Status
Not open for further replies.

P0P

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
C'Ville Virginia
momandpopvaporshop.com
Starting Today I would like to try a new game that will be once a week for a giveaway, what I would like to do is simply allow the marke,t whether it be a commodity (oil. Cocoa, lumber ) or a metal like silver or gold prices, dictate the winner. The person that is closest to the closing price on Friday will win the prize at the closing bell. All entries must be posted by Thursday at midnight PST, NOT FRIDAY. Example; lets say gold closes on Friday at $1300 and you posted $1299 you would win. You can’t go over the closing price and only one contestant can win so the sooner you post the better, as the first person with the winning number will be picked for the prize. One entry per person please so we can keep it fair. I will post the stock on Monday and we're off. Simply pick a number and I will do the rest.

Closest to the closing price of GOLD this week (2/2/15-2/5/15, closing day 2/6/15) will win an OG mod, Stainless with a certificate of authenticity. Do not edit your post for any reason - any edited posts will be disqualified for obvious reasons, lol.:rickroll:

Lets have fun!!!!

P0P

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
C'Ville Virginia
momandpopvaporshop.com
Hi everyone
wow! no winner this week HMM!
I will make a couple of changes next week to better the odds hahaha ;)
Also just want to say have a safe and fun holiday weekend and rest up for the crazy week ahead. I have some fun prizes coming up in the near future with some bonus plays also. Thank you all for being good sports and playing the market i love this and i hope you'll continue to have fun :w00t: :) :thumb:

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA

P0P

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
C'Ville Virginia
momandpopvaporshop.com
  1. NEW RULES! as of 4/27/15
2. Bidding end's on WEDNESDAY! at midnight EST
3. No source will be displayed until the end of Trading on Friday! (or after) but before opening on Mon
4. The source posted by ME is all that matters nothing else!
5. The source could include spot price or not!

6. Both over and under bids are allowed!! all that matters is who is closest to the closing price!! at the time of my post (Source) which will be linked for viewing to determine the winner at this time (before midnight Sun) the winner needs to re-post their un-edited bid to be congratulated buy fellow member's if they wish to do so.
good luck to all you wonderful members and lets give this a try ;) snipers are welcome!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This week we go with a Commodity called COCOA!

bidding ends 4/29/15 at midnight EST

place to watch market price live is CCN5 Future Quote - Cocoa (ICE US) Jul 2015 Future Price Today (CCN5:NYE) - MarketWatch this may or may not be the source! i use that will be determined later!

PRIZE is a $ 50.00 coupon code redeemable at our store with a one time use and it is not limited to and one product! (you will have to pay for shipping!)

Good luck to all the vapors playing the market at M&P ! ;)

Last edited:

P0P

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
C'Ville Virginia
momandpopvaporshop.com
OMG! guys i am so so sorry my god i would not wish that on anyone please forgive me i was really sick. I still have a doctors appointment Friday. Lets get back on track this weekend and have more fun. I honestly feel terrible not posting i just didn't have it in me. I will get back on when i can i am feeling better now slowly.
Thank you all for understanding

P0P

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
C'Ville Virginia
momandpopvaporshop.com
Hi everyone :)
Time to get the train back on the tracks and have some more fun, the MARKET at M&P will go on this week. I look forward to it and i am feeling so much better. I will pick up the peaces if you will as we move on but for now let me just say its time to play the MARKET AGAIN!! its on this week members.I will post tomorrow to get this started and go through the thread and do my best to take care of what needs to be, one thing i have learned is it feels better to be on the given side and i thank you all more then, then EVER! for being such a great group of members (people) the need for another tread may be in order simply to touch base on the subject and please keep i mind i am not the most articulate, but i reckon ya will get the just of what i am trying to say, but for now i would like to be comfortable with playing the market again and thank everyone for there concern and kind words it really means a lot to me words words well see i have none :) God bless! and good night we see ya'll tomorrow with some crazy market stuff this week :w00t::thumb:

Reddhott

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2011
cartoon land,usa
sad to see a game that was sooo fun to play come to this becoz people want to whine that things arent fair!!! sorry!! u have the choice Not to play!!! wooow just wooow! and that the prizes were free becoz of the great generosity of the vendor, he could have just shut the whole thing down but didnt. seems people get greedy and just cant have fun sorry to say sad really.
but THANK YOU POP for continuing the game after all the crapola that went on ...and now peeps want a buffer zone now sheeeesh......
whats it gonna be next??? srry for the rant but i liked it the way it was win or lose.

P0P

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
C'Ville Virginia
momandpopvaporshop.com
No such thing as a buffer zone IMO when dealing with numbers!:)

Example everyone has to be ten points apart! ok cool so we just bid 11 points LOL it still ends up back at one point whether its 9 or 11 meaning a lower or higher guess. Lets look at it this way if i transfer 20 bucks into my checking from my savings I am not 20 dollars richer. I simply changed the numbers from one account to another with no advantage.Honestly what we want is to win buy a penny and frankly i want alllll of yeah to be over if a stock crashes so i can roll it over and not pay out sometimes :laugh:. I am going to be very honest I love this place and Tami and i are very grateful to be members of the vaping community( and have worked hard) and be vendors on ECF. I am me, i am not a salesman our juice sells it self and yes we have awesome juice!! :) I'm a simple man living in a seemingly more complex world
/sarc we are all vapors that have accomplished the most selfish act known to mankind!!! we have proven how much we love our selves by not SMOKING! pretty simple stuff and we are all enjoying it.:) I think we should all be proud ,we have won!!, one of the biggest challenge's we have faced on our own level of self destruction which has become past tense (I will never smoke again ever) and i vape zero nic now :offtopic: OOPS!! good luck everyone this week :thumbs:
and lets see what i can think of for stable fun rules so we can move on :ohmy::laugh: cheers :party:

Last edited:

DEAc23

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2014
Washington
Thanks for the congrats everyone :)

Even though I just won I still want to play this week, so my guess is $2,323.23 :lol:

Hey everyone, I apologize for not checking in sooner after I won, but things have been pretty hectic this past month. Unfortunately my grandfather passed away, and my mom flew up from California for the memorial, so I just haven't had much time to get on ECF the past couple weeks.

I also ended up having to return the original mod that I won (the DNA30 tube mod clone), as there was an issue with it. However P0P was awesome enough to have it replaced with a new device, and I received it about a week ago (it was my fault that it took so long), and I couldn't be happier with it :D

Here it is:

0515152042a_zpsyfxdidmx.jpg
0515152043_zpsa4hjhgfy.jpg

If you can't tell it is the iPV Mini 30 watt device :vapor:

Thanks again P0P! :thumbs:

P0P

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
C'Ville Virginia
momandpopvaporshop.com
Hi everyone!

Before i get going members need to understand and i ask you too. I have been on the road for 3 months sometime's with know internet and often time's very spotty net service and cell service just a fact with that said things should improve now that I'm out of the jungle.:cry::) I must and will honer as i should the member closet to Fridays close and I congratulate Greanleaf

Crude Oil 57.15 -0.59

I have also posted UM! last week (I believe) that i may make some changes so please allow me to think a little and try my best to make things more difficult and confusing to win (hehee) also from this point on i will only be issuing coupon codes it is much easier for my team ( I love them ) to process that as its in the system the same as a order and not a Email from me and that will make things much smoother for everyone involved (I like that)

So lets look forward to some mild changes in this weeks fun!

Last week was completely insane with Crude looking at the chart WOWZA! This week promises to be worse with the commodity i have in mind which along with the changes will be in my post by opening on Mon morning and Wednesdays deadline for posting ( hint) lol

Thank you all for being good sports!
lets keep the ball rolling and have more fun! :toast: :pop:

P0P

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
C'Ville Virginia
momandpopvaporshop.com
The market closed at $1,169.70 according to Fox Business News. Markets | Commodities | Fox Business It appears my post of $1,162.00 was the closest without going over. (post 1153) I would like to donate ALL the winnings to the Krystal Clark-Irwin fund found in your business website Krystal Clark-Irwin - Mom and Pop Vapor Shop . Thanks for a fun and interesting contest!

Greg
WOW! this is so nice wonderful kindness. I must tell you all i was with Krystal her husband. mom Shauna, Jimmy and the baby last weekend kinda why i was so late posting. She looks amazing. Krystal has 4 more doses of chemo and then they will operate to remove this tumor witch is now very small in size, she then has to have both breast removed. I will tell you this is one amazing, strong young lady all she does is carry on smiling with a positive attitude, we all worked together so her and Devon could have some time alone on the Island. Tami (scuba) ran her donations with the system and we have raised just on the web site $1500.00 and change and M&P donated $1000.00 to help also.Texas Roadhouse Grill (her place of employment) also has been truly amazing raising over $10,000 for her. "Sir2fyablyNutz I have no shame in admitting you almost just brought good tears to my eyes WOW! I am so, so speechless Thank you ,Thank you ,Thank you , The entire family will be here for fourth of July as long as Krystal is able. I will post some pics of this amazing person we love her so much ok sorry but i have to end this post

Thank you so, so much Greg :ohmy::)

P0P

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
C'Ville Virginia
momandpopvaporshop.com
WOW Fantastic!:thumb:
I was hoping we didn't have the 3;30 dippy thingy at close, at a glance i figured one winner with out the market craziness hahaaha 3 winners (sweet) good job guys. I will get ya's hooked up before Monday so you can go shopping:w00t: I say we do another triple dippy, sergie, crazy guessy thingy next week also, maybe luck comes in three :laugh:
drum.gif
:party:

MoonLit_Water

We All Shine On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Stuart, Florida
Just a heads up to members that might be lurking dont be afraid to give this game a try, we welcome all members to our forum and would enjoy the company just have fun oh and guess to win hahahaha!

Cheers!:thumb:
I am surprised at the low turn out for this contest, especially given the generous prize(s) offered. I'm guessing it may be due to people not understanding/following the markets. I for one have pretty much no clue to how all that works other than they go up & down. I do not invest in them either. But I have recently began participating. I just look at where the markets are now, see what they have done recently, and come up with my own hair brained ideas of what may happen to them. I'm assuming thats how they work in general :D.

P0P

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
C'Ville Virginia
momandpopvaporshop.com
Hi members

Thank you Sir2fyablyNutz for helping out i really appreciate that i just want you to know

Ok i think everyone has been taken care of that has won so a credit should show up when you go shopping this includes my buddy Greenleaf from a few weeks ago before i fell sick sorry about that Green high five bud
hi5.gif
if anyone has any problems please pm me. Oh one more thing i will be posting tomorrow in regards to this weeks contest if you will and also about the REO that will be up for grabs. :)

P0P

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
C'Ville Virginia
momandpopvaporshop.com
Ok folks lets try something a little different this week :)

PRIZE! $50.00 credit towards order
must guess within 15 points on Friday's close READY! on the
Dow Jones Industrial Average! no going over
no edited entry's

First person to post winning number wins
bids end on Wednesday at midnight (EST)
if by any chance no winner we advance to the next week with a possible increase in the prize amount :pop:
Both source and place to watch here: DJIA Index Chart – INDU Stock Quotes – INDEX: DJI - Dow Jones Industrial Average - Marketwatch

Good luck and have fun :)
Oh! also watch for a possible bonus play at any time :thumb::pop:

P0P

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
C'Ville Virginia
momandpopvaporshop.com
Thanks P0P and the other players. I want to donate ALL of this win to the Krystal Clark-Irwin Fund.

WOW! Sir2fyablyNutz

I need to go tell my wife about this, ya done floored me!. I just want to thank you from the bottom of my hart with this wonderful act of kindness. Im not done with this post (wow) this feels realty really really nice OMG!!

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Hi members
This weeks closing numbers using Market Watch as a source are

Game #! Dow 16,433.09

Game # 2 Nasdaq 4,822.34

Gold = 1,107.90

Please Quote you're winning post if you are within the point spread
Thank you and good luck. I have tree prizes burning a whole in mah pocket :w00t::thumb:;)

Thanks Pop for allowing us to play! This is fun.. even if I was way wrong.

I did expect a rebound last Friday with the employment report that came out, (especially considering August is the month of notorious lies) but apparently it didn't make anything rebound. lol..

So, lets try again.

#1 Dow - Guessing Friday's close will be 16, 426.34
#2 Nasdaq - Guessing Friday's close will be 4,354.76

lol... now lets see how this one pans out!

Here you are POP ... and I just want to thank you so much for your generosity in these contests. It's so awesome of you, seriously.

I also made an account at your store also as you have previously requested, and I will message you if you don't mind with my name and address so you know which account is mine.

To everyone who offered than congratulations; THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!

To the other two winners; Congratulations to you! WOOHOO! :) some great prizes!

To the lurkers, all I did was guess! :) So what if we are wrong, its so fun to try! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread