Please Help! I'm Just Not Happy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncolwell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
*Sigh*

OK, I've been thinking this way for a few days, so I decided to come to The Family for some help/advice.

I am just not happy or satisfied with my vaping lately. A few of my thoughts:

1. I'm vaping about twice as much as I normally do. I use an MVP 2 with an iClear 30. I used to vape 3 ml a day (in other words, a whole tank) and now I'm vaping 6 ml a day. It just doesn't seem like I get enough nic/flavor...or something. I usually hover right around 7.0 watts to 8.0 watts.

2. I have a lot of different types of juices I'm using, and I try to rotate them so that I'm hitting different taste buds. These are the juices I have:
Gravity (just finished this morning)
Home Slice (vaping now)
CoolCumber Mint
Frenilla
CB
CLS
B Puddin
Grap3 Ap3
Band Camp
Doodle

...all in 12mg. I've been using 12mg for a few months now, and I lowered it down to 12mg because my body told me to. 18mg was just a little too much after a while.

Vapers tongue really isn't an issue because I can taste everything just fine. Maybe I need some combination suggestions for some new yumminess? I just don't know. I only know that it's frustrating to not be satisfied. I'm hoping to place an order for some new stuff tomorrow, and maybe another order on Tuesday once we see what the new release is.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
ok man listen close - I'm going to suggest something radical. YMMV and think for yourself - that said, please at least take my advice into consideration.

to be blunt the iClear30 is not good, at all. you're probably fatigued on low quality vaping. it isn't efficient or flavorful. what I recommend you do is skip right to the REO. don't waste time or money on the in-betweens like the KFL. you may be thinking about how expensive the REO is, or that you're nervous about having to build your own coil. but listen man - particularly with a REO, building coils and wicks is easy as 1-2-3. with the money I wound up spending on protanks, and a KFL, i could've bought a REO, and thus have 2 of them now instead of 1 REO and a bunch of other stuff i only plan to use in emergencies.

Your flavor will skyrocket. you'll likely need to lower your nic again because it's much more efficient at delivering nicotine. you'll enjoy the fact that you're producing more vapor as well. You'll have complete control over your build and can hone into your desired vape.

Now, you could also spend less money and get something basic like a protank, then learn to recoil and wick it with cotton or something. MUCH better than an iClear and you'll never touch those again. or you could order a KFL+ by ehPro from eBay for $30. but don't do it. order a REO. your total set up will be somewhere between $200 and $300. I know, it's a lot of money man. but chances are you'll wind up doing it eventually, but it will cost you more to get there if you buy other devices first.

whatever you choose, people will help you learn to recoil and rewick, myself certainly included. but please make it easy on yourself and get a REO. you can thank me later ;)

ncolwell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
ok man listen close - I'm going to suggest something radical. YMMV and think for yourself - that said, please at least take my advice into consideration.

to be blunt the iClear30 is not good, at all. you're probably fatigued on low quality vaping. it isn't efficient or flavorful. what I recommend you do is skip right to the REO. don't waste time or money on the in-betweens like the KFL. you may be thinking about how expensive the REO is, or that you're nervous about having to build your own coil. but listen man - particularly with a REO, building coils and wicks is easy as 1-2-3. with the money I wound up spending on protanks, and a KFL, i could've bought a REO, and thus have 2 of them now instead of 1 REO and a bunch of other stuff i only plan to use in emergencies.

Your flavor will skyrocket. you'll likely need to lower your nic again because it's much more efficient at delivering nicotine. you'll enjoy the fact that you're producing more vapor as well. You'll have complete control over your build and can hone into your desired vape.

Now, you could also spend less money and get something basic like a protank, then learn to recoil and wick it with cotton or something. MUCH better than an iClear and you'll never touch those again. or you could order a KFL+ by ehPro from eBay for $30. but don't do it. order a REO. your total set up will be somewhere between $200 and $300. I know, it's a lot of money man. but chances are you'll wind up doing it eventually, but it will cost you more to get there if you buy other devices first.

whatever you choose, people will help you learn to recoil and rewick, myself certainly included. but please make it easy on yourself and get a REO. you can thank me later ;)

I absolutely knew that was going to be one suggestion, and to be honest...the thought of a REO makes me nervous. I don't know why. I've never seen one in person, I'm not sure about the whole squonking thing...

I know you're probably right. If I did decide to do that, I'd have to save up money for sure. The local B&M near me is doing a free coil building class on Saturday and I'm thinking about going. I have never built my own coils before (obviously) but maybe it's something I should learn to do...

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Well, one thing about the aerotank is that now there are 1.0 ohm and 0.8 ohm coils out if you want to subohm, but not build your own coils. So its pretty versatile. And of course you can build your own. And they are cheap so if you take it out of the house with you, who cares, lol!

You can't subohm with the MVP though.

I just bought a clone DNA 30 to try, but its not here yet. My feeling is that if it starts going wonky on me I will rebuild it with high quality components.

No matter what I progress to though I suspect I will keep the MVP and an AT for taking with me places.

motabrownie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2014
Lawrence, KS
Id say its definitely your iClear 30's. I have a few of those but dont use them anymore. Youd get better flavor out of a Protank 2 or Aerotank with rebuilt coils and cotton. If you want to spend a little more, get a Kayfun Lite Plus (KFL+). Despite what Sloth said, most who have tried them love them. I think hes like 1 of 9 people who dont like the KFL+ lol. I have 8 of them cuz I like to change flavors throughout the day. Youll have to know how to make your own coils but thats easy once you get the hang of it. If you have the money, then Id suggest a REO. If youve never used an RDA or tried dripping, it might be too much for you though. Way more nic and way more flavor. Id say go with what you can afford and dont break the bank

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
changing flavors isnt going to help you - you've already got the best of the best. it's definitely all about your device right now. please, dont be nervous about a REO - i was too, VERY nervous. in retrospect I shouldnt have been. bottom line is you need to learn to coil and wick on your own to a) increase performance in *any* device and b) save money. REOs are cheap once you get one. coils cost a few cents, replace them once in a while but not very often - wicks cost less, replace them more often. takes a very few minutes to do either/or. with a REO, it's hard to mess it up or cause a short. take that class and think about it, but give it *serious* thought before spending any money on other equipment. yo, I'd walk you through every single step on the telephone or skype or something. you'd be up and running in no time flat. so, so easy, so fool proof. SO good!

rthink about it - no leaks, no dry hits, no gurgles, no carrying around a bottle of juice with you or 3-4 tanks in case one screws up, none of that anymore. your REO holds 6 mls of juice on board. you squonk, it saturates your wick, and drains excess liquid back into the bottle. no leaking, nothing, ever. just squonk every 3-5 hits and it's vaping bliss.

the reason REO users are so adamant about this is because we know how good it is and how much frustration everything else can cause. come and join us. we're a family :)

Miata GT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
Largo, FL
At the very least ditch the iClear 30. IMO it's not even good enough to be called craptastic. I would try one of the new Nautilus Mini tanks with the new BVC coil design.

...but really I've tried about everyt kind of clearomizer and most other atty and APV types in my short tenure as a vaper and my search for THAT device stopped dead with a Reo. Outside of it being an outstanding all day everyday vaping device the support from the maker (on the forum and off) and the huge community support is stellar.

You owe it to yourself if you like flavor. Top beat a dead horse you are wasting money on Nicoticket ejuice in your iClear...the ejuice deserves better! ;)

bm2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
You don't have to get a REO to rebuild. There's a million mechanical mods and they're all pretty similar.

I also lost my vaping satisfaction a few weeks ago. My Aerotank just wasn't cutting it. I picked up a mechanical mod and an RDA and after a couple of test coils, I was able to build a nice one. You get better and better at building, and the vapor and flavor get better too.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Id say its definitely your iClear 30's. I have a few of those but dont use them anymore. Youd get better flavor out of a Protank 2 or Aerotank with rebuilt coils and cotton. If you want to spend a little more, get a Kayfun Lite Plus (KFL+). Despite what Sloth said, most who have tried them love them. I think hes like 1 of 9 people who dont like the KFL+ lol. I have 8 of them cuz I like to change flavors throughout the day. Youll have to know how to make your own coils but thats easy once you get the hang of it. If you have the money, then Id suggest a REO. If youve never used an RDA or tried dripping, it might be too much for you though. Way more nic and way more flavor. Id say go with what you can afford and dont break the bank

you get me all wrong brotha - I do like the KFL+. I think it's a great vape. I just have a hard time getting it right and honestly after using the REO I don't see the point in trying to get it right anymore. it's a fantastic, fantastic vape for those who want to take the time to perfect it. I'm glad i've got one, glad you guys helped me so much in getting it running. but for me and how I like to vape, I view it as a chore - same as a PT - i made myself deal with tanks because i felt I needed to but the moment I got my REO I realized the chore was over.

this is all YMMV and I am NOT bashing a KFL. nor a Protank. I think a rebuilt protank is fantastic as well. I'm just an honest-to-god convert all the way, REO ADV. that's just me. i do suggest skipping everything in between but your advice to her is totally sound as well. i just say if I had known how easy the REO is i would've gone from iClear16s to the REO, hands down.

if nothing else she should get a KFL but the iClears gotta go

motabrownie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2014
Lawrence, KS
I know man I was just givin ya a hard time lol. I have a feeling youll still use the KFL after awhile. Like I said Im a multi-juice vapor throughout the day so I need multiple toppers. And Im lazy so I like to just grab a topper and go. Truthfully, I wish I had gone straight to a REO instead of the various clearomizers and cartotanks I tried. I still use cartotanks occasionally. I am glad I got into KFL's though. It helped me learn about coils and ohms etc.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
hahahaha @ maurice LOL

mota - hehe i thought you were giving me a hard time ;) I figure I'll use the KFL in the future too, for flavor switch ups and definitely if I'm without my REO for a bit. it really is a great vape. much nicer than the Protanks :) PBC tastes awesome outta a KFL+!! and i love the airflow on it.

ncolwell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
OK OK OK...

So, if this was something I wanted to pursue (and IF this was a conversation I wanted to have with my husband...) where do I go to get a REO? I have no idea what's involved in this type of purchase, but I'm willing to start socking away my pennies if it's going to help. I'm a work at home mom who writes business blogs for various online and offline companies. So, I'm not rolling in the dough by any means.

Are there ever any on the classies?

Not sure I can spare any internal organs at the moment. ;-)

Maurice Pudlo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
United States
Alimony, it pays. That's why every guy learns in guy school "it's cheaper to keep her".

or

Just buy it and follow the "it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission" rule of thumb.

So long as you have a good man, he will forgive you, you are a woman and he is a man, you are always right (we know this).

Maurice

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
you can maybe find one in the classies but to get a brand new one go to reosmods.com

you'd want a REO Grand LP edition, and the LP Reomizer. those 2 = like $200 on the dot, ok? then, you'll need some kanthal wire, a measily 7 bucks on eBay for 100 feet, will last you months if not longer. then, you want organic or sterle cotton, get a bag for $4 t wll last at least a year or 2. maybe much more lol.

ok then you'll need some odds and ends...you need an ohm reader but you've got an MVP2 so I just use that and you can too. you'll need some batteries, they're about $10 a piece, and a good charger, I spent about $40 on mine but you could get one for more like $20. we're up to ~$250 or something?

you'll need drill bits or a tiny screw driver to wrap the wire on. you'll need a tiny little screwdriver to screw down the screws which hold your coil ends.

unless i'm forgetting something, that's about it.

really I'd be happy to have a phone discussion with you if you ever want to *talk* with someone about it

edit - also need tweezers, and scissors or nail clippers

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
Http://www.reosmods.com

Yes, they do pop up in the classies but, often go for close to the price of a new one.

I have a couple of the iclears hanging around collecting dust and can attest to the fact that they are OK at first but then quickly turn to crap. Haven't touched them in about a year. A cheaper option for now ( while deciding if the Reo and coil building is for you) would be to turn to either the Nautilus with the new coils or the Kanger Aero's with the lowest resistance coils available.

Good luck with your journey Mi'lady.....:vapor:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread