Please allow me to introduce myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
This is my first post to this forum that I have spent countless hours over the last couple months reading about and researching personal vaporizers. I received my SmokeTip KR8 starter kit at the end of last October. It was hard to stay away from analogs the first couple weeks but when I discovered this site and started learning about this hobby my excitement about vaping really helped me quit smoking for good.

The thing I love about vaping is that it's so much more then a device to feed my nicotine addiction. After getting over the fairly steep learning curve it's turned into a hobby that I absolutely love. My knowledge of vaping has grown fairly substantial, but it's still a drop in the bucket compared to more experienced vapers. Also, right now I'm much more "book" smart then "street" smart in this hobby, slowly gaining more practicing experience as funds allow.

So far my limited "practicing" experience includes: SmokeTip batteries when out and about. Quality KR8 batteries, though small (180 mAh) and expensive ($19.99, free shipping) they have an unheard of lifetime warranty. Boge premium and LR cartos (awaiting megas in the mail). Lecigs PigCig (ego clone for KR8 users, 650 mAh) that I'm thrilled with. E-juice from MadVapes, Gourmet Vapor, FSUSA (waiting on Halo e-juice in the mail and another Gourmet Vapor order with a great sale going on right now). I'm also excitedly awaiting on a LR 901 atty and drip tip to experience dripping and an actual atomizer.

So that's about it, excited to be apart of a community of vapers that has helped me so much in this hobby. To contribute my own experiences and growing knowledge and continue learning from all of you in this fairly new, exciting, and complex experience that is the hobby of vaping. :toast:

smbray

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2010
OKC,OK
welcome Jerms,you are right about it being a hobby for some of us,I get excited waiting for my stuff to come in the mail,I spend lots of hours learning about and then experimenting with mods that I have read about and some I thought of on my own.I hate ordering from China cause it takes so dang long.Been waiting 3 weeks now for my batteries just so I can build a juice box.I love it,it gives me my nicotine fix and keeps me busy in these cold winter months till I can get back to fishing and riding motorcycles.So welcome to ECF and to the hobby of vaping

No Brag

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Nebraska
Hi Jerms,
I started vaping the first of Oct. other than that and maybe some different brand names my story is about the same as yours. :2cool: I too, didn't get into this for a hobby. It sure has turned into one. If I'm not vaping I'm reading on ECF or mixing something else to vape or working on my vaping equipment. :vapor: I have a supply/tool box that has a top shelf and 4 drawers, over 40 different flavors, and all the things needed for DIY. :facepalm: It not only got me off of smoking, but has become a fun pastime.:2cool::vapor:
smbray,
I hadn't thought about fishing yet. :?: I'm going to have to set up some things for kayak fishing so I can take some equipment and supplies along and they won't get wet.:confused: I might even have to order some more supplies for that!!!!!:laugh::2cool:

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Hi and welcome!! You might also want to pick up some 901 carts so you could try carts with the 901 atty. I am finally trying that today on my KR8 + 901 dripping setup and it's very nice. cheapest shipping to buy small amounts of small parts is probably http://www.litecigusa.net/ - their shipping is something like $2 and may be free on a larger order.

Glad you like those juices! I've bought a bunch of FSUSA. And I already put in 2 orders with that Gourmet Vapor sale (until the 5th, VapeTV60 for 60% off all flavored juices including flavor creator ones you mix yourself). I'm also fond of Backwoods Brew, and love the Vanilla Almond Tobacco and Raspberry Ginger Ale I got at Velvet Vapors (I get their Velvet blend base).

Welcome!

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Thanks for the replies and welcomes! Yeah, mods and DIY, 2 areas that I can see in the future investing a lot of time in.

Dormouse: I was thinking about trying carts, but from what I've read they don't wick fast enough for low resistance attys, so dripping's the way to go with them. I'm thinking about getting a regular atty to use carts with though. Yeah, I've used litecigusa quite a bit, great prices and cheap/ fast shipping. Backwoods Brew is actually going to be the next source of juice to try.

KirLog

Dec 28, 2010
Philly
. . . I'm a man of wealth and taste. I've been around for a long, long year, stole many a man's soul and faith.

Damnit! D-:< You beat me to it! lol

Anyways, welcome Jerms! I'm new here, too, though I've been experimenting with PVs for about two years now. Just reading this forum, though, has increased my knowledge of the topic by several magnitudes- and my excitement for it, even more!

FreakyStylie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
The Internet
Damnit! D-:< You beat me to it! lol

Anyways, welcome Jerms! I'm new here, too, though I've been experimenting with PVs for about two years now. Just reading this forum, though, has increased my knowledge of the topic by several magnitudes- and my excitement for it, even more!

Actually, mlinky beat us both. :laugh: My excuse is that I'm feeling under the weather . . . what's yours? LOL

How did you guys come to find out about ECF?

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Interesting, I like to see more higher mah KR8s coming out. As of now, I'm loving my PigCig, just posted a review of it http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/electronic-cigarette-reviews/149483-pigcig-lecig-review.html

I found out about ECF buy searching the web for e-cig info. Before finding ECF, my research led me to believing the best deal out there was SmokeTip and purchased that (no regrets on that purchase, but far from the "best deal out there"). It was actually fairly difficult to find some good solid info on PVs until I discovered ECF. I couldn't believe the wealth of info on here at first, most of which i could make very little sense of (KR808-D, 510, 910, 801, LR, attomizer, cartomizer, drip tip, pg vs vg) lol. Soon it all started coming together and making sense and I was hooked.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Thanks womanofheart. Hopefully more and more people are discovering ECF BEFORE settling on there first e-cig. Bad first impressions on a bad PV turns away a lot of potential future vapers.

Amen to what you said dizzy. That's one of the reasons I decided to start posting, to start doing what so many here did for me with all the great info for the newcomer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread