The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Please help! (battery question)

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Deathbox Mnemic, Oct 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Deathbox Mnemic

Deathbox Mnemic Full Member

Jul 29, 2013
    Canada
    So I'm just about to place an order for the Cloupor DNA 30 box mod (clone), I've heard really good things about it. I'm lost as to what battery I should be buying. It's a regulated devices which will fire down to .3 ohms, I'll likely go no lower than .4 ohms. Since it's a regulated device, does it matter whether or not the battery is protected? I've done some research but I keep getting different answers. I'm ordering it from CanVape, they have lots of Efest batteries which again, I getting mixed reviews on...The mAh isn't super important to me, although the longer battery life the better.
    [FONT=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
    Basically I just need a flat top 18650 battery that I can use without fear of doing something wrong... I'm rather paranoid when it comes to this stuff...Any help would be appreciated!

-Mike​

2. inswva

inswva Do you even squonk, bro? Verified Member ECF Veteran

3. AzPlumber

AzPlumber Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2011
    Arizona
    You want to use high drain IMR batteries. These are not protected as they are a safer chemistry.

4. Deathbox Mnemic

Deathbox Mnemic Full Member

Jul 29, 2013
    Canada
  5. p7willm

p7willm Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 11, 2014
    Lansdale, PA, USA
    What does the maker of the device say? How many amps will the device require?

I would look at the specs for the device and choose a battery that you feel comfortable will be able to supply the amps required without danger.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.