Mar 30, 2011
Carolinas

Loveridden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
Schaumburg, IL
I hate my saddle valve. Been wanting to purchase the COV circular one because it looks so much easier and more convenient. But they have been out of it often. If Madvapes carried something like that, at thier price point or cheaper, I would probably purchase it from you guys, since I already purchase juice & cartos and now tanks from u regularly.....

siouxsie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Minnesota
I hate my saddle valve. Been wanting to purchase the COV circular one because it looks so much easier and more convenient. But they have been out of it often. If Madvapes carried something like that, at thier price point or cheaper, I would probably purchase it from you guys, since I already purchase juice & cartos and now tanks from u regularly.....
I agree, either something like that or something like their $40 model would be even better. That style saddle valve isn't very convenient and it tends to cause misshapen cartos...now the Smoktek one I ordered but I'd like to see MV take a crack at building something specifically for this purpose.

I assumed the circular one at COV was out of stock due to him switching to the more expensive one, but I don't frequent that vendor hardly ever so I wouldn't know. Just tired of using a hammer and punch. Want something convenient and consistent.

Loveridden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
Schaumburg, IL
I'd want something $15 or less, wouldn't want to pay $40. But yeah, my saddle valve is SOOOOOOOOOOO annoying, I just take it apart now, use the top part with the part that punches, and hammer that into the carto lol. My carto is always slippin and slidin out when I have the saddle valve fully assembled lol

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
I'd want something $15 or less, wouldn't want to pay $40.

I know, I'm just saying MV could make something like that $40 punch for alot less...I'm not saying they should make something and charge $40, because that's not their M.O. and I could just buy Bruce's over priced gadget then.

I felt the same way.

Well, that is, until I heard about a sale with 15 cartos for $20, with free shipping, so the cartos worked out to $1.33 ea.

After paying around $2.25-2.50 per pre-punched boge carto (plus a couple bucks for shipping), and realizing I plan to continue to vap for a while, it seemed the prudent thing to do was, get myself a Carto Punch, and not have to pay someone else over a buck to punch a small hole that takes, oh... about five seconds to do with the right tool!

While $40 IS a lot for a carto punch, I have to tell you, COV's device works brilliantly! Once you've set the position screw to the right spot, you can lock it in place. Now, whenever you need to punch a carto, slide it in, turn the handle and you have a perfectly placed hole!

I figure I've already saved $15 of the $40 purchase price, with my first order of 15 boge cartos.

(As I tell my wife, whenever she tells me about a "Great Sale!"... "ya gotta spend money to save money"!)

HEY! I have an idea! Send ME your unpunched cartos, and I'll gladly punch 'em for you, at only FIFTY CENTS a hole, 35 cents for the second hole!

no.. no.... don't thank me. That's what friends are for! :blush:

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
I'm a little confused here. This thread has several references to a $40 punch. According to their websites, the COV punch costs $15 and the SmokTek punch costs $12. Where is this $40 punch? Just curious.

images

Here is a link if you're interested....

Great carto punch, if a little expensive!

siouxsie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Minnesota
Don't order the Smoktek one. It is just designed to punch a hole once. It is difficult to place the carto knowing exactly where the hole will be and because the bottom of the clamp is curved, when tightened it tends to curl up and the t screw punch tends to ride off to either side, mauling the cartridge and bending the punch. So I managed to punch one carto with and ruined a second along with the punch when it did as I described. I suppose if you are more mechanically inclined it would work better but it took me a good 15 minutes of fiddling to manage the first punch and the second...don't even get me started. So I caved and ordered Bruce's gadget. I'll probably get the cheaper one to carry around when they're back in stock and it'll be able to punch out flanged cartos as well. At least the $40 one has a hardened punch that widens at the top so there's no chance of bending. I just hope I can punch both carto sizes in it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread