Plastic bottles (LDPE?) + syringe tip that don't have flavor residue

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrandonSi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2009
Chicago
I've been racking my brain, trying to find a good way to stay all glass bottles, but I can't for the life of me figure out an easy way to refill a kayfun or similar device with a glass bottle.. a dripper is just too big. I've pretty much concluded I need a syringe tip plastic bottle to make life easy. I can store 60ml+ in glass and then transfer to 30ml syringe tip plastic.

The only issue is, every plastic bottle I've had seems to hang on to some flavor aroma, unlike glass. Even with a run in the dishwasher (no soap) they still have a bit of smell, and I don't want to cross-contaminate juices. Is this just plastic in general? Are there any good options out there plastic-wise that won't keep the smell of the previous juice?

I've heard LDPE plastic bottles are the way to go for most juices, is this still accurate info?

And finally, assuming LDPE 30ml +syringe tip is the way to go, any good sources? I've seen a few online shops run prices anywhere from $0.50 - $1.00/ea. I'd rather buy 10-12+ and get a good price, but don't really trust fasttech, etc.. to actually get me the quality bottles.

Any input is greatly appreciated!!! :)

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina

BrandonSi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2009
Chicago
Thanks for the ideas, all! Glad to hear LDPE is the way to go.

I'm having the same problem. I prefer to use glass, but the glass droppers don't fit. So far I've been using a 3ml syringe with a blunt tip to fill my Kayfun lite.

That's an idea.. I thought about it, but had the same problem with plastic syringes holding the smell/flavor.. I didn't think about a glass syringe though.. that might work.

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
Or as a different approach, you could find a way to get residual taste out of the plastic bottles you already have and like. An overnight soak in isopropyl alcohol, some shaking, a thorough rinse in hot water, and air dry works for me. Others use grain alcohol or vodka. It might work for you, too, depending on the flavors you're using.

shynsly

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2013
Chicago
No the dropper doesnt fit into the hole, but all i do is hold the bottom of the dropper against the fill hole and just squeeze it in. If your arent careful you might lose a drop or two, but I mix my own so not a problem as far as a ltttle waste.

My dropper are glass, and the bottles are 1 oz. amber boston round.

But since you had asked about that, I just checked that the 4 mil bottles from Perfumers apprentice have small droppers that fit into the hole.
You can order some of those for small amounts.

Hope this helps!
good Luck! :toast:

The dropper fits in the re-fill hole OK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread