planning to do 100% VG DIY

Status
Not open for further replies.

d0n

Sep 10, 2011
Los Angeles
Can someone help please?
I am planning to DIY. Since PG irritates me, I'm looking into as much VG as I can.

I suppose that there are no VG flavorings, and if there are , then they won't carry too much flavor, so I guess I should stick with PG flavorings and get VG nicotine and VG.

Any suggestions on where to buy the best flavorings and vg nicotine?

As for VG, I'll just go to Walmart.

And where would it be a good idea to get some basic hardware?

I am also planning to get familiarized with e-juice me up.

Thanks

dotma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
Spokane, WA
You can get flavorings without PG -- Lorann Naturals -- http://www.ecigexpress.com/flavoring-lorann-naturals-c-16_37

Also I got a cinnamon red hot flavor somewhere that i cannot remember right now that has no PG in it. There is definitely a smaller variety when you go with VG flavors tho! You can also get VG nicotine at ecigexpress.

If you want to go with vendors for VG juice, AVE has a wonderful PG free line and Virgin Vapors also!

Kevin littell

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Covington Ga
I had big problems with 100% VG in clearomizers.....It wouldnt wick and the folks using tanks are having problems......

I started out thinning with 10% Vodka....It worked but it put a nasty taste in the liquid! (I hate vodka!)

So I sub'd 12% 101 proof bourbon. Made my Cuban blend taste RIGHTIOUS!

So, depending on your PV you might want to try a 20-30% pg blend....Which opens up alot of flavors!

My cartomizers also hated the VG and really/truley the only equipment I have that liked the VG was my Ego with the type A attie and the cartridges but the flavors are WAY off in them.

Try a blend and use the PG flavors as the blend portion!

jammydodger

Nov 9, 2011
Dallas
VG is very thick -- worth using if a person has persistent irritation from even small amounts of PG.

But I just wanted to note that any vaping, regardless of composition, gives me a sore throat if I don't drink 70+ oz. (about 3/4 gallon) of water a day. I think VG hides it a little better because I have a greasy (VG is used in skin moisturizer, after all) sore throat rather than a dry one, but the body still needs to be hydrated to properly flush out any carrier for nicotine/flavor.

If you weren't drinking water constantly at the time your sore throat occurred, you might try a VG/PG blend with a deliberate H20 sipping regimen before totally ruling out PG, which has been used to carry active ingredients in medical inhalers for 50+ years. Some people truly can't tolerate PG and happily work around hardware issues caused by the thick, oily quality of VG, but you might not have to be one of them.

wizard10000

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
midwestern us
I work in VG as my body doesn't like (much) PG either.

I don't work too hard at getting 100% VG as the PG in flavorings doesn't bother me and I really don't have to drink two or three quarts of water a day if I'm vaping VG. My DIY coffee is almost 90% VG (there's some caramel, Bavarian cream and cotton candy in there that are PG-based). I've got a buncha leftover Dekang DK-TAB in VG that has no PG in it at all - it's a nice vape but if you want quantity you've gotta get it from China, and I do a butterscotch that's about 80% VG after flavoring.

I didn't like mixing PGA in my VG either - distilled water works just fine for me.

Rimau

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2011
I have no idea where I'm at
I am currently making anything from 90/10 VG/PG and 95/5 VG/PG. The VG percentage include either 5-10%DW. I use DW for the cut and use around 2-5% flavor. Kurt suggested a base of 22% "My formula for VG juices is %flavor + %water = 22%, so if it is 10% flavor I use 12% water."

I will have to try that, but so far the 85/15 and 90/10 have been working sell in my ego tank and CE2XLrev5 without any wicking problems. Hope that helps.

Saludos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread