Please help need suggestions for a tank!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drea8485

Jan 12, 2015
Long Island, NY
I have a Vision Spinner battery and I am having trouble finding a good tank. I had a single coil evod from my starter pen vape that is okay, but I don't like that I can't change the mouth pieces. Then I got a single coil evod where I could change the mouth pieces and that started leaking out of the plastic side windows. I was told sometimes cinnamon flavors can do that. I bought a Mini Protank 3 dual coil tank which fell apart on me, the glass tank detached from the metal pieces. I went back to the store wanting another glass one but they didn't have any other options, so I got another Evod2 this time with a dual coil and after a couple of weeks it is leaking again. Can anyone suggest a good tank that would fit on my Vision Spinner battery? Or do I have to go all out and get a whole new setup? I am very frusterated with this tank sitation.:ohmy:

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I agree about the mini Nautilus.

From a personal perspective, I find the Spinners just a little bit underpowered even on the full 4.8v setting.

Also, unless you want to build your own coils and wick, most Kangers are problematic with the factory atomiser heads. I own all the ones you have bought and sadly (by the sounds of it) you've been going round in circles much the same as many of us did.

The dual coil ones (evod2, mini PT3 and T3D) are particularly poor performers and the coils don't seem to last any better than the 'old' single coil ones.

drunkenbatman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
It's windy, USA
Hey mate! Two things:

1. You might want to be careful of that store. Some of what you're describing sounds like you're talking about clones rather than authentics.

2. Before you pickup any BVC coils, you should be informed there's a bit of controversy over them using fiberglass/ceramic paper fibers in them. They've said they'll switch to cotton after news of it spread, but haven't said when. I'd encourage you to skim through this thread and decide for yourself:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ficial-statement-atlantis-coils-material.html

I'd agree with djsvapour that I'm not a big of Kanger's dual coils, but there are nautilus BCC coils (not a big fan of those either) until the cotton ones come out, and mini protank 2s, etc. I might suggest that whatever you get, you cast a wider net than that store.

Last edited:

Drea8485

Jan 12, 2015
Long Island, NY
Thanks for the input everyone, looks like I will be getting that mini Nautilus. One day I would like to try to start building, I know people say it's not as hard as it looks, but right now I have no idea where to even start with that, so I'm going to stick to this for now. And yeah, I seem to go through the dual coils just as fast as the single ones did.

Drea8485

Jan 12, 2015
Long Island, NY
Hey mate! Two things:

1. You might want to be careful of that store. Some of what you're describing sounds like you're talking about clones rather than authentics.

2. Before you pickup any BVC coils, you should be informed there's a bit of controversy over them using fiberglass/ceramic paper fibers in them. They've said they'll switch to cotton after news of it spread, but haven't said when. I'd encourage you to skim through this thread and decide for yourself:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ficial-statement-atlantis-coils-material.html

I'd agree with djsvapour that I'm not a big of Kanger's dual coils, but there are nautilus BDC coils (not a big fan of those either) and mini protank 2s, etc. I might suggest that whatever you get, you cast a wider net than that store.

I've been going to this particular store because my father does business with the owner and also it's very close to my house and convenient to get to and some of the people there are very helpful...but I did talk to two different people about the tanks, so they may not have been on the same page, there's really only one person there who I think has very good knowledge on everything they sell. But also being a brick and mortar store they are expensive, so I may have seemed to give up on quality over the convenience of going there, and where I live I know that they actually have a wider selection than most of the other stores around. I may start to just buy parts on-line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread