Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hi I have the egrip 11 cant work out how to set it for the life of me, not that tech savy I currently have 1.50 8-20 in if that helps please tell me how to vape with it correctly...

Hi Cindy. Welcome to the ECF.

If you haven't started to use your eGrip II yet, be sure to put a Few Drops of e-liquid in the New Coil-Head before you put it in your eGrip.

We call that "Priming the Coil". And you do this Every Time you put in a New Coil-Head.

And like Beamslider said, make sure you are in Wattage Mode and start with 8 Watts. Then slowly Raise the Wattage until you get the Hit you want.

If it starts to Taste Burnt, it means the Watts are set Too High.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Sorry how do I know its in wattage mode.?

When a Mod is in Wattage Mode (or Variable Wattage - its the same thing) you will usually see a VW somewhere on the screen.

At about 1:30 in this video it shows how to Change/Select the Mode you want.

You want Variable Wattage Mode.

Reactions: stols001

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Yeah I watched that but I don't understand all the modes as they are in vw, vt-ni etc
vw = variable wattage (mode you wanna use with the coils you have in the tank right now)
vv = variable voltage (not something you want)
tc = temperature control
ss = stainless steel
Ni = nickel
Ti = titanium
Anything else don't bother with it, anything like tcr and such are advanced stuff you'll most likely never have to worry about.

NB: vt = variable temperature which is the same as tc

Reactions: zoiDman

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Yeah I watched that but I don't understand all the modes as they are in vw, vt-ni etc

Right Now, it Isn't super critical to know exactly what each Mode is and does.

And I would Suggest that anyone who is New to all this stick with Variable Wattage (VW) Mode until they get a little more familiar with using their Mod.

Variable Wattage (VW) Mode: Let's the user adjust the Hit by Increasing/Decreasing the Wattage. Much like you adjust the Light of a Lamp using a Dimmer Switch. It is the Easiest Mode to use/learn on.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas

The others (besides VW) are for various temp control wire types, nothing you need to be concerned with at this point.
Set it to VW, start around 8W, gradually increase power in small increments taking a few vapes on each setting until you find what you like best. If you get a odd, off, harsh, hot or funky taste turn the power down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread