Please Help Me Find A Good Mix From Among These 30 Flavors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am at my wit's end. I've been at this DIY stuff for six months now. I feel completely stuck, so I keep making the same crappy flavors I don't enjoy because I have no new ideas.

I'm hoping to get some mixing and recipe advice from you guys, to find a mix I enjoy from among the flavors I have. I have tried far too many combinations / steep times to bother getting into all that. At this point I'm willing to try anything, but I really don't want to buy any new flavorings right now.

Most of these purchases were blind-buys for testing (only RY4, chocolate, and peppermint are repeat buys), and all of them were selected because they were my top 30 choices from among the hundreds of things available. Because I have found nothing I enjoy, I feel very stuck with this 50$ worth of flavors I regret buying. Only two or three have proven to be things I enjoy whatsoever - at least on their own or in the mixes I've tried.

I will very much appreciate any advice or recipe ideas to try from among these flavorings.
All flavors listed are TFA, except seedman Cpt. Black / VFC. Flavors are all PG, my nic fluid is VG

Menthol Stuff - I was never a menthol smoker, but because I have had so little success with other flavors, I am currently exclusively vaping a straight combination of these three things, along with some crappy mixes just to burn through them. I really don't enjoy it all that much, but it's superior to every other thing I've tried in terms of producing a not-weird, not-unpleasant result. I guess "Menthol" is just gonna be my go-to vape from now on unless I make a breakthrough with any help I get here.
  • Creme De Menthe
  • Peppermint
  • Menthol

Sweets, Drinks - I wanted to like these, but I have found no combination I enjoyed enough to duplicate. Only Double Chocolate has given me anything I enjoy when I mix it with peppermint, but it's so subtle though that it's practically pointless. Hoping to find some recipes in which these things are useful components.
  • Irish Cream
  • Egg Nog
  • Kalua and Cream
  • Almond Amaretto
  • Graham Cracker Clear
  • Double Chocolate Dark
  • Hazelnut
  • Coconut Extra
  • French Vanilla
  • Caramel
  • Coffee
  • Cappuccino

Fruity Candies - These I kinda dug, especially sweet tarts. I don't suppose I want to mix these with anything but each other, unless someone has a suggestion. The problem I find is I get sick of them after half a day. They're just too sickly-sweet at any concentration that brings good flavor. Suggestions here might be helpful.
  • Gummy Candy
  • Sweet & Tart
  • Rainbow Drops

Tobacco Variants - I really wanted to like at least one of these, but I just don't. RY4 is tasty, but I'm sick of it by itself. The rest of these all taste like spiced rum or cloves or a campfire or chimney flue. I'm hoping I might find a recipe that involves one or more which I will enjoy, but so far, I haven't found it on my own.
  • RY4 Double
  • Black Honey Tobacco
  • American Red Tobacco
  • Virginia Fire Cured
  • 555 Type DK
  • Captain Black Tobacco

Special Agents - I bought all of these thinking they'd help me concoct something I enjoy, especially by mixing with the tobaccos. But since I didn't like any of those anyway, these have gone mostly unused.
  • Acetyl Pyrazine
  • Ethyl Maltol
  • Smooth
  • Sweetener
  • Sweet Creme

Last edited:

catsitter

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2014
Massapequa Park, NY, USA
Go to the Flavor Apprentice Flavoring thread here under DIY and search on any one of your flavors. They have an awful lot of very good recipes in that thread along with plenty of musings/theory on how to make a good juice and the people there are extremely helpful with developing new recipes. To me it sounds like you've got the fixings for a lot of good juices - let them give you some guidance on how to get there. Good luck!

@RWClark - Might have to give that a shot! Anything with a heavy base of RY4 has potential. Last time I tried Acetyl Pyrazine at >1% it had a corn chip thing going on, but perhaps that GC will tone it down and negate the corny aspect of AP. Thanks for sharing.

@catsitter - I posted my personal dilemma to avoid browsing any big ol' threads such as that one, though I suppose asking others to duplicate information isn't very nice of me. Planning to invest the time required once I'm armed with some ideas, though.

Starting to suspect I'm just a picky vaper... Which makes no good sense, considering I'll eat anything.

Last edited:

readeuler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2014
Ohio, USA
Here's one of the greatest resources from the TFA thread, distilled into one magical blog:

E-Cigarette Forum - Bill's Magic Vapor - Blogs

I can't give any specifics, but I can tell you that you'll find some use for that Sweet Cream, that's for sure! There are more folks that mix tobacco, but Bill isn't one of them. His recipes are typically desert-y.

I haven't used Gummy Candy personally, but I've seen it in a few recipes. It might go nicely with a bit of Sweet and Tart (1 to 2%), Sweet Cream (5% or less), and maybe a bit of sweetener. I don't know about how much Gummy Candy you'd need, however.

Last edited:
Thank you all for your time and suggestions! I often feel so overwhelmed by DIY information, hence the personalized request. Modding for other forums, I tend to be impatient with folks asking for info they could locate themselves, (even if it's buried on page 67 of sub-manual F, etc), so it's humbling to be on the other side of that dilemma.

I've got all my DIY goodies assembled and am putting together the ideas you've all shared. Lucky I had all these empty bottles, eh? I'll be spending some time with the suggested resources later on as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread