Please advise: Mint + What ? (Share recipes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

viachy

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2009
Sofia, Bulgaria
Hello guys,

I have left the Loranns flavors on a side for a long time since I enjoyed mixing 18mg RY4+Menthol+PG+VG down to 12mg and that`s what I`ve been vaping recently....

Anyway, I would like to experiment the following:

RY4 + Menthol + PG + VG + Flavoring ? = XXX

or

Flavorless + Menthol + PG + VG + Flavoring ? = YYY

Please advise (share recipes that include menthol liquid) :cool:

CZEdwards

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2009
Republic of Boulder
Unfortunately I got nothing vanilla like :(

Do you have a good vanilla extract in the kitchen? (I do mean good, not store brand. I'm a fan of Penzey's double-strength, but there are other good ones.) And do you mix your own from unflavored? Vanilla extract works great with the hacomatic formula.

Babachoo

Moved On
Apr 17, 2009
Chocolate mint is a decent combo of flavors though I've never tried it in a vaporizer. I also noticed that Cash from puresmoker likes to vape mint with a touch of peach, which I was thinking about trying some time. You might give it a go, or if you don't like peach, maybe try another non-citrus type of fruit or berry.

EDIT: I looked up a way for you to extract some vanilla if you're interested. Looks like it takes a while though. :D

http://www.kitchenproject.com/vanilla/4FoldVanillaExtract.htm

CZEdwards

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2009
Republic of Boulder
All I got is vanilla beans, but I`ve been afraid to soak them in liquid ... I think the beans are going to absorb it... not sure though...

Please keep sharing :D

Take one bean. Cut to fit (both horizontally and vertically) in small bottle that will also hold 1/3 cup (80 ml) of fluid. Add that amount of good brandy, vodka or rum (I personally use Appleton estate 12 year rum... *sighs with pleasure* but Svedka vodka -- a great one -- works well, too.). Cap and store. Let stand, shake occasionally, until the color is nice and dark (2-3 weeks up to 8-10 weeks) then strain out the pieces.

Or just go buy a bottle of good extract. Penzey's, Rodele, Neilson-Massey, or The Vanilla Company.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Hello guys,

I have left the Loranns flavors on a side for a long time since I enjoyed mixing 18mg RY4+Menthol+PG+VG down to 12mg and that`s what I`ve been vaping recently....

Anyway, I would like to experiment the following:

RY4 + Menthol + PG + VG + Flavoring ? = XXX

or

Flavorless + Menthol + PG + VG + Flavoring ? = YYY

Please advise (share recipes that include menthol liquid) :cool:

I've yet to get my Dura C but still reading and one of my favorite 'candies' is Lakerol (pastilles) from Norway. It has menthol, licorice and salt flavors (salt licorice is big in Scandinavia evidently and this adds menthol as well). I plan on making up a batch when the ecig arrives.. except I haven't seen a 'salt flavoring' :) Of course you have to like licorice.... not everyone does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread