems close.

Last edited:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    MC is on my list. I'm looking to nail the cake first.

I saw where the discussion of the second PA would be great. INW PA was also suggested.
    INW has more of a juice taste for me. HS PA is good too. HS is a bit sweeter imo.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2016
    Niagara Region, ON CANADA
    Hey guys,

I'm ready to pull the trigger on this recipe I found on Reddit because I have the cake and pineapple. I'm subbing TFA Brown Sugar** for TFA Brown Sugar Extra and CAP French Vanilla v2* for TFA French Vanilla (should be close, right?).

CAP Golden Pineapple - 10%
    FW Yellow Cake - 5%
    CAP French Vanilla v2* - 2%
    TFA Brown Sugar** - 2%

Any suggestions or additions?

Let us know how you like it. For me, 10% Cap Golden Pineapple would be way too much. I would start at 5% and see how I like it first. YMMV :D

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Give up on the moschino cherry? 5% GP and 2% WF SC pineapple would make a stable pineapple.
    MC is on my list. I'm looking to nail the cake first.

I saw where the discussion of the second PA would be great. INW PA was also suggested.

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 14, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    I didn’t see a link for ECF concerning FV and I think it’s against the rules to link from elsewhere so I copied and pasted from Reddit...
    They're pretty similar in taste, but the TFA is more "light" tasting. I find the Capellas to have more of a robust, almost spicy taste.

Last edited:
    Reactions: smacuser

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Yellow cake that high you better keep some coils handy. Dont think I ever used golden PA above 5%. Usually 2-3 in a mix.
    I read that, too. I most exclusively build.

Good advice guys on the GP. I've going through elr and it looks like a 50/50 with the two flavors.

Reactions: NatashaTMT
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread