Pizzadave Reviews - The Fusion by Vaptio

Status
Not open for further replies.

pizzadave80

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2016
Hello everyone. Today I will be going over everything you need to know about the Fusion All in One device by Vaptio. Thank you to Jason at Vivakita for supplying me with another great product for review.

ad2c0299855315d63866188c4994ee4c.jpg

First Impressions

I knew this was an all in one device, and most of these are quite small, but this one is incredibly small. Not only is it small, but it has some heft to it. Like most items I have handled by Vaptio/Vivakita, they are built solid and feel like they really care about pumping out a more premium product. The design has some nice styling to it. The Nebula color which I received looks great, and the paint feels to be quality which won’t just chip away easily. Vaptio went all out with the colors on this device as well. It is available in black or silver paint, with many different colored panels to appeal to everyone’s tastes. The manual which comes with the Fusion has everything you need to know to get started, and it is written out clearly which saves a lot of confusion. Nothing worse than a poorly written manual! Next, let’s look at how it functions.

Size comparison to a minikin v2

164e9761856831f33e0d6c09b20aa0f3.jpg

fff9dff12079517c5a3825f16922ed32.jpg

Operating The Device

The fusion is a simple device. 5 clicks on, 5 clicks off (or auto off after 10 minutes). The wattage is selectable with 3 clicks of the fire button. Three LED light up to show what the wattage is – 1 LED = 30W, 2 LEDs = 40W, and 3 LEDs = 50W. The power level is also indicated with these lights. When you release the fire button after inhale, the LED lights turn on – 1 LED = 40%, 2 LEDs = 60%, and 3 LEDs = 100%. I found that once 1 LED is on, there is a very short limit to the amount of vaping left on this battery. It is straight forward, and this is great for a new comer to vaping. This is definitely geared towards a starter device, and the simpler these are, the better.

a042442cdcb2928d69af5ccc84d28a38.jpg

d9a19c403d5aa3460a3d4d8816f5dca7.jpg

Houston, we have a problem….. [emoji852]

Upon my first fill, I encountered coil flooding issues, but I did find a bit of a solution. My first attempt was with the .8 ohm coil. I filled the tank with some 70vg 30pg liquid to the max line, and then let it sit for 15 minutes. I got one good inhale out of it, but after that it was flooded. I attempted to dry the coil, and reduce how much liquid was in the tank, but I still had the same issues. I tossed that coil and installed the .25 ohm coil. I filled the exact same way, and let it sit for 15 minutes. This one had minor flooding, so I changed over to 80vg 20pg juice to test if it was a viscosity issue. I never experienced flooding with the slightly thicker juice. I am going to chalk this up to some minor inconsistencies with coil production, and maybe a need to use thicker liquid. I will give them a pass on this one as I am one of the only reviewers to experience this.

So Pizza, how does it vape?

The short answer to this is – GREAT. I vaped this device at 50W and found the amount of vapor and flavor to be very satisfying. The capacity of the tank lasted me through a work day, and the battery lasted slightly beyond one full tank of liquid. Coil life also seems to be good on it. I have run about 20 mLs of juice through the .25 ohm coil and flavor and vapor is the same as when new. This device is a direct lung inhale device. Even with the air flow closed way down, it is nothing less than a slightly restricted lung hit which may not be great for a beginner coming from cigarettes. However, it makes it a very usable device for the intermediate user that wants something highly portable yet satisfying.

0b95137ccb9cc18346d1a3ce4eb18e42.jpg

Conclusion
I really like what Vaptio has done with this device. They always build stuff that feels of quality, and it all functions great. It is by far the best looking all in one device on the market in my opinion, and looks go a long way with me. I feel it may have a bit too much air flow to be a beginner’s device, so you must keep that in mind when thinking about your vaping needs and preferences. My only real complaint is with the coils. I had some flooding problems, which are very frustrating, but beyond that I can’t get coils locally. There is nothing I hate worse than having to order coils. When I want coils, I want coils, and I like to just go get them rather than wait for the mail. However, if Vaptio takes off and starts to get stocked locally then I would be in luck!

Thank you all for reading! If this device peaked your interest, head on over to Vaptio.com where it can be purchased for $43.

Vaptio - Buy Best Vapor Cigarette, Vape Starter Kit, E-Cigarettes Tanks Online

Pizzadave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

a74bfa61e57c01af6ff35c4ef0af46c2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Stoneface

pizzadave80

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2016
looks just like a mi one with the spitting cubis coils.
I never had my hands on a mi one... but I had a cubis... it's a much better vaping experience than the cubis. My cubis constantly flooded and spit. This was resolved by thicker e liquid and making sure I only filled to just below the max line. The fusion is a great little device that is recommend to any new vaper.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm trying to review mine and still on the MTL coil. It's a fairly difficult vape, I also experienced a lot of spitting and whatnot with the 0.8 coil. I use high VG e-liquid. I haven't yet attempted the 0.25 coil, but I do have a hunch this device might shine more with a sub0hm and higher wattage setup, I just want to give it some real time before I review it. When I started out with it, I was going to name mine, "The Unvapable." Been playing around with different drip tips but even with 30 watts and the 0.8 coil, the vape is HOT and spits, regardless of my many attempts. The 0.8 coil either needs higher wattage (which I will try) but it's a very warm vape regardless. I agree regarding its size and portability and I WANT to love it but I'm not there yet....

Anna

pizzadave80

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2016
I'm trying to review mine and still on the MTL coil. It's a fairly difficult vape, I also experienced a lot of spitting and whatnot with the 0.8 coil. I use high VG e-liquid. I haven't yet attempted the 0.25 coil, but I do have a hunch this device might shine more with a sub0hm and higher wattage setup, I just want to give it some real time before I review it. When I started out with it, I was going to name mine, "The Unvapable." Been playing around with different drip tips but even with 30 watts and the 0.8 coil, the vape is HOT and spits, regardless of my many attempts. The 0.8 coil either needs higher wattage (which I will try) but it's a very warm vape regardless. I agree regarding its size and portability and I WANT to love it but I'm not there yet....

Anna
My .8 ohm coil was hardly vapeable. It flooded a lot and so I abandoned it and went with the .25 ohm. I run it at 50w and it's excellent. Taste is great...vapor is good...flavor was excellent.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Mine is settling down. I really wanted/want to give it some time and see if I can get it working in all modes, not just sub0hm mode. Thank you, though. It's been improving as I switch drip tips and deal with it in rotation like I would any other mod. I want it to work, and it is beginning to, it's way too easy to "abandon" a mode for a different coil and then say one works better. I'd like to be fair to the device, and to my review, y'know?

Anna

pizzadave80

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2016
I hear you. It's nice to be thorough. I ran it hard. I normally use my own devices for a day or so and trade off to something else and then go back, but when I hit a review I use it as my primary device for a week or so. I like to out it through its paces and make sure I can really get a feel for it before I post a review. Nothing I have worse is seeing reviews where the reviewer opens it out of box....vapes it...and gives their opinion...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread