Status
Not open for further replies.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Hello and good morning everyone!
So we need to place an order ASAP and instead of searching everywhere looking for feedback, I need a more centralized location to go off of. An order NEEDS to be place within the next 2 days and We are wondering if we should go forward with the new S seires, revert back to the V2 3mm Punch or try to squeeze for both. The latter may be extremely difficult hence the thread :laugh:

If you received your Platinum S and used them already please let us know how's it going!

BernieVideo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NoHo El Lay CA
I ordered some last week.
I expect them to arrive today. I won't be able to fiddle with them until tonight. I won't be able to report on longevity, just the initial vape.

I am a big fan of your punched V2 platinums.
Are you thinking of the S series as a replacement for the V2s?

My advice, purely for selfish reasons, is to order both, until we can all provide more feedback on the S series.

Tapatalking on iPhone.
Join the CASAA.
Protect your vaping Rights!

jawal

Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
I received my order (Plat S SR/ regular & Mega) last Saturday and immediately filled & tested them out, taste & vaper are both as good as the previous punched version, but there are a couple of issues I'm encountering with this design.
1. The slot sometimes does not position well on mods like Provari which has power button on the side.
2. Refilling the tank is quite a challenge, the juice floods the carto through the slot simultaneously & gushes out the center hole when adding force to position the carto back to the tank. In my case, I couldn't manage to have the tank filled (80%) without losing a bit of juice.
I hope Isaac will consider to have the punched holes series back in store, or I may have to order new tanks with fill port. Nonetheless, IKV is my only goto store for cartos. Thank you Isaac and Valerie for the great products and services!

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Do as you may with the platinums but leave my Fusions alone. LOL
o2a_zpsa9f2f03c.png
laughing-at-someone-smiley-emoticon.gif

Last edited:

Tjloa

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
Las Vegas by way of NYC
2. Refilling the tank is quite a challenge, the juice floods the carto through the slot simultaneously & gushes out the center hole when adding force to position the carto back to the tank. In my case, I couldn't manage to have the tank filled (80%) without losing a bit of juice.

I have to add I haven't tried the new ones but really really like the last version. And as a tank user the last version works extremely well. My concern with the slotted ones was posted above and really don't want to have to deal with any added issues to work around.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
go forward with the new S seires, revert back to the V2 3mm Punch or try to squeeze for both.
The latter may be extremely difficult hence the thread
Have slotted on order, but... 2X3mm Platinum Punch would be "extremely difficult"? How so Isaac? Have manufacturing changes dictated the move to slots, or is it a cost issue?

New2vaps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
USA
Isaac, I have to also say I liked the V2 3mm Punch better than the Slots.

I had one fail me 1 day into it vaping and another one that was DOA right from the start. That of course has nothing to do with the slot factor, you get a few bad ones once in a while. To be expected.

Also, as jawal stated, the slot is a hit or miss when getting positioned with the firing button.

I never had a problem with the 3mm punched holes. If you can go back to those or get those back in stock some how that would be great. Those were the best cartos and most reliable cartos I have ever used.

Thanks Isaac

BernieVideo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NoHo El Lay CA
Isaac, I have to also say I liked the V2 3mm Punch better than the Slots.

I had one fail me 1 day into it vaping and another one that was DOA right from the start. That of course has nothing to do with the slot factor, you get a few bad ones once in a while. To be expected.

Also, as jawal stated, the slot is a hit or miss when getting positioned with the firing button.

I never had a problem with the 3mm punched holes. If you can go back to those or get those back in stock some how that would be great. Those were the best cartos and most reliable cartos I have ever used.

Thanks Isaac

I'm confused. How does the position of the slot on the carto have anything to do with the firing button? Are you using these cartos out of a tank?

Scratching head.

Tapatalking on iPhone.
Join the CASAA.
Protect your Vaping Rights!

mb300sd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
ohio
I got my slots today and I love them!!!!!!! I am ordering more if there are any left. Hit like a freight train and flavor is great. My juices are all thick so they are perfect for me. I like them better thsn the punched v2s. I only fill them with half cc of juice, slide them into the tank, then fill the tank with juice and let the slot do the heavy lifting. I never take the top of my tanks, I just slide the cartos in and out.

New2vaps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
USA
I'm confused. How does the position of the slot on the carto have anything to do with the firing button? Are you using these cartos out of a tank?

Scratching head.

I am using the carto in a carto tank. The position of the slot has nothing to with the firing button. The carto and the mod will work fine. However, when the slot is facing the opposite side of the firing button, as you pull your mod in an angle to vape, juice will not be saturating or feeding through the slot once you your tank is about half empty.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
A bit of science... and a follow-up to 5cardstud's last post.

Under normal circumstances, there's positive (atmospheric) pressure in the carto, negative (vacuum) pressure in the tank... which is why carto tanks don't leak like sieves. And also why when you refill a carto tank and introduce positive pressure back into it, they gurgle a bit until a vacuum is recreated.

Take a draw and you create a sufficient vacuum in the carto, greater than that in the tank... and as 5CS indicates, juice is drawn into the wicking.

Have a damaged o-ring? No vacuum in the tank... and the carto becomes over-saturated. Gurgle city... and leaking.

BernieVideo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NoHo El Lay CA
OK, Initial report on the SR Mega S series.

I primed and loaded them into 2 tanks.

One with my ADV Nombomz, works great, but no different than my experience with the Punched V2 Platinums.
The other I loaded up with Halo Belgian Chocolate. WOW! OMG! This is the best I have ever tasted this juice! By far! And I am getting a lot of vapor, and I am only running it at 6.2 Watts! I usually vape around 8 Watts. I don't feel the need to turn up the power at all. BTW, my Provari is reading the Ohms at 2.9. ( I am running the Nombomz at closer to 7.2 Watts)

So, my initial opinion is that these are as good as, or better than the V2 Punched, but this is before comparing how long they last before clogging, or not tasting as good.

I am curious as to how they will hold up to both these juices.
The Nombomz is very sticky sweet, in the Punched V2s, I would experience discoloration of the liquid after a few days, and the feeling that the coil had become gummed up.
The Halo is well, a Halo juice. Dark. It usually becomes muted fairly quickly, but I don't think I have used it with the V2s. Usually vaped it in a PT2.

I hope this report helps you made a decision.

Last edited:

New2vaps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
USA
Isaac

Second thoughts man, I can go either way. Slot or punched. They are both quality cartos in my opinion.

I basically had it all wrong. I thought direct contact with the slot and ejuice had to be made when tilting the mod to vape for the carto to be saturated. Didn't realize that once I was done vaping the vacuum effect took place and ejuice will still saturate the carto.

Thanks 5cardstud for your explanation as well as Flux.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Very Well said State of Flux.
Thanks 5card. You can call me flux, or state - or hey dillweed... they all work. :)

I was actually working on a brief (well, brief for me) article to be posted in the general discussion about differential pressure and how it applies to practically every type of tank atty we use.
A sort of "how it works" overview for new vapists... so I already had the material handy, just had to edit it down to a quick, short story. ;-)

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I was anxious to try these with my carto clogging jooses. I tanked 2 slotted SR plat when I got my order Saturday. Filled with my cloggers and they are both still vaping great with no signs of clogging. I had actually stopped vaping these 2 flavors cause they would clog my cartos in 2 days max.

My 801's remain top dog but these slotted plats are great for carto cloggers.

BernieVideo

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 7, 2013
    NoHo El Lay CA
    Update on how the S series did with the Halo Belgian Chocolate , not that well. The carto clogged to unusable in just 2 evenings of heavy Vaping. Maybe 8 hours total.

The tank with Nombomz is doing better than that, but it is starting to pull harder now.

So my initial excitement for the S series is now much cooler. I think I prefer the punched V2 better.

Tapatalking on iPhone.
    Join the CASAA.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 1, 2010
    Wash
    Update on how the S series did with the Halo Belgian Chocolate , not that well. The carto clogged to unusable in just 2 evenings of heavy Vaping. Maybe 8 hours total.

The tank with Nombomz is doing better than that, but it is starting to pull harder now.

So my initial excitement for the S series is now much cooler. I think I prefer the punched V2 better.

Tapatalking on iPhone.
    Join the CASAA.

The platinums are wound tighter than Fusions so if he gets slotted Fusions you might find them better.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread