Please Allow Me to Introduce Myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renaissance Man

Aug 26, 2018
Greetings and Bright Blessings to all,

My given name is Frank, although I go by my online handle of Renaissance Man at Large. I was a smoke since the age of about 14 and have succeeded at quitting many times, only to relapse at some point. This time rather than give up nicotine altogether (something I felt and feel very ambivalent about) I decided to try vaping. I feel as though I have found the magical El Dorado!.

As excited as I am, I have many questions as well as several concerns about the practice of vaping. I am now engaged in doing my own online research into some of these questions and concerns, which is what brings me to this forum - at least in part. In time, I hope to have amassed and synthesized some information that I can share with you, although I'm almost certain that what I would have to share has been said before. After all, there is nothing new under the sun.

In college, I was trained by the Jesuits in the Natural Sciences and I hold a double-major in chemistry and biology. I have also been trained in the Health Sciences and was an RN for more than 10 years.

Politically, I identify with neither political party as I find them equally corrupt and beneath contempt. I eagerly await the day when the people of the United States rise up and in one voice declare that they've had enough and precipitate a radical reform of our government, returning it to something closer to what the founding fathers had in mind when they adopted Our Constitution. Until then I wait and hope and pray.
Resist 400x199.jpg

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I have many questions as well as several concerns about the practice of vaping. I am now engaged in doing my own online research into some of these questions and concerns, which is what brings me to this forum - at least in part.
Welcome to the forum. This forum is the best place to learn about vaping.

I'm not interested in your political views unless they concern vaping issues. Feel free to ask any technical questions about vaping and we will do our best to answer them.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA

I'm not interested in your political views unless they concern vaping issues. Feel free to ask any technical questions about vaping and we will do our best to answer them.
This is a salient point. Vaping crosses the rather ridged and extreme political boundaries dividing the US atm so political discourse in general is discouraged. If you must there is a thoroughly buried prim section called “outside” where such things can be discussed. You may from time to time see the phrase “take it outside” which refers to and possibly caused the name for the forum section

Renaissance Man

Aug 26, 2018
I read your title in the voice of Mick Jagger.

Welcome.

I wish you well in your yransition to a healthier lifestyle through the use of vapor products.

On the political point, we're on the same page.
Good to meet ya, Dougiestyle. As to the title, what can I say? LOL I wondered how many people here would pick up on it, despite not being a very oblique reference.

Renaissance Man

Aug 26, 2018
Reactions: stols001

Renaissance Man

Aug 26, 2018

Thank you. I'll take you up on your offer Baditude as the situation arises. As to political views, being still a semi-free country, everyone is entitled to his or her own. It just raises my hackles anytime Big Brother attempts to tell me what I can and cannot do, especially when the rules are not applied even-handedly. But, 'nuff said.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
As to political views, being still a semi-free country, everyone is entitled to his or her own. It just raises my hackles anytime Big Brother attempts to tell me what I can and cannot do, especially when the rules are not applied even-handedly. But, 'nuff said.
You may wish to add your comments on these "political" threads:

FDA seizes marketing documents from e-cig maker Juul
ECF Newsletter - FDA Considering Ban on Online Ecig Sales
Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

Last edited:
  • Useful

Renaissance Man

Aug 26, 2018
This is a salient point. Vaping crosses the rather ridged and extreme political boundaries dividing the US atm so political discourse in general is discouraged. If you must there is a thoroughly buried prim section called “outside” where such things can be discussed. You may from time to time see the phrase “take it outside” which refers to and possibly caused the name for the forum section

Thank you for your insight, Bombastinator. I generally do not go around stirring up trouble and that is NOT the point why I chose to join the forum, therefore I will heed your advice with the possible exception that the discussion itself is political in nature.

Renaissance Man

Aug 26, 2018
Hi Welcome to ECF and I hope you find the information you are looking for. I don't take vaping all serious all the time, except when it comes to harm reduction, I would be dead without it.

I think many folks of all political persuasions (or none) who are vapers feel the same way.

Welcome to ECF.

Anna

Thank you for your warm welcome Anna.

Renaissance Man

Aug 26, 2018
Actually, I have had my say on the second of the three threads you suggest. I doubt I would have anything more, or new to add in posting to the other two. All I really want is for all Americans to participate in the political process and hold the representative they elect responsible both for their actions and their behavior.

Smittenkittenz

Sep 16, 2018
Greetings and Bright Blessings to all,

My given name is Frank, although I go by my online handle of Renaissance Man at Large. I was a smoke since the age of about 14 and have succeeded at quitting many times, only to relapse at some point. This time rather than give up nicotine altogether (something I felt and feel very ambivalent about) I decided to try vaping. I feel as though I have found the magical El Dorado!.

As excited as I am, I have many questions as well as several concerns about the practice of vaping. I am now engaged in doing my own online research into some of these questions and concerns, which is what brings me to this forum - at least in part. In time, I hope to have amassed and synthesized some information that I can share with you, although I'm almost certain that what I would have to share has been said before. After all, there is nothing new under the sun.

In college, I was trained by the Jesuits in the Natural Sciences and I hold a double-major in chemistry and biology. I have also been trained in the Health Sciences and was an RN for more than 10 years.

Politically, I identify with neither political party as I find them equally corrupt and beneath contempt. I eagerly await the day when the people of the United States rise up and in one voice declare that they've had enough and precipitate a radical reform of our government, returning it to something closer to what the founding fathers had in mind when they adopted Our Constitution. Until then I wait and hope and pray.
View attachment 770945
LOL For the love of the Almighty NO!, Although my father DID smoke unfiltered Luckys for many years. And, hace muchos años despues, when I spent two years in South America, I did smoke the local tobacco, which they called tobacco negro, or black tobacco. My God! Even filtered it liked to sear your lungs with every draw!

Haha yes Sir, very relatable indeed and just had a funny flashback. I smoked cigarettes for 15 years, but last year I went to Peru, chilled with some locals and thought I could handle what they were smoking. Er...damn near laid me out flat. Everyone had quite a laugh...I did as well, once I could breathe again ;p

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
All I really want is for all Americans to participate in the political process and hold the representative they elect responsible both for their actions and their behavior.

Me too only :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

That ship may have sailed a while ago, but it's essentially possible that um, things are getting so drastically awful, there may be a reversal of fortune someday and that happens.....

and then a few more years pass and :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

well there are many things in this life that I wouldn't mind having but I do not get.

Anna

Reactions: Foggy Road
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread