PLEASE HELP SALVAGE MY VAPING EXPERIENCE!!! (thank you!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missspoke

Verified Member
Jun 16, 2013
Ashland, OR, USA
Mm, sounds like a tasty line-up. I actually picked up the Butterscotch and Vanilla Butternut myself, somehow missed that they had that orange flavor though, so I sense another order in the near future! Is there a minimum order for the freebie do you know?

Also, if you find yourself looking for a glass clearo for the cigalikes, I just got my Kanger T4s today and they seem to be a nice alternative to cartos on 808 batteries. Not having any leaking issues yet with a 70/30 PG/VG mix and they're kicking out tons of vapor, not to mention the taste is crystal clear compared to the cartos I was using, no more burnt taste when I'm chain-vaping.

Mmmm, yeah! Orange creamsicles are my favorite dessert in the summertime, but I eat them all year 'round...even have a perfume with that scent...might as well smoke it, too...lol! I'm definitely getting the Butterscotch and Cinnamon Roll on my next order...there's just so many awesome flavors to choose from. :blink: My educated guess is that there's a 2 bottle minimum to get your freebie. This is based on two Mt. Baker reviews I came across: In one written review, a woman said that she'd got freebies with 2 out of her last 3 orders. By this, we know there must be a minimum purchase. In a video review I watched ( Mt. Baker Vapor Review - YouTube ), this guy placed two separate orders, buying only 2 bottles in each order. He got a freebie both times...how generous, Mt. Baker!!! (I don't know if the size of the bottles you buy has anything to do with the minimum purchase, though.) Thanks for the tip on the T4s, Kelly...sounds nice! I'll have to pick some up next week for that kit you sent me. ;)

Coyote.au

Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2013
Victoria Australia
It matters little what we like and don,t like as it all goes forward and back and round and round.
Just experiment know your base nic and mix up to your hearts delight
Kanger range all good well made and rebuild able.

Top coils innokin dual element works well for a hard hit.

They come with the mpv I taste ,
And the trusty vamo for mine.

I suppose I have it all sorted because I don,t even notice what l do anymore l,m just happy not smoking logs,
And enjoy creating ever new notes of flavor on flavor endless enjoyment

DYI

newbie85

Jul 6, 2013
Malaysia
Hello Vapers!

I was so close...and now I feel so far away. I started my vaping adventure with high hopes and just KNEW that vaping was going to be SO right for me...there are many things about analog cigs (most aspects of it, actually) that I've grown to hate over the last 15 years that I've been smoking them: The smell, the inconvenience of needing a cig somewhere I can't have one, the persistent cough, the decrease in my lung capacity, the damage to my wallet, and more often now even the taste (I will have a drink sometimes just so I can enjoy my cigarettes for a while!!!), just to name a few. Still, I have had no desire to quit for quite a long time now; although that used to be on my agenda sometimes in the past. VIOLA...E-CIGARETTES!!! What a perfect solution to my smoking problems; and, if I ever decided to quit, I have the option of stepping down my nicotine level at will! I eventually chose to buy my first starter kit from Halo after "extensive research on the best rated brands" (later to find that I was actually only dipping my little toe into the pool of information on e-cigs and all their various various forms, not to mention the WORLD of atomizers, batteries, clearomizers, cartomizers, tanks, and all the other components that can be used or put together to smoke your juice!). I eagerly awaited the arrival of my G6 kit with one of each battery (a manual and an automatic). My kit finally came, aaaaaaaaaaaaand...the manual battery came DOA...sucks...the juices tasted pretty bad...DOUBLE sucks (GROSS!!! I don't want that disgusting, sickly sweet chemical taste in my mouth ever again!!! Come to find out, this flavor went almost completely away after a week of steeping; but wait, there's more.)...and then, after a week and a few days of vaping and almost completely getting off the analogs despite the first two bummers, my automatic battery stopped holding any kind of charge for more than two puffs...DOUBLE, TRIPLE, I HAVE TO START BUYING CIGARETTES AGAIN SUCKS!!! So Halo (who does have good customer service) agreed to exchange my manual battery at first, and then when my automatic batt. died before I could even get the first batt. down to the post office, they agreed to give me a refund for my kit. Of course, I'm only getting back about $41 of the $75 (+ $7 return shipping!) I spent, since much of my purchase is non-returnable, including parts from the initial starter kit! I don't have much of a budget, especially now that I'm having to buy analogs just like before, and am still missing a big chunk (for me!) of the money that I threw into Halo.
After much more research and a lot of time on this website (thank you all for sharing your knowledge and opinions on this forum!), I've come up with a plan that will hopefully give me + vaping the second chance it deserves. I'd like to go with simple, high capacity eGo-type batteries from Fasttech.com and some good clearomizers (from anywhere) to put on them. This is the kit that I've been looking at:
$21.70 EGO-T 7-in-1 USB Rechargeable 1100mAh Electronic Cigarettes Health Keeping Set - double e-cigarette / euro adapter / L bag / black at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
Does anyone think there's a better choice I could be making on the Fasttech site as far as vaping satisfaction and the performance of the batteries go? I will also need a US charger adapter, since their kits come with European plugs...is this the right one?:
$3.06 E-Cigarettes USB Charger with AC Adapter - 19cm / US plug at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
I don't want to blow up my new batteries! I would love suggestions for a great clearomizer that would fit my tentative choice above, or any of the batteries suggested to me later on in this thread. I'm very interested in trying a bottom coil clearomizer after reading about both types, but I'm completely open to opinions on that. I read that they might give a "cooler" hit and have less tendency to leak?
Thanks again to all of you for your time and help...I certainly can't do this without you, since I don't personally know anyone who vapes. ;-)

trial & error alway a best way to make u become expert...i understand how your feeling,trust me...always try & learn since u start to vape & far away from analog...u will find a solution at the end...

DasFriek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2013
Ohio
I didn't see it mentioned, but do a Google search for local vaping shops.
I depend on them for my basics of vaping despite higher prices. Once I have that and the cash I'll switch to buying more online and from fastech. I say that from experience as I'm kinda tech savvy also and have dealt repeatedly with Chinese retailers in the past with my old led flashlight hobby.
Buying local is nice as my b&m store here will test every part I ask them too before leaving. Plus they have about 150 juices sitting out to sample anything they make, even making me blends which I enjoyed.

Btw Kanger makes the best tanks for my likes and needs. I'll be buying another Protank when I have the money from fastech and add several Protank mini's. I use EVODS now and love the very little they flood or leak.
I only buy variable voltage batteries or mods, but would like a good mechanical mod later. I've found unregulated devices usually don't push enough voltage for my likes.
I use an Ego twist 1100mah twist with EVOD tank outside the house.
At home I use a full sized 18650 mod such as my Vamo or VV sub-mod with a Protank.
And to satisfy my need to to tinker with everything and so I don't experiment with my base equipment I bought a rebuildable AGA-t2 tank which I like to use alto. I still don't have it mastered and just made my first decent coil after owning it for 2 weeks now.

DasFriek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2013
Ohio
Protanks are a bit too "airy" for my taste, however, I am going on a massive Vape budget, so with the dependability and sturdiness of the protank, I'll suck it up (no pun intended), and deal with it.

Try dropping in an Evod coil in the Protank as it does tighten up the pull.
I do the opposite and put Protank coils in my Evods for more air. Its all personal choice as I wasn't a smoker to begin with, so I think I can adapt faster since I have no preconceptions of how a pull should be when switching to vaping.

Missspoke

Verified Member
Jun 16, 2013
Ashland, OR, USA
I didn't see it mentioned, but do a Google search for local vaping shops.
I depend on them for my basics of vaping despite higher prices. Once I have that and the cash I'll switch to buying more online and from fastech. I say that from experience as I'm kinda tech savvy also and have dealt repeatedly with Chinese retailers in the past with my old led flashlight hobby.
Buying local is nice as my b&m store here will test every part I ask them too before leaving. Plus they have about 150 juices sitting out to sample anything they make, even making me blends which I enjoyed.

Btw Kanger makes the best tanks for my likes and needs. I'll be buying another Protank when I have the money from fastech and add several Protank mini's. I use EVODS now and love the very little they flood or leak.
I only buy variable voltage batteries or mods, but would like a good mechanical mod later. I've found unregulated devices usually don't push enough voltage for my likes.
I use an Ego twist 1100mah twist with EVOD tank outside the house.
At home I use a full sized 18650 mod such as my Vamo or VV sub-mod with a Protank.
And to satisfy my need to to tinker with everything and so I don't experiment with my base equipment I bought a rebuildable AGA-t2 tank which I like to use alto. I still don't have it mastered and just made my first decent coil after owning it for 2 weeks now.

Congrats on your new build! I can't wait to try a Protank!!! :D

Missspoke

Verified Member
Jun 16, 2013
Ashland, OR, USA
Update: THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU, everyone!!! We did it!!! (Pardon the excessive amount of exclamation points in this post...I am just so freakin' stoked right now!!!) My vaping adventure has now been transformed into everything I originally wanted it to be, thanks to all of your knowledge and advice. I received all my supplies no later than this last Monday (My eGo kit from Discountvapers came last Saturday...from the other coast...Whoah, Eric, how do you DO that??? :p). I am such a happy vaper now!!! The first couple of days, I tried to smoke a few of my leftover analogs; Grimacing, spitting noises, and dissatisfaction immediately came with those. Day three? I don't want anything but my vape now!!! This is exactly what I was hoping for in giving e-cigs a whirl. My loved ones will be happy, too, since I made it very clear that I wasn't trying or promising to quit anything! I want to do some mini reviews here now, in the hopes that the info will help other new vapers if they end up reading this thread via an internet search (which is how I found ECF to begin with).

eGo-T 900mah battery: Wow, a much better choice for me compared to the cig-a-like I had before. It's still a very manageable, portable design; but I get better vapor and a much longer battery life out of these. One fully charged battery lasts me about a day all the way up to a day and a half without having to plug it back in! I vape heavily right now, since I'm still "quitting" smoking.

CE5 Clearomizers: My favorite clearo...so far! I thought I would like a bottom coil better; but so far these are outperforming the more expensive bottom coil clearo that I got. The flavor is excellent all the way down to empty! I don't have any leaking issues, unless I try to vape "upside down," like laying in bed with the end of the battery tilting upwards towards the ceiling. I just don't do that anymore...hold it to the side horizontally, and you're fine...no more worries about falling asleep in bed with a lit cigarette!!!

Vision Victory bottom coil clearomizer: The BIG one...this thing holds 5ml and looks awesome on my eGo battery. I still like the idea of a bottom coil, and this produces the most vapor and flavor...when it decides to! Unfortunately, it very randomly gives me a horrible burnt flavor. I can't pin this down since it's happening whenever it wants to, regardless of whether the tank is full or less full, which angle I hold it at, or how fast or slow I take the draw while it's heating. Hmmm...maybe I burnt the wick/damaged the coil somehow? I'm thinking about swapping out the atomizer head, since I have a couple of spares, to see if that helps. (Also, a warning to anyone thinking about getting one of these: I ordered this thinking it was made of glass. It is, after all, compared to the Protank in the description and doesn't state anywhere on the product page that it is made of plastic. There's even a warning at the bottom of the page that says the tank can shatter if dropped...sounds like glass to me, don't you think so?! It's a really nice heavy plastic; though I'm still left without a tank I feel comfortable putting citrus or cinnamon in. It will be awesome for everything else, if I can fix the burnt problem.)

Mt. Baker Vapor: YAHOOOOO!!! This is what vapor should taste like...and it's dirt cheap to boot!!! I already found my first all-day-vape, "Bananas Gone Nuts." Get some if you love banana bread...you won't be disappointed, and it vapes great straight out of the mailbox. Also, it leaves a lovely baking banana and walnuts scent in the air...my coworkers and my mom love it!!! (I ordered 4 flavors, which are listed in one of my previous posts in this thread. I ended up with 5 bottles, since Mt. Baker sends out freebies with most orders; so I now have "Cantaloupe" as well. Just ask if you're curious about the other flavors, and I'll be happy to give you a detailed description. :) )
)
Well that's the whole of it for now (I need my hands back, so I can vape some more of this yummy stuff!).
Again, thank you to all...have a beautiful day!!! :vapor:
Monica

Missspoke

Verified Member
Jun 16, 2013
Ashland, OR, USA
I recommend buying a vamo and a protank honestly. Its best to just go all in and get a variable voltage mod with a really nice tank on it. Yeah its bigger but fine to keep in the car and extra fun at home since they provide really great customizable vapes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Thanks, Swag! I will most likely be looking to add a vv to my collection very soon, since I'm already saving a ton of money switching to vaping. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread