Pizza Dave Delivers - An AIO Review - The Airmod60 by Onevape Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

pizzadave80

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2016

INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone and welcome to another review by me, Pizza Dave. Today I will be going over the Airmod 60 by Onevape Tech. This isn’t the first device I have tried from these guys, and they always seem to produce flashy stuff that looks unique and performs decently. This is one of their latest entries into the shiny and functional world, featuring a hefty frame, 6ml capacity pod, and 60w max power output. It has quite a few features to go over, so let’s get right to it eh?

This device was sent to me by Elegomall for review.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 Airmod 60 device
  • 1 6ml pod
  • 1 .2-ohm DM coil
  • 1 .5-ohm DQ coil
  • 1 USB-C charging cable
  • Paperwork

Available in a carbon fiber, green, gold, purple, red, blue, and mamba (Kobe Bryant scheme). Also seeing more colors popping up depending on where I look.

STOCK SHOT
b5HZWV4.jpg

PACKAGING
gAuW99O.jpg

UNBOXED
fRJYlas.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Measurements: 97.6mm x 52.5mm x 12.9mm

Battery: Built-in 1500mAh

Power Range - 5-60W

Capacity - 6mL

Other features: Adjustable power output, adjustable airflow, USB C charging port

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Ooooh shiny! That’s the obvious jump out when opening the box. Mine is a gold color, which is mirror finish. It also has a really gorgeous looking gold pattern on the back. This looks like something James Bond would be using...for about 3 seconds, then it is coated in fingerprints everywhere. At the top, we have a large pod, spanning the entire width. Since the Airmod is 52 x 13mm (roughly speaking) this equates to a whopping 6ml pod. This pod is held in place magnetically. Not super snug, but I never had it just pop out on it’s own. Working our way down you see a switch, or so I thought. This is an airflow adjustment switch. Keep on truckin down from there. Up button, down button, USB-C Port, which I love! Over on the front, you see a fire/power button and a small display. The display is bright and shows battery level, resistance, voltage, and wattage. This screen seems to stay on forever, which is kind of odd. One other note is that there are slots for inserting a lanyard on the opposite side of the airflow/button side. This thing weighs a fair amount, so I don’t know how well that would work? I love the look and feel of the thing right away, just don’t like the fingerprint heavy gloss finish!

OPERATION

Without a manual in the box, I am going to wing it here. It is super basic, so I don’t even think one needs a manual. Sure, there could be some hidden button combos, but here is what we’ve got.

• 5 clicks of the fire button turns the device on and off
  • Holding up and down together locks out the device completely. It won’t fire while locked.
  • To fire the device, you either press the fire button, or inhale.
  • Charging the device is done via USB-C. It takes roughly 1 hour or less when the battery is all the way drained.

That’s about all you need to know. It is easy to use, but features everything one would need on the display. The wattage scrolls in one-watt increments from 5-60 and it does not round robin.

POD / COILS

The pod is one of those most impressive aspects of this device. It holds a whopping 6ml of liquid. This pod is refilled via a small fill plug at the base. It is a decent size, so I had no issues with messy refills. This device uses the same series of coils that they featured in the Golden Ratio AIO I reviewed a while back, but they added some new ones for this release. These push right up in snug to the base and they hang down a bit, making contact with the mod. This device comes with a .2-ohm dual mesh coil and the .5-ohm quad mesh coil. Both basically feature side by side vertically stacked coils within the assembly, creating a lot of surface area for vapor production. Both offered great flavor for their wattage ranges. I used 6mg liquid with the .2-ohm dual mesh, and 12mg with the .5-ohm. I ended up running both coils in the middle range of what they say they run at. I attempted to push them to the max wattage, but both wouldn’t keep up with wicking. When running in the middle range, they provide a warm vape and great flavor. I also was able to get over 25ml of life out of each coil. One oddity with this one is the vapor production. It is definitely not stealthy, but all that vapor means the flavor is solid, so I can’t complain.

PHOTO GALLERY

r9beLD0.jpg

VqELVgF.jpg

M82e4vG.jpg

du1hic8.jpg

H6uUFW2.jpg

HOW IT VAPES / FINAL THOUGHTS

The Airmod 60 is a little oddity when it comes to the compact AIO world. 60w used to seem unheard of not too long ago, but here we are. 6ml also sounded crazy, but this one’s got it. The flavor and vapor production from this thing is really good, and the coil life is also acceptable in my opinion. The device also looks classy, as long as you keep a rag handy for all the fingerprints. There are a few things that I just couldn’t get into on it. For one, the most obvious con is the inhale switch. I had to suck super hard to get it to fire, and it’s just now how I vape. Luckily, this also works with the fire button, and ramps up instantly. The next con is the ratings of the coils. I could only use the .2-ohm at 30w and the .5-ohm at 20w. If I pushed them to their limits, it was a very harsh burnt hit. I somehow didn’t kill the coils doing this test and they still kept kicking. Another con is the battery indication, as it seemed to show me about 50% all the time. I could feel the drop off, but couldn’t see it all that well on the screen. The last con is the fingerprints. The mirror finish looks dirty all the time, but it sure looks great clean. All in all, it isn’t a bad device by any means. I like the styling, the shape, the hefty feel in hand, and the powerful output. Battery life gets me through a full day of work, even though the screen doesn’t let me know, and I didn’t experience much for leaking until the coils were end of life. I don’t love it. I don’t hate it. It just exists, but it is something that has more pros than cons.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OVEN TEST – If this were to accidentally fall into the pizza oven, would I go out and get another? Probably not. One, coils will never be available locally for me. Two, pod systems come and go so much.

PROS

• Smooth airflow
  • Good flavor
  • Plenty of adjustability
  • Looks fancy
  • Fits well in pocket
  • Inhale or button fired
  • USB-C for the win

CONS

• FIngerprint magnet
  • Inhale firing requires strong inhales
  • Battery indication isn’t super accurate
  • Airflow adjust
  • Coil ratings are overrated

Thank you everyone and thank you to Elegomall for sending this my way for review. They have them listed for $39.90 or £31.75 for those of you in the UK.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread