Nic Storage

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could leave the bottle out on the counter until it warms up to room temperature to prevent the liquid from absorbing the ambient water. If it were me, I wouldn't want to risk my large bottle of nic getting dilluted down with absorbed water. That would make it very hard to know the exact mg of the nicotine in your final mixes. Thats just my opinion though. Thanks for the reply.
I get mine in amber bottles, and store them in the fridge. The bottles are clearly marked as "Not something to drink" and we don't have little ones running about here.

I make/sell juice locally, so I have the "mother bottle" in the fridge all the time, and the "shuttle bottle" gets refilled as needed and goes out with me and then goes back in the fridge after. I suppose I run a risk of condensation in the bottle, but I haven't see a problem yet.

JasonInTN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2011
Cookeville, TN
What happened?

I store w/ minimal air cap at 5F.
Inside zip lock baggies, inside igloo cooler inside freezer.
Some was in whitie plastic 30ml bottles that lasted over a year w/ no problems.
Some is in very clear plastic 250ml bottles that's still ok.
Some is in Glass bottle that I haven't got to yet.

Sorry to drag up this old thread but it applies to my situation. I purchased 120ml of 60mg nic in PG from RTS Vapes last week. I'm really happy with it. Without doing much research I filled three 30ml plastic dropper bottles to the very top and put them in the freezer thinking I would be OK for a while. Well after doing some reading tonight I find that plastic leaching may be an issue. Should I buy some glass bottles and transfer it or leave it alone? If I could get 9-12 months as is I'd be satisfied. Does leaching occur in weeks, months or years? Any opinions or personal experience appreciated. Thanks!

DZ

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2011
Littleton, CO
Sorry to drag up this old thread but it applies to my situation. I purchased 120ml of 60mg nic in PG from RTS Vapes last week. I'm really happy with it. Without doing much research I filled three 30ml plastic dropper bottles to the very top and put them in the freezer thinking I would be OK for a while. Well after doing some reading tonight I find that plastic leaching may be an issue. Should I buy some glass bottles and transfer it or leave it alone? If I could get 9-12 months as is I'd be satisfied. Does leaching occur in weeks, months or years? Any opinions or personal experience appreciated. Thanks!

Good question I am in the same boat so I will watch closely to the reply.

Sorry, but I don't have a definite answer for you. Hopefully somebody more knowledgeable of this issue will chime in. I've heard that PG leeches plastic more than VG. If I were you, I'd just get some glass bottles to be on the safe side. It won't cost too much, and they'll last indefinitely as long as you don't break them. I've been using 4 oz canning jars (Walmart) to store the nic in the freezer, and I have a glass bottle with a glass dropper (Onestopdiyshop) that I keep full of nic for when I do my mixing. When that gets low, I just grab a jar from the freezer and fill it back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread