Plastic for your NIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
But what about the next seven years, wouldnt HDLP #2 plastic be fine. The stuff its shipped in.

PET (#1) - "Currently, there are no known health issues or concerns associated with this plastic and it is commonly recycled into new bottles or polyester fabric."

The above is in regards to newer PET plastics. In the past there were concerns with its use. It's still recommended for one-time use only!

HDPE (#2) - "HDPE products are safe and are not known to transmit any chemicals into foods or drinks, making this plastic a low health risk variety."

LDPE (#4) - "Low-density polyethelene is a generally safe plastic variety that has no known health risks associated with use."

PP (#5) - "Polypropelene containers do not leach harmful chemicals into foods or liquids and are not associated with any known health issues."

The info. above was taken from this website:

Are Your Plastic Water Bottles and Meal Prep Containers Safe to Use? | Livestrong.com

This suggestion is also on the website though:
"Opt for glass containers when you can."

Personally, I prefer to use only LDPE, HDPE, and PP for my eliquids, flavorings, and anything else I plan to keep in a plastic container for awhile.

There is another website I had bookmarked for years, that told which plastic types are and are not totally impervious to air (which is important regarding nic base). IIRC, PET is, but LDPE and HDPE aren't totally. IIRC, PP isn't either. I'm going to see if I can find that website, too.

Here's another informative website. It's not the 1 I was looking for, but it has helpful info., too:

Types of Plastic - A Complete Plastic Numbers Guide

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread