Please recommend e-liquids that don't have "THAT" after taste....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been vaping since Sept. 2010 (and completely cig free after 35 years). I know exactly what "that" taste is you're talking about. My go-to guy is Todd at Electronic Smokeless Cigarettes, Natural and Organic Vape e cigarette Juices He has organic juice and it is GOOD. Real good. I am flat-out addicted to his Kona Cream. If you like something sweeter--get the Toffee. Nom nom nom. I'm not a tobacco flavor girl, but guess people rave about those. He's got tons of flavors. He always lets you order any flavor sample too with each order. Use VR10 to get a discount. Hope this helps. :)

borjis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2009
so I got the highbrow liquid.

chocolate and dark chocolate.

I like the dark chocolate taste better than the chocolate.

I will let them steep for two weeks before I use them daily. (just tried a few drops)

High Brow dark chocolate tastes exactly like the DIY I did with the Capella flavoring.

It's good. Definitely does not have "that flavor" I don't like.

I sure would like to find someone who has faithfully copied the Janty Chocolate.

Anyone who loves chocolate vaping and has not tried Janty is definitely missing out imo.

I love it, but not the price.

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
I wish I could be more helpful to you, Borjis, on the chocolate juices, but alas chocolate is one of those flavors I just can't seem to "taste" (with one singular exception: the "Chocolate" sold by Smokeless Image, which to me tastes like cocoa rather than milk chocolate.) That juice is almost 100% PG, and requires no steeping since it is made in China (as, I believe, is Janty) and steeps on the trip to SI's inventory room! :)

Here's a link: Smokeless Image | Only The Best Electronic Cigarette | Electronic Cigarettes | Wholesale Electronic Cigarettes | E-Cigarette | Best Electronic Cigarette | Electronic Cigarette

I'm sure the Highbrow will be pleasing, but it may need more than 2 weeks' steeping (i.e., don't give up on it if after 2 weeks you still don't find it "wonderful". ) :)

Last edited:

borjis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2009
hhmmm cocoa....ya know..that might be exactly what the Janty flavor is best described as.

I believe your right that Janty's is made in china. It never needs to steep, its always ready to go.

I've learned the hard way that steeping is very necessary.
Some DIY grape I made 6 months ago was meh when I first made it, but
I just tried it again after sitting for those months and now it tastes
really good like a grape sweet tart!

maybe this cocoa liquid is what I'm ultimately looking for.

I found one that was really close. It came with pre-filled gocarts when cigeasy first brought the gogo to market.
they can't get it.

Looks like they have two kinds of Grape as well.

grape & "cocoa" are my main favorites price is right too....crossing my fingers

thanks!

Last edited:

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
hhmmm cocoa....ya know..that might be exactly what the Janty flavor is best described as.

Maybe this cocoa liquid is what I'm ultimately looking for.

I found one that was really close. It came with pre-filled gocarts when cigeasy first brought the gogo to market.
they can't get it.

Looks like they have two kinds of Grape as well.

grape & "cocoa" are my main favorites price is right too....crossing my fingers

thanks!

YAY! :) I love both of SI's Grapes, too, but I think I prefer the Classic to the New Grape. I really hope their "Chocolate" hits the target for you -- crossing my fingers as well!

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    You can also try to test their base nic out first- I've been vaping unflavored juice for a year now and have constantly had to switch suppliers because sooner or later they send me stinky nic base. This would be the base for all their flavored mixes, so I can imagine that some can vary in taste or they all may have the same base aftertaste.

Alot of flavor sellers don't sell unflavored, but you could probably ask for a small sample just to test. Last year, even my best nic choices left a smell in my vaping/computer room, and in my carto. Since I found a great supplier, I'm over two months on the same carto (in a tank). That would be:One Stop DIY Shop

borjis

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Interesting.

there were reviewers that liked both Grapes. Some hated the old, some hated the new.
    I bought a bottle of cocoa and the classic grape. If it's like Janty/vaportalk I'll stick with
    it...if not I'll try the new one. "Grape Soda" is the taste I'm looking for.

and by the way, the highbrow dark chocolate is already tasting better after steeping for a week. not quite "cocoa" but definitely enjoyable enough not to re-sell.

Last edited:

borjis

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    I hear that search66!

the only issue I have with Janty is the price (twice what most charge) well, that and they often run out.

Eleanor, the New Grape I ordered tastes like an exact copy of Janty's! Very satisfied with it.
    Its half the cost of Janty and Vaportalk so I will definitely be getting more and will try the classic grape too.

The chocolate has an incredibly big throat hit, biggest I've ever had in an ejuice. Unfortunately
    it's missing something in the flavor. It does taste pretty close to the chocolate the gocarts prefilled
    had but not quite. It's an ok flavor but I think I like the highbrow dark choc taste better. I'll definitely vape it though.

I'm going to try bestecig choc next. Lots of people seem to like it that have tried Janty chocolate.

overall

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    TEXAS
    I also like Janty. I buy my RY4, polar ice (absolutely slap in the face WOW minty). Janty peach is also good but I find provape to be the king of peach.
    Now for other sources of delicious with no weird taste, I can often taste weird aftertaste, delicious on the inhale and them something not so yummy on the exhale):
    Provape - peach, strawberry, English toffee, and a very tart (but really original flavor) is the raspberry limeade.
    I have several more vendors samples in the mail to try.

Juice does taste better since I upgraded to a provari. I typically vape most fruits in the 4.3 to 4.7 range.

Pheisty

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Borjis, I know exactly that taste you speak of. For me, it wound up being PG. I cannot vape it. It must have been my body telling me that I had PG intolerance issues, because I wound up finding that to be the case.

A lot of people will tell you that PG has no flavor, but I disagree. Some people can and do taste it. You may be one of them.

Have you tried any VG-only liquids? Virgin Vapor has some absolutely wonderful organically-flavored juices that are so clean and never have 'that' taste. I'm very, very picky about flavors. I can't vape anything artificial-tasting at all. Virgin Vapor have been consistently the best, purest, cleanest flavor that I've experienced.

If you like cocoa, try her newest tobacco flavor: Organic Dutch Chocolate Tobacco. It's truly a wonderful, earthy vape. Just be sure to let it steep with the cap off for a couple of days because it has been thinned with pure grain alcohol. After that evaporates, you will have a very nice-tasting, satisfying vape.

Now, I know that tastes are subjective, but your initial post just sounded so much like my experience that I had to give you my take.

I hope this was helpful! :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread